16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
haithy said:
I guess the cap for the PHD stream will be reduced to 500 per year

news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841339
I'm glad that they are increasing the caps for FSWP, and I'm glad that FSWP will stay alive, at least until the introduction of Express Entry next year. What I don't get is the reduction of caps from the streams which potentially have the immigrants with the qualifications they're looking for (adapted to Canadian culture, Canadian education and work experience).

Why reduce the cap for CEC and PhD stream FSWP (which likely have applicants that are the most likely to be integrated with Canadian culture and society), and at the same time, increase the caps for vanilla FSWP? I just don't understand their actions sometimes...

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Thank you and congratulations! :)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
meyakanor said:
Hi PhdStream,

1. sarsanballa can shed some light on this, but basically, your tuition will be local so long your PR is still in process (or approved). If it is (God forbid) rejected, then they will revert it back to international, and depending on what year you are (or the policy of your school), the international student tuition differential waiver may (or may not be) reinstated.
2. Yes, it is possible. The process is a little elaborate (unless you receive the PER letter by mail, and NOT email), but you are entitled for OHIP coverage since once you get PER, you have been approved in principle for PR (that is, deemed eligible to apply for PR).
proclivity said:
In my university, I have to get a pr status to be able to get refunded.
@ meyakanor and proclivity, thanks a lot for the reply ...

Appreciate if anyone else has some more information or insight

1. I know in certain universities, International tuition fee gets waived once we received PER. But what will happen if PR is rejected??

2. Can we get OHIP (in Ontario) if we have PER? If yes, how can we apply it?

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
PhdStream said:
@ meyakanor and proclivity, thanks a lot for the reply ...

Appreciate if anyone else has some more information or insight

1. I know in certain universities, International tuition fee gets waived once we received PER. But what will happen if PR is rejected??

2. Can we get OHIP (in Ontario) if we have PER? If yes, how can we apply it?
2. You can search OHIP in our stream, I remembered someone shared the way how to get it.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
cdhbamboo said:
2. You can search OHIP in our stream, I remembered someone shared the way how to get it.
Print your PER email, then bring it to ServiceOntario, along with a proof of residency (like Ontario driver's license, university transcript), and a support of identity (student ID).

They will not approve it, and you then need to ask for transaction record (with reasons why coverage is rejected), then appeal the decision.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
A quick question:

I heard ME is only valid for 3 months. For a couple, if one did ME on March 01, the other did ME on June 10. Is it OK? Should the first person re-do the ME?

Thank you,

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
thundervikes said:
A quick question:

I heard ME is only valid for 3 months. For a couple, if one did ME on March 01, the other did ME on June 10. Is it OK? Should the first person re-do the ME?

Thank you,
It's valid for a year.
MarMar20 said:
Hi all,

I finally got passport request last night after more than 2 years waiting :)
Congrats!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
thundervikes said:
A quick question:

Thank you,
It is valid for a year by default after the date it is accepted by the Ottawa, not after the examination date. Do not worry. Most of the times they even extend the validity period over a year. Couples can undergo the examination at 2 different dates as well.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
aidina said:
It is valid for a year by default after the data it is accepted by the Ottawa, not after the examination date. Do not worry. Most of the times they even extend the validity period over a year. Couples can undergo the examination at 2 different dates as well.
Nice to know. You made my day. Thank you!