+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
salem10 said:
Get your passport request and visa first!!! My understanding that CIC will cancel your current visa and other document when the issue your PR. As a PR you have the right to travel and enter back to Canada as you like. You cab study or work wherever you like within Canada.

I see there is no logic reason of your question or your prospective call to CIC on Monday. Why you want to enter without using your PR visa? The question is might be alarm of further investigation.

I donot why you thinking this way, its strange way of thinking.
Let me explain it in a easier way...

I get passport request in June...I send my passport and get visa...

I leave Canada in July for a week and come back and do landing...

Then I cannot leave country again after 4 days for my second trip as I will still not have my PR card in my hand nor will I be able to apply for a new visa that quickly...

So either I ask an extension on my passport or do not do landing on my first trip and request the official if I can do it on my second trip..is that possible?

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
thundervikes said:
Sorry. I have no idea on how to define "unable to send passport to Canada".
Neither do I. My wife sent her passport to me yesterday. Hopefully it is not stuck at the customs. ???

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
proclivity said:
Neither do I. My wife sent her passport to me yesterday. Hopefully it is not stuck at the customs. ???
Let us know when you receive it, it may help others to know how long it will take to be received.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
N_O said:
Let us know when you receive it, it may help others to know how long it will take to be received.
I will.

zhougt said:
For the guys who have sent their RPRF, did you hear any confirmation from CIC except the auto-replied email?
You won't hear from them. I sent them a hard copy for safe.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
zhougt said:
For the guys who have sent their RPRF, did you hear any confirmation from CIC except the auto-replied email?
i did not get anything except for he auto-reply...and i dont expect them to send anything unless there is some problem i guess....

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
zhougt said:
I got an automatic reply only when I sent to the short e-mail (the English part of that long e-mail). However I have already attached a hard copy with the mail I sent for my RCMP fingerprint report.

BTW, I sent them an e-mail 3 days ago asking for a confirmation for receiving the RCMP report and they replied the next day saying yes we received that document.

zhougt

May 15, 2012
I got a question about the passport request. I know it is a little bit early to me, but I would like some comments from you guys.

I am currently in Canada, while my wife is in China. I know mailing her passport to CIC could expect some delay. You know, a passport is considered as a "good" according to the Canada Custom, and they have to do some "clearance" when shipped.

I would like to ask a friend who is travelling from China to Canada to bring her passport to me. Then I can just mail our passports together in Canada. Do you think it is a good option? Would it raise any suspicion to the CIC office since my wife has claimed she is in China and her mailing address is in China?

Thank you!