+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys, my e-cas just changed.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hopeful to get a PPR request on Monday.

Now guys pls help me. If I send passport , is there any chance I will get it back by September 3?
I am going to France and I want to use the new visa to land during my return.
If I attach my airline tickets do you think the VO will be sending my passport back before the flight?

Thanks.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
bluelotus said:
Totally agree with "making such a tough stream so straightforward". Many congrats to every companion here who got PPR within last few days ;D, it's been quite a storm of it! I had to wait a while to do my medical because my passport was with USA embassy for a few days for my B visa application. Finally after 1 month of getting the MR, I did my medical yesterday; it took me actually the whole day to go thru body exam (with urine), blood test and chest x-ray in 3 different locations ???. However the staffs and the doctor were very nice in my case; they confirmed that they will send to CIC within a week. Meanwhile my wife did it earlier in our home country.

My suggestion to later applicants is that you might want to spend some time checking the internet reviews of the panel physicians. Because I read some rough reviews about some of them and I think the choice of a good physician might make a difference of a few days and prevent hassle in some cases. Keep posting friends...
Thanks. Your comment is definitely Valid. We did our whole Medical exams within one hour. My officemate had your experience even though we live in the same city.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
vasyok said:
Did my landing today at the Niagara Falls Crossing. I do not have a US visa and expected some rough questioning from an officer, but it went very smoothly. The officer finished all paper work in about 5 minutes, gave my passport back, and told me to go to a Canadian side. No fingerprints were taken. The only questions he asked were "Why did you decide to move to Canada?" and "Is Canada better than your home country?" :)

"Canadian part" of the landing process took about 1 hour, including those 45 minutes I spent waiting in line. An officer took my CoPR, asked for an address in Canada, and told me to wait "while he was checking something". In 10 minutes he called me back, asked to sign the CoPR, and said "You are now a permanent resident of Canada". I did not hear any "Congratulations" or "Welcome to Canada" :(

He did not cross my student visa or took my study permit, but he said that it's illegal to use them now (have no idea why). So I cannot fly out of the country until I get a PR card.
Many Congrts.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
Ace_2012 said:
Congratz Arm739, Henry! That leaves me the second in the back of the list, after Houra! :D
Thanks a lot. Hopefully, you guys will hear good news soon.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
aalm said:
Hi guys, my e-cas just changed.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hopeful to get a PPR request on Monday.

Now guys pls help me. If I send passport , is there any chance I will get it back by September 3?
I am going to France and I want to use the new visa to land during my return.
If I attach my airline tickets do you think the VO will be sending my passport back before the flight?

Thanks.
Big Congrats. One of my friends did that and it was successful. They send the passport back to him just before his departure. However, it might be risky a bit. If I were in your shoes, I would send the passport for sure.

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Hi guys

I have a question. I have been living in Canada for last 4 years and did not go to home country or out of Canada within this time frame.
I am going to apply for FSW phd program. Do I still need a police clearance certificate? I have a 4 years old one. Because CIC didn't require it for couple of my friends !

Thanks.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
vasyok said:
Did my landing today at the Niagara Falls Crossing. I do not have a US visa and expected some rough questioning from an officer, but it went very smoothly. The officer finished all paper work in about 5 minutes, gave my passport back, and told me to go to a Canadian side. No fingerprints were taken. The only questions he asked were "Why did you decide to move to Canada?" and "Is Canada better than your home country?" :)

"Canadian part" of the landing process took about 1 hour, including those 45 minutes I spent waiting in line. An officer took my CoPR, asked for an address in Canada, and told me to wait "while he was checking something". In 10 minutes he called me back, asked to sign the CoPR, and said "You are now a permanent resident of Canada". I did not hear any "Congratulations" or "Welcome to Canada" :(

He did not cross my student visa or took my study permit, but he said that it's illegal to use them now (have no idea why). So I cannot fly out of the country until I get a PR card.
Great, congrats, ;D

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
ASMIA said:
Hi guys

I have a question. I have been living in Canada for last 4 years and did not go to home country or out of Canada within this time frame.
I am going to apply for FSW phd program. Do I still need a police clearance certificate? I have a 4 years old one. Because CIC didn't require it for couple of my friends !

Thanks.
Updated police clearance certificate (PCC) is an important document related to security & criminality assessment. So if you submit an old one, you are most likely to be asked by CIC to submit an updated one at later stage. It does not matter whether you travelled outside in the last 10 years or not (heard from someone in CIC call centre).

Check the current CIC guideline about PCC. This was the note from CIC website that I followed for my application:
"Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one."
So, to be on the safe side, I wouldn't want to submit a PCC that is 4 years old. At least it should be less that 12 months as anything older than that is 'generally' expired according to that CIC definition above. However you may contact the call centre to know update about it. All the best.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Thank you, Vasyok,

Do you guys know the differences between the Record of landing/ and the CoPR? Nowadays, we only have the CoPR as the primary proof for landed immigrants, isn't it?

Thanks,

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Guys can you help me? Do I have to be as official as possible when providing the statement?

rogelio said:
I got a bank certification letter from my bank. It is dated, with contact info, states the amount of money I have and a date I became a customer of the bank. The letter is NOT stamped tho. Will it cause any problems? I was told I could order an official letter for 30 $, but I decided to go for the free one, coz the representative said I should be fine.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogelio said:
Guys can you help me? Do I have to be as official as possible when providing the statement?
I think it's better to prepare PoF according to the checklist. I included a certification letter from the bank (I think TD charged me $15 for it) as well as statements for all my accounts for 6 months.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Henry.Nguyen said:
Thank you, Vasyok,

Do you guys know the differences between the Record of landing/ and the CoPR? Nowadays, we only have the CoPR as the primary proof for landed immigrants, isn't it?

Thanks,
My understanding is that the "Record of landing" is the document that CIC used in the past, and CoPR is one that they are using now.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Thank you, Vasyok :) Were you requested a 6 month history at a later stage?

vasyok said:
I think it's better to prepare PoF according to the checklist. I included a certification letter from the bank (I think TD charged me $15 for it) as well as statements for all my accounts for 6 months.