+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hqdavidzhang said:
OK, I was informed by a lawyer that CIC only count for the funds under the Principal applicant? which means that my funds never meet the requirement
including the previous statement made 13 months ago. Can i transfer some money in my other account to the account i am using for PR application?
Can i use the pay studs from employer to resolve the funds concerns? since i graduated and got a permanent job.
Thanks, N_O.
Funds under the name of both the principal applicant and the spouse counts. You do not need to transfer money between your accounts. Just show the history of all your accounts to prove you have the funds, and they are not borrowed.

Your salary is not a substitute for your settlement funds. You should have the money available "now", not in the future.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
How can we ask our local MP to inquire about the status of our application?
I went to the MP office and told them that I want to know about my immigration application status. The MP assistant called CIC and inquired about the status of my application.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Thx. I called them this morning, and faxed them some documentation. The assistance told me it should take a week to get a response from Ottawa. I hope she comes back to me faster, with a more clear status of my applications. They should be able to get a better answer from Ottawa compared to what we get, right?
They should get a better answer than the general ones that we get from Ottawa.

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
Can i submit the funds of proof through the email address of cic? which is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca?
Thanks.

----------------
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested,
notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your
complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.
---------------------------------------

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
for another question pls.

--------------------------------------
> Funds, proof: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations.
Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 03/26/2014.
-------------------------------------

This means that I can submit the copy of funds proof, right? Thanks.

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

I have read the post in the previous pages, but I am still confused. Does income in your T4A count as paid work experience? if your supervisor writes a letter saying you have worked for example 12 hours a week but the income from the work is listed in T4A NOT T4, can you still claim paid work experience?

Best

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hqdavidzhang said:
Can i submit the funds of proof through the email address of cic? which is CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca?
Thanks.

----------------
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested,
notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your
complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.
---------------------------------------
I have'nt received a document request yet so I am not sure about the email address above, but I sent an updated refrence letter to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca before. It won't hurt to send the documents to both emails!

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
hqdavidzhang said:
Can i submit the funds of proof through the email address of cic? which is CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca?
Thanks.
Yes. Since they have indicated CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca for sending the documents, in their request E-mail. I am also going to send it by mail.

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

I landed on Friday Feb 28 and I would like to share my landing experience with you.
Some of my friends landed in our city's airport and I decided to land there but when we got there they told us that the landing rules changed two weeks ago (Feb 10th) and now you need to go to a border and land over there.. BAD LUCK..

However Peace Bride was not the closest border to us, we decided to go there and avoid USA rejecting. After finding the famous (!!) U-turn (and a panic attack of missing it ;D) and long waiting in Canadian costume, they told us that the rules has changed and you now you need to exit the country and enter again in order to land...!! BAD LUCK.. :(
After almost 2 hours in the USA costume and another hour in Canadian costume we finally landed...YEY.. :D

My advise, do not bother going to Peace Bridge anymore.. or at lease check before hand..

Wish you all best luck..

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BetsyZ said:
Hello everyone,

I landed on Friday Feb 28 and I would like to share my landing experience with you.
Some of my friends landed in our city's airport and I decided to land there but when we got there they told us that the landing rules changed two weeks ago (Feb 10th) and now you need to go to a border and land over there.. BAD LUCK..

However Peace Bride was not the closest border to us, we decided to go there and avoid USA rejecting. After finding the famous (!!) U-turn (and a panic attack of missing it ;D) and long waiting in Canadian costume, they told us that the rules has changed and you now you need to exit the country and enter again in order to land...!! BAD LUCK.. :(
After almost 2 hours in the USA costume and another hour in Canadian costume we finally landed...YEY.. :D

My advise, do not bother going to Peace Bridge anymore.. or at lease check before hand..

Wish you all best luck..
Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
BetsyZ said:
Hello everyone,

Wish you all best luck..
Congrats! When did you receive you passport back?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
ahmadimo said:
Yes. Since they have indicated CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca for sending the documents, in their request E-mail. I am also going to send it by mail.
CPP-OTTAWA is no longer a pilot office. It is a case processing centre since January 2014 and they have changed the email addresses accordingly.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

See above link!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Holygun said:
CPP-OTTAWA is no longer a pilot office. It is a case processing centre since January 2014 and they have changed the email addresses accordingly.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

See above link!
What about their address? the one in the above link is assigned for TRV not for PR, Where should we send the PCCs?
I sent mine the last week to:
CIC
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Does this address still valid for PR?