waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi there,

Sorry to hear your case. But it is also good that you dont need to wait long to revise yourself and also you got your material back. Now you know your case and what you actually need to do next step. Here we have lot of people who got rejection from OTTAWA after a year of waiting, no refund and no material back. Keep patient and prepare your next application. If I were you I would carefully get the revised job letters that contain substantial number of duties stated in your NOC and apply again immediately. As your file seems to be return from SYDNEY your case is also not a rejection. That is a good opportunity for you. That is my two cent advice. By the way can you please copy and paste your JOB LETTER (duties) and the duties of your NOC here so that people here may provide you better help. Here we have lot of rejection from OTTAWA on JOB DUTIES MISMATCH. So it is always better to get advice from the experts in this forum

Gill2014 said:
Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding my rejected application under PhD stream. I submitted my application on Nov 10, 2013 and I received my application materials with rejection letter on Jan 15, 2014. To explain my situation I am a PhD student of applied mathematics and I have two years work experience in a company. Moreover, I have two years TA/RA work experience with one semester teaching experience (instructor) in my PhD period. In my documents, I just put my work reference letter with description of my duties, hours,.... Unfortunately, I made a mistake and I wrote wrong immigration office in my generic form(Sydney instead of Ottawa). This is the officer reasons to reject of me:

" You have identified NOC classification code: 2161-Applied mathematics (Actuary) as primary occupation to be assessed. All supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history was taken into consideration. The employment letter from ..... company does not provide sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties.

Therefore, I am not stratified there is sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as described of the NOC 2161-Mathematics, statisticians and actuaries.

Note: any reference to work experience in a NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.

As your application does not meet the requirement of R(10) of IRPA, it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Now my questions are:
1) Can I apply again?
2) For work experience, what sort of documents should I put to satisfy the officer?
3) I thought my work experience will be accepted so I didn't even mention any part time work experience that I had in my country. Now I was wondering that can I add my part time work experiences to my application?
4) Generally, with this respond of CIC, what should I do to persuade them about my work experience?

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Gill2014 said:
Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding my rejected application under PhD stream. I submitted my application on Nov 10, 2013 and I received my application materials with rejection letter on Jan 15, 2014. To explain my situation I am a PhD student of applied mathematics and I have two years work experience in a company. Moreover, I have two years TA/RA work experience with one semester teaching experience (instructor) in my PhD period. In my documents, I just put my work reference letter with description of my duties, hours,.... Unfortunately, I made a mistake and I wrote wrong immigration office in my generic form(Sydney instead of Ottawa). This is the officer reasons to reject of me:

" You have identified NOC classification code: 2161-Applied mathematics (Actuary) as primary occupation to be assessed. All supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history was taken into consideration. The employment letter from ..... company does not provide sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties.

Therefore, I am not stratified there is sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as described of the NOC 2161-Mathematics, statisticians and actuaries.

Note: any reference to work experience in a NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.

As your application does not meet the requirement of R(10) of IRPA, it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Now my questions are:
1) Can I apply again?
2) For work experience, what sort of documents should I put to satisfy the officer?
3) I thought my work experience will be accepted so I didn't even mention any part time work experience that I had in my country. Now I was wondering that can I add my part time work experiences to my application?
4) Generally, with this respond of CIC, what should I do to persuade them about my work experience?

For 1. You can apply again anytime
2. Include revised job letter for NOC 2161, dont delete the duties that already there. Add more duties to match NOC description.
3. And also you can add part time experience you have
4. The way to persuade them is to provide documents stated in 2 and 3 above. You are aware that your job letter should be in company letterhead with contact details so that they can verify those if they want.

We have seen many cases in this forum doing points 2 and 3 above successfully. You may also hear opinion of other people in this forum and hope the people who had similar cases and got successful will give you better advice

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Willbeat said:
For 1. You can apply again anytime
2. Include revised job letter for NOC 2161, dont delete the duties that already there. Add more duties to match NOC description.
3. And also you can add part time experience you have
4. The way to persuade them is to provide documents stated in 2 and 3 above. You are aware that your job letter should be in company letterhead with contact details so that they can verify those if they want.

We have seen many cases in this forum doing points 2 and 3 above successfully. You may also hear opinion of other people in this forum and hope the people who had similar cases and got successful will give you better advice
Just to add one more thing to what willbeat wrote. They evaluated your primary occupation as you indicated in your application (2161-Applied mathematics (Actuary) as primary occupation to be assessed). Therefore, adding more part time exp. from back home won't hurt your application but you have to be consistent with the time and payment of your first letter of exp (primary occupation).
You are lucky as you get feedback in this early stage and you didn't lose your fees.
Good Luck!

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
ravenous071 said:
hi , does anyone know?
YOu should get PER (most probably) email soon. It takes a week or two to get PER after CC charged. You may also be able to see your ecas status "IN PROCESS" after a week or so. In my case I could see ecas status after a week and got PER after two weeks. If you see ecas status "IN PROCESS" that is PER (your file is transfered to processing office). Please note that CC charged means your file is complete and you are most likely get PER (but always not true).

emrulh

Mar 18, 2013
Hi,

I am a PhD student of Finance and I just completed 2 years of PhD studies and got the attestation letter from the university. I have tons of questions regarding my FSW application. I hope some generous people in this forum can help. My questions are:

1. Can I do two applications together/parallel: cec and fsw? Should I send them in the same office then?

2. I have only one copy of reference letter from some of my job experience. So, if I am applying for both cec and fsw, should I provide original reference letter or just copies? I also have only one police clearance certificate now. Should I send the original one or just copies for both cec and fsw applications?

3. By when you get an indication that your application is rejected/incomplete? Do they charge the cc when they return it?

4. Because there is a cap for both cec and fsw, is this a good time to apply (by the end of Jan 2014?

5. What's the average, min, max processing time according to this forum's experience for fsw phd stream?

6. Do I need to send all TA/RA contracts and pay stubs, or sending the reference letters is enough? They can get confused with this because some RA/TA income comes from Scholarships too and are not recorded in pay stubs or T4.

7. I came from Bangladesh in 2009. Which office I should choose for my application for both cec and fsw? Is there any difference?

8. After reading this forum, I found a lot of rejection cases due to not putting enough info regarding their RA work. Should I get one more letter from my supervisor along with the reference letter from the department? Can you provide me the link for a sample letter that I can draft for my supervisor?

1. I did my BBA from Bangladesh, two Masters degree from Canada and now a PhD 3rd year student in Canada. Do I need to send an ECA report for my Bachelor degree from Bangladesh or sending copies of transcript and certificate for that BBA s enough?

I always follow this forum. And this forum is very helpful. I will really appreciate your prompt reply because I am going to apply in a week or two. Thanks.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
emrulh said:
Hi,

I am a PhD student of Finance and I just completed 2 years of PhD studies and got the attestation letter from the university. I have tons of questions regarding my FSW application. I hope some generous people in this forum can help. My questions are:

1. Can I do two applications together/parallel: cec and fsw? Should I send them in the same office then?

2. I have only one copy of reference letter from some of my job experience. So, if I am applying for both cec and fsw, should I provide original reference letter or just copies? I also have only one police clearance certificate now. Should I send the original one or just copies for both cec and fsw applications?

3. By when you get an indication that your application is rejected/incomplete? Do they charge the cc when they return it?

4. Because there is a cap for both cec and fsw, is this a good time to apply (by the end of Jan 2014?

5. What's the average, min, max processing time according to this forum's experience for fsw phd stream?

6. Do I need to send all TA/RA contracts and pay stubs, or sending the reference letters is enough? They can get confused with this because some RA/TA income comes from Scholarships too and are not recorded in pay stubs or T4.

7. I came from Bangladesh in 2009. Which office I should choose for my application for both cec and fsw? Is there any difference?

8. After reading this forum, I found a lot of rejection cases due to not putting enough info regarding their RA work. Should I get one more letter from my supervisor along with the reference letter from the department? Can you provide me the link for a sample letter that I can draft for my supervisor?

1. I did my BBA from Bangladesh, two Masters degree from Canada and now a PhD 3rd year student in Canada. Do I need to send an ECA report for my Bachelor degree from Bangladesh or sending copies of transcript and certificate for that BBA s enough?

I always follow this forum. And this forum is very helpful. I will really appreciate your prompt reply because I am going to apply in a week or two. Thanks.
I hope the following answers help you:
Yes you can, for cec you experience must not be RA/TA but for fsw RA/TA is accepted. You can send them to the same office because they are under different categories.

copies only for the reference letter. Police clearance must be the original one.

No, they won't charge you if the rejection comes before you recieved the PER. after you recieved the PER it may be rejected and you won't get a refund.

Nobody now, you have to check if the cap is reached or not.

based on CIC it's almost 25 month now. min 13 month and max: I don't now.

No need at this stage if they want any clarification they will email you (if your application pass the first stage).

There are a lot of successful reference letters posted on this forum just do a simple search and you will find one.

HanMo

Jan 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
I am currently a PhD student in Quebec but my boyfriend lives in Ontario and I will change my address in upcoming 6-7 months. I was thinking what kind of information/documents I can add to my profile proactively to show the officer that I will definitely leave Quebec.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
hqdavidzhang said:
Helloo all, how to update my PhD completion letter and job offer to CIC?
what is the mail address?
Thank you.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | 613-946-6059

E-mail : OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

emrulh

Mar 18, 2013
ubc2010 said:
I hope the following answers help you:
Yes you can, for cec you experience must not be RA/TA but for fsw RA/TA is accepted. You can send them to the same office because they are under different categories.

copies only for the reference letter. Police clearance must be the original one.

No, they won't charge you if the rejection comes before you recieved the PER. after you recieved the PER it may be rejected and you won't get a refund.

Nobody now, you have to check if the cap is reached or not.

based on CIC it's almost 25 month now. min 13 month and max: I don't now.

No need at this stage if they want any clarification they will email you (if your application pass the first stage).

There are a lot of successful reference letters posted on this forum just do a simple search and you will find one.
Thanks ubc2010. These answers are really helpful. I have more questions for you and the other people. Those are -

- My MA degree completed on December 2011 but the degree convocation (conferred on) was on June 2012. Which one is relevant for CIC in calculating my hours after graduations (for CEC application)? I got a PGWP at December 2011 though for that MA degree. How do I prove that?

- The NOC code for TA/RA is very confusing. Which one I should use in application? 4012?

-Do i need to submit official transcripts for all of my degrees? Is it ok if I don't submit the transcript? Do i need to send certificates too?

-My Bachelor degree is from Bangladesh, then the MA is from Canada. Do I need to submit an ECA report for the bachelor degree from Bangladesh (for FSW-PhD stream application)? or simply mentioning that degree is ok?

Thanks. You guys rock!

yuw25

Feb 19, 2013
I had completed 2 years PhD study when I submitted my PR application in Jan. 2013. I didn't provide to them any offer letter other than the letter from my advisor. In this letter, it did mention that I will graduate in Summer 2014. The following is the letter from my advisor.

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a Ph.D. student in the Department of XXX at XXX University. He entered the Ph.D. program in January 2011. Since January 3, 2011, Mr. XXX has been working as a full-time Research Assistant (40 Hours/Week) in XXX laboratory under my direction. He assists me in three research projects and his main duties are:

(1) Conducting literature reviews, surveys in the field of XXX.
(2) Designing and conducting laboratory experiments to test XXX. Designing and simulating XXX (add your own projects and experiments description here).
(3) Assisting the professor to compile and analyze the experimental results.
(4) Preparing journal articles and papers to publish the experimental results.
(5) Assist the professor to supervise undergraduate summer research students.

His total annual salary is $XXX plus tuition benefits (waiving the differential fees for international students). He will continue to work as a Research Assistant until his graduation, which is expected in Summer 2014.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Yours Sincerely,

Advisor name/title/contact info.

Stuck In Quebec said:
Thats actually good and bad news. Good news that people from Quebec are getting PR through this stream, bad being where is the consistency?? Would you mind sharing which year of PhD are you in and if any documents were provided proactively to them say offer letter for employment etc. Please share as it will help many people on this forum and few of my friends in Quebec.

Thanks.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

could any of the ones who have received PER since January 2014 send me a PM with the content of the letter (without names/file number, etc...).
That would be really helpful, thank you!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hi All,

I received the CPR and my passport with the immigrant visa duly stamped on it via mail earlier today. Both the documents were issued on the 6th of January- the same day I received a request to mail in my passport. Although the visa is valid for a year, I plan to complete the landing formalities shortly. I would certainly keep the forum updated on how 'flagpoling' went for me.

That aside, I would like to take this opportunity to wholeheartedly thank the 'collective wisdom' of the forum members (it is hard for me to single a person out, all of you are just awesome !!) in helping me overcome the shortcomings in my application. Thank you for being patient and putting up with my rants sometimes (albeit not too many I suppose !).

18 months of anxiety has finally come to an end and yes there is certainly light at the end of the tunnel. Patience is certainly a virtue...

Thank you one and all. If anyone has any question regarding any part(s) of the application, feel free to PM me. I would try and help to the best of my knowledge

Best,

SG