15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
proclivity said:
Thank you for the response. I know I have to update my status, but do I have to add her to my application? Cause I plan to let her submit her application separately. I don't want to wait for another year if I added her.
You certainly have to add your spouse to your application right now. In case you get your immigrant visa without adding her and then land, it would be considered misrepresentation and would jeopardize your PR status. The border officer would verify all the details on your COPR when you land and if you claim you are 'single' when you are not, that would certainly affect your wife's application in the future too.

If you do not add her now, you would not be able to sponsor her in the future if it comes to that as she would not be part of the 'family class'

So go ahead, and inform them right away. Yes, it is going to add to the processing time, since your wife has to pass eligibility and admissibility review as well. It is better to do things right the first time.

Good Luck

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
S_Govind said:
You certainly have to add your spouse to your application right now. In case you get your immigrant visa without adding her and then land, it would be considered misrepresentation and would jeopardize your PR status. The border officer would verify all the details on your COPR when you land and if you claim you are 'single' when you are not, that would certainly affect your wife's application in the future too.

So go ahead, and inform them right away. Yes, it is going to add to the processing time, since your wife has to pass eligibility and admissibility review as well. It is better to do things right the first time.

Good Luck
Thank you. I read the email again and I realized that I have to do that. Well, I have to accept it even though I finally see some hope from CIC. Sigh, another long journey begins......

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
proclivity said:
Thank you. I read the email again and I realized that I have to do that. Well, I have to accept it even though I finally see some hope from CIC. Sigh, another long journey begins......
I am on the same boat as you. Do add her info at least. If you want to sponsor her now, you need to also state in the forms that she is your "accompanying spouse". You have to declare your status regardless of sponsoring/ not sponsoring her.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I am on the same boat as you. Do add her info at least. If you want to sponsor her now, you need to also state in the forms that she is your "accompanying spouse". You have to declare your status regardless of sponsoring/ not sponsoring her.
Thank you. I decide to add her to the application. Please keep updating your info so that I can estimate how much time the delay takes.

abdul78

Nov 27, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proclivity said:
Thank you. I decide to add her to the application. Please keep updating your info so that I can estimate how much time the delay takes.
Congrats proclivity for this step!

Can you tell us if your ecas status has changed as well?

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
engineer2012 said:
Hi Folks, received passport request email early last week (Feb 4). Sorry, I was so busy to let you know timely.
My Best,
Congrats buddy. It took you 5 months to get pass request which is the average for Iranian I guess. I hope you have a soft landing as it is the last step of this looong journey.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I got a medical request from CIC this morning. It seems that I have to finish medical examination first and then proceed my wife's application. I don't know what I should do next. I have informed them my marriage status and got no replies yet. Shall I look at the 2012 application package and find out those documents that require spouse's information and then fill them out?

Thank you!

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
PhdStream said:
How long does it takes to get IELTS result, hard copy, after receiving unofficial score on the Internet?
If your result is say due today, and you do not pick it up at the location, they will mail you the next day by regular mail. So depending on how far you are from the test center, it takes 1-5 business days until you receive it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Anna2013 said:
If your results are say due today, and you do not pick it up at the location, they will mail you the next day by regular mail. So depending on how far you are from the test center, it takes 1-5 business days until you receive it.
Thanks ... my result was appeared on their website yesterday...hopefully by next Friday :).

May be early or mid march, I will apply..

shauser

Feb 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
N/A, I'm German
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Hi all,

I'm new here. 860 pages?? :eek: oh my! I'm not going to read this...
I've been skimming through a bit and saw that people post timelines. Usually after sending the application to CIC it takes about a year? to receive the acceptance and then one has to go to get a medical check?

I'm applying for PR under the PhD stream. I live and study and work in Vancouver, BC and I'm originally from Germany. I will send my application out tomorrow. I finally have everything together.

Cheers sh

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shauser said:
Hi all,

I'm new here. 860 pages?? :eek: oh my! I'm not going to read this...
I've been skimming through a bit and saw that people post timelines. Usually after sending the application to CIC it takes about a year? to receive the acceptance and then one has to go to get a medical check?

I'm applying for PR under the PhD stream. I live and study and work in Vancouver, BC and I'm originally from Germany. I will send my application out tomorrow. I finally have everything together.

Cheers sh
Good for you - yes, a year at least. It may be worth considering choosing the visa office from Germany in your case, some European ones are faster than Canadian ones.
Also, make sure you check your reference letter before you send the application. Some people have included successfull letters in their signatures.
This forum is long, but worth reading, and if you don't have a good enough letter, you may get rejected after waiting for a year and will likely not get your money back...

Best of luck

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all!
I just received my CAIPS notes. i got PER on December 16.
It seems they gave me 5 points (adaptability) for 2 years of PhD study in Canada. However, although they didn't give me any points for having a brother as PR (provided enough documents). My total point is 71 according to them.

Should I now contact them about this?

Thanks