+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

whatever51

Oct 31, 2011
Hey Guys,

I have already submitted by application forms to cic few months ago, but I am afraid I have included the wrong work experience letter.
the letter I got from my department stated that I have worked as both TA and RA for total of 40 hrs/week for total of five years, also the wording didn't include any "assist" in the included chores.

1) I am wondering if I should resubmit another experience letter, where I separate both TA and RA hours (about 20 hrs/week each) and include the word assist.
2) Also I want to include a letter from my previous supervisor to confirm my RA hours, and role.
3) would it be better if I notarized the two letters from the canadian embassy?
4) what kind of cover letter should I include, cos I am not resubmitting similar documents? anyone with similar experience?
5) do they acknowledge the receipt of new documents to a current application, or should I request document receipt acknowledgment

ubcweicai

Jan 16, 2014
Got email from VO!

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· Medical examination for yourself (Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

· New original police certificate for yourself and your spouse from Japan

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself and your spouse. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Does it means I will receive PR card soon after I got these?

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Lol...yes hopefully you will.
When did you submit your application?

ubcweicai said:
Got email from VO!

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· Medical examination for yourself (Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

· New original police certificate for yourself and your spouse from Japan

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself and your spouse. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Does it means I will receive PR card soon after I got these?

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Guys, I got the visa today. Went to the Sarnia border right after I got the passport, and landed :). Surprisingly, they did not ask for my bank statement. Also, it seems like, they are now encouraging in-land landing more. When I was coming back to the Canadian border, the officer asked me why I am landing this way (going out and then coming back). I said its written on the instruction paper with the CoPR. He asked me to show that and I showed him. Then he said, you can land this way only if you don't get an appointment for in-land landing. But, eventually there was no problem.

This forum has been of a great help. Will try to return the favor as much as possible. Good luck to everyone whose application is still in process.

Jubayer

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Guys,
It is "Decision Made" ...
The fourth line has been added today (did not exist in the morning).

I hope it is positive and I will receive the PPR soon.

Regards,

whatever51

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone?!

whatever51 said:
Hey Guys,

I have already submitted by application forms to cic few months ago, but I am afraid I have included the wrong work experience letter.
the letter I got from my department stated that I have worked as both TA and RA for total of 40 hrs/week for total of five years, also the wording didn't include any "assist" in the included chores.

1) I am wondering if I should resubmit another experience letter, where I separate both TA and RA hours (about 20 hrs/week each) and include the word assist.
2) Also I want to include a letter from my previous supervisor to confirm my RA hours, and role.
3) would it be better if I notarized the two letters from the canadian embassy?
4) what kind of cover letter should I include, cos I am not resubmitting similar documents? anyone with similar experience?
5) do they acknowledge the receipt of new documents to a current application, or should I request document receipt acknowledgment

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
albaik said:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Awesome! Yours took a little while. When did you submit the RPRF and the requested documents?

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Any other opinions?

PhD_Chemistry said:
Hello Guys,

I need your help about my case as I am applying soon.
which one should I include: HR letter or supervisor letter?

HR letter says: TA (12hours/week) in Fall and Winter and RA in summer (33 hours/week).....No RA in Fall and Winter (So, RA is not continuous).

Supervisor letter says: RA in Fall and winter (20 hours/week) and RA in the summer (33 hours/week)....I got a separate letter for TA (12hours/week).

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
I have not submitted the requested docs. It was FBI clearance, I sent an email to CPC-O informing them that I'd not submit it as I had not stayed in USA for more than 6 month.

I submitted RPRF on July 6th by email.

Regards,

sia_kb8 said:
Awesome! Yours took a little while. When did you submit the RPRF and the requested documents?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
albaik said:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
good to know
congratulations

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
aalm said:
"Medical results have been received" after 25 days!
Hoping for a 4th line soon!
I think it really depends upon the person seeing your file. Mine medical received line was there just after 4 days I went for medical. You will get the fourth line very soon. All the best.