Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Jubayer said:
Got passport request today :) . Two and a half months after I did medical.

Jubayer
Finally. Congratulations. Happy for you. :) :)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
rogelio said:
Hi,

have a couple of questions. can anyone help?

1) does celpip score report have to be mailed in the envelope you receive (unopened, as is)? I opened mine

2) has anyone from successful applicants submitted the PhD attestation letter signed by the graduate coordinator (not the Dean of Graduate Studies)?

Thank you.
1. No need to be in sealed envelope. Can be opened.

2. Attestation letter must be signed by the graduate school. It will not be accepted if signed by someone else.

AmberImm

Mar 19, 2014
Hi there,

I sent out my application in May 2014, but haven't got anything back. It has been two months. Is this normal? How can I check the status of my application?

Thanks!
Amber

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Viva2014 said:
Thank you very much for your answer. I think full time work is 30 hrs per week (source:cic website). Besides, we should not consider our study as work! So, in this case we only work for 30 hours and 15 hours for our study and our supervisor is not responsible to pay us for our study. Your study can be after office hours or during weekends and it is completely logic but your work usually should be done during office hours. What is your idea?
Hi Chakri,

I am still waiting for your reply. Any other members are also welcome to share their opinions.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I think some people got lucky getting away with full time work with full time study.
Some CIC people came to our University this year. I clearly asked them can anyone claim this?
They said if you get 30 hours job money (taxed) + full time work = we have no problem.
But if its not taxed and you are doing full time work and full time study, then its totally luck.

Sorry if I am not understanding this.
Thanks.

Viva2014 said:
Hi Chakri,

I am still waiting for your reply. Any other members are also welcome to share their opinions.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aalm said:
I think some people got lucky getting away with full time work with full time study.
Some CIC people came to our University this year. I clearly asked them can anyone claim this?
They said if you get 30 hours job money (taxed) + full time work = we have no problem.
But if its not taxed and you are doing full time work and full time study, then its totally luck.

Sorry if I am not understanding this.
Thanks.
Would you please clarify it more. I think CIC knows that RA does not include tax and for that reason they exclude it from CEC stream. I do not understand that if it is not taxed then, there is again no difference between claiming for 20 hours and 30 hours? because for part time job still you are not paying any tax for RA.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
That's what they replied on "my question".
I also do not think "RA" is work unless you pay tax.
But following the forum it seems some people did get PR stating "RA" as work without tax.
In our lab and associated hospitals, we have students work as "RA" with hourly rate (taxed) but they are studying full time in Universities.

So again its confusing. I don't think there is any definite rule about this.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aalm said:
That's what they replied on "my question".
I also do not think "RA" is work unless you pay tax.
But following the forum it seems some people did get PR stating "RA" as work without tax.
In our lab and associated hospitals, we have students work as "RA" with hourly rate (taxed) but they are studying full time in Universities.

So again its confusing. I don't think there is any definite rule about this.
Thanks Aalm. You are totally right. There is no definite rule and that makes us confused since I really worked at least for 30 hours for my supervisor (not for my Phd study)and in addition to that, I spent some times for my study. Now, I do not know whether to ask for 30 hours or more or just asking for less than 30 hours.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Viva2014 said:
Hi Chakri,

You may be right viva. My lab mate got rejection because he claimed 40 hours which was the reason why I am skeptical about claiming 40 hours full-time as an RA. If you have proper documentation to support your claim just go ahead. Anyways it is just 5 hours extra.Will you not get enough points if you don't claim 30 hours a week? How many points you claimed in your application?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
AmberImm said:
Hi there,

I sent out my application in May 2014, but haven't got anything back. It has been two months. Is this normal? How can I check the status of my application?

Thanks!
Amber

It is kind of normal. Check your spam folders for PER email from Sydney. Has your credit card been charged yet?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
chakri264 said:
You may be right viva. My lab mate got rejection because he claimed 40 hours which was the reason why I am skeptical about claiming 40 hours full-time as an RA. If you have proper documentation to support your claim just go ahead. Anyways it is just 5 hours extra.Will you not get enough points if you don't claim 30 hours a week? How many points you claimed in your application?
Since we are not still sure about adaptability point for two years PhD study(not completing the program); I am in dilemma of asking for full time RA (the realistic one) or part time one. In fact the only person after may 2013 is Sarsanballa to whom Ottawa awarded those 5 points. Still no one form those who got medical requests have shared their GCMS in order to make sure about that. If they do not award that point, then I will have problem by claiming RA as part time.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I got 5 adaptability points for previous (2 year) study in Canada according to GCMS notes.
I have recently got medical call.

Note that, I did not claim RA or TA as my primary NOC.
Also they did not grant me any points for a relative in Canada.

Viva2014 said:
Since we are not still sure about adaptability point for two years PhD study(not completing the program); I am in dilemma of asking for full time RA (the realistic one) or part time one. In fact the only person after may 2013 is Sarsanballa to whom Ottawa awarded those 5 points. Still no one form those who got medical requests have shared their GCMS in order to make sure about that. If they do not award that point, then I will have problem by claiming RA as part time.