Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

I would like to share my PR story so far. I applied for FSW (PhD Class). In the course of time, I updated my RA/TA letter of reference because I did not include the magic word "Assist" in the previous one along with my original documents. In that letter, I also added some more duties and responsibilities in detail to match the NOC 4012 as much as I could. Unfortunately, I got the rejection email :( from the immigration officer anyway because he had determined I did not meet the requirements of sections b) and c) of 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations despite the fact that I had already sent them the letter of reference with all the information required. Then, with the help of my wonderful friends in this forum :-* I tried to appeal. After few weeks of submission of my application in the Federal court, the officer's lawyer contacted me to settle a deal outside of the court. I closed the case and instead, the immigration officer's decision was set aside and my case reopened for redetermination by a different officer. Soon after I closed the case, I got RPRF and medical request unbelievably ;). I cannot tell my friends (Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O and others) how grateful I am for their instructions and help. Without their help and of course this forum, I could not be able to return my PR application to the right track. I hope this happens to every one of us. Here is my timeline after rejection:

File opened in the Federal Court: June 6th 2014
File closed in the Federal Court: July 24th, 2014
RPRF Request: July 29th, 2014
Medical Request: July 30th, 2014
Excellent!!! Good Work!!!

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
musicinthedark said:
I finally did the landing last week. Thank you guys for all your information.
One more question though. During the landing, the officer told me it would takes about 7 weeks to 10 weeks to receive the PR card. However, in the CIC websites, the processing time for PR card is about 21 calendar days. When can I expect to receive it then?
Thanks again!
I was told 6-8 weeks on Saturday the 26th of July. So I'm expecting it in early September.

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations for all who got their PR.
I wanna ask your opinion about my case.

My problem is that Both my TA and RA work experience is not continuous
My HR letter says that I am TA (from September to April 12 hrs/week) and
RA from (May to August 33 hrs/week). The letter that doesn't say that I am doing RA all around the year

So in summary (4 months RA only and 8 months TA only).

Do you think am I still eligible to apply?

Looking forward to your reply.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhD_Chemistry said:
Congratulations for all who got their PR.
I wanna ask your opinion about my case.

My problem is that Both my TA and RA work experience is not continuous
My HR letter says that I am TA (from September to April 12 hrs/week) and
RA from (May to August 33 hrs/week). The letter that doesn't say that I am doing RA all around the year

So in summary (4 months RA only and 8 months TA only).

Do you think am I still eligible to apply?

Looking forward to your reply.
Forget about what HR says. Ask your supervisor to write a letter saying that you have been doing RA for 20-25 hours at least per week since you joined his/her lab. That should work.

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Hello Guys,

It would be appreciated if the applicants who got the RCMP request along the Medical Examination inform me about its processing time and how they got the results back.
Will the Police send it directly to the CIC or to the applicant ?

Thank you :)

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Congratulations to who got their ME and RPRF requests recently. It seems that they are not easily convinced on my application and skipped my file for now.

Fingercrossed and hope to get requests soon. Wish me good luck guys!

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Do you think this will not be a contradiction with the HR letter that can confuse the officer?

chakri264 said:
Forget about what HR says. Ask your supervisor to write a letter saying that you have been doing RA for 20-25 hours at least per week since you joined his/her lab. That should work.

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
saeedp62 said:
Hello Guys,

It would be appreciated if the applicants who got the RCMP request along the Medical Examination inform me about its processing time and how they got the results back.
Will the Police send it directly to the CIC or to the applicant ?

Thank you :)
I didnt get my RCMP. But one of my friend get it. The RCMP sent the reports directly to the CIC. My friend just got the confirmation that the CIC received it.

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Bobrovsky1 said:
I didnt get my RCMP. But one of my friend get it. The RCMP sent the reports directly to the CIC. My friend just got the confirmation that the CIC received it.
Do you mean your friend got informed through GCMC notes, or CIC confirmed the receipt of that.

BTW, in the doc request that I got earlier for CPP-O it is quoted that

· RCMP fingerprints: These fingerprints must be sent to the RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa for a Certified Criminal Record Check. For more information about how to be fingerprinted and where to send the fingerprint form

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

If RCMP send the results directly to CIC, what should I send to CIC as a proof of doing the fingerprinting stuff !?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
chakri264 said:
You asking him/her to lie. HR letter represents the actual work, if there other work hours that might related to research study.

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
So you think My supervisor shouldn't mention work hours in the letter?

Do you think 4months RA and 8 months TA (for 2 years) will work?
NB. Neither TA nor RA was continous all the year.

salem10 said:
You asking him/her to lie. HR letter represents the actual work, if there other work hours that might related to research study.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
PhD_Chemistry said:
So you think My supervisor shouldn't mention work hours in the letter?

Do you think 4months RA and 8 months TA (for 2 years) will work?
NB. Neither TA nor RA was continous all the year.
If I were you, I wouldn't take salem10's comments seriously... he has a long history of repeating his unclear and misleading comments on this topic. He's never been a PhD stream applicant after all. You can look at page 677 of this topic to see an example of him making other waaay more informed users mad. ::)

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I guess CIC will shut down PhD Stream from January 2015.

"The new PhD cap year began on May 1, 2014. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
cantaloupe said:
If I were you, I wouldn't take salem10's comments seriously... he has a long history of repeating his unclear and misleading comments on this topic. He's never been a PhD stream applicant after all. You can look at page 677 of this topic to see an example of him making other waaay more informed users mad. ::)
Yeah, I'd just try scroll past his posts. Poor guy is just misinformed and cannot express himself very well.