+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
proclivity said:
Thank you so much. 60 days are very tight.

I am in Canada. My spouse will send his passport to Canada via mail. I heard that the customs will check the mail, and it will take up to 4 weeks. I am really concerned about it.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
thundervikes said:
Thank you! Do you mean sending them an email to ask for extension?
Yes, you may send them an email to ask for extension.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
thundervikes said:
A quick question: When CIC send PPR (request for passport), within how many days should the passport reaches CIC?

Thank you guys,
Did u get a passport request ?

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
thundervikes said:
Thank you so much. 60 days are very tight.

I am in Canada. My spouse will send his passport to Canada via mail. I heard that the customs will check the mail, and it will take up to 4 weeks. I am really concerned about it.
I have the same concern. I'm not sure whether I could ask them to print a visa in another visa office, so that my wife doesn't have to send her passport to Canada. Has anyone done that before? The email says if you are unable to send passport to Canada, you can ask for that.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I have a question regarding landing....

say for example...i get my passport request in June and i submit my passport for the permanent resident entry visa (i would still have my student visa and study permit with me at that time)....

now if I plan to do two back to back trips in July outside canada....Is it possible for me to enter Canada when I finish my first trip and decide to NOT do my landing that time and enter on my regular student visa and study permit....and then I do my landing when I am on my second trip back into Canada...is that possible? If yes,is there any documentation somewhere as well confirming the same...I will call and ask CIC as well on Monday...but just wanted to know if someone has experienced this or knows anything about this...

The reason I am asking is because I plan to take two back-to-back trips in July and need to be prepared in case a situation like this arises....

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
proclivity said:
I have the same concern. I'm not sure whether I could ask them to print a visa in another visa office, so that my wife doesn't have to send her passport to Canada. Has anyone done that before? The email says if you are unable to send passport to Canada, you can ask for that.
Which "email" are you talking about? Is it the email requesting for the passport?

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
sgtrigger said:

say for example...i get my passport request in June and i submit my passport for the permanent resident entry visa (i would still have my student visa and study permit with me at that time)....

now if I plan to do two back to back trips in July outside canada....Is it possible for me to enter Canada when I finish my first trip and decide to NOT do my landing that time and enter on my regular student visa and study permit....and then I do my landing when I am on my second trip back into Canada...is that possible? If yes,is there any documentation somewhere as well confirming the same...I will call and ask CIC as well on Monday...but just wanted to know if someone has experienced this or knows anything about this...

The reason I am asking is because I plan to take two back-to-back trips in July and need to be prepared in case a situation like this arises....
What is a "back-to-back trip"?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
sgtrigger said:

Get your passport request and visa first!!! My understanding that CIC will cancel your current visa and other document when the issue your PR. As a PR you have the right to travel and enter back to Canada as you like. You cab study or work wherever you like within Canada.

I see there is no logic reason of your question or your prospective call to CIC on Monday. Why you want to enter without using your PR visa? The question is might be alarm of further investigation.

I donot why you thinking this way, its strange way of thinking.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
salem10 said:
Get your passport request and visa first!!! My understanding that CIC will cancel your current visa and other document when the issue your PR. As a PR you have the right to travel and enter back to Canada as you like. You cab study or work wherever you like within Canada.

I see there is no logic reason of your question or your prospective call to CIC on Monday. Why you want to enter without using your PR visa? The question is might be alarm of further investigation.

I donot why you thinking this way, its strange way of thinking.
I agree. I have the same doubt.