informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
MJ2 said:
Can someone explain this to me please.
Does NOC4012 fall under Skill Type C?!

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Tutorial.aspx#8
From that same Web page:

"The second digit of the NOC code represents the Skill Level for all occupations"

Judy_imm

Feb 12, 2013
Hello guys,

I have posted previously about my questions but so far have not received any answers. I really appreciate if you could help me.

I am updating my experience letter. This time from my supervisor only (previously only from department). Would that work?
Also, is it advisable to add the hours worked until now?

My concern is that, for example if I have 2 years of 30 hours per week, does this count as one year full-time? or I should have 1 year of a 30 hours and a 7.5 hours from different positions?

Also, my supervisor is not going to mention my TA since we don't have TAs in summer and it won't be considered as continuous anyway.

Please advise if you have any suggestions. Thank you so much !

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
It works, if you take if from your supervisor. However, number of hours is very important. You can't do work more than 20 hours a week. be very clear about it. And they wanna know how many hours you worked. So make sure you work only 20 hours. You can submit your letter till now.
Remember your experience letter should contain the lead statement of RA and TA which is given in NOC XXXX.

Judy_imm said:
Hello guys,

I have posted previously about my questions but so far have not received any answers. I really appreciate if you could help me.

I am updating my experience letter. This time from my supervisor only (previously only from department). Would that work?

My concern is that, for example if I have 2 years of 30 hours per week, does this count as one year full-time? or I should have 1 year of a 30 hours and a 7.5 hours from different positions?

Also, my supervisor is not going to mention my TA since we don't have TAs in summer and it won't be considered as continuous anyway.

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
Dear Friends,

Any update on CIC strike???

When is it going to END.

My application is pending after medical for more than a month now.

Judy_imm

Feb 12, 2013
tahhiir said:
It works, if you take if from your supervisor. However, number of hours is very important. You can't do work more than 20 hours a week. be very clear about it. And they wanna know how many hours you worked. So make sure you work only 20 hours. You can submit your letter till now.
Remember your experience letter should contain the lead statement of RA and TA which is given in NOC XXXX.
Why should it be only 20 hours? Do they then add all 20 hours in 2 years to make a 1 year work experience?
Based on the rate and money we receive the school claims more than 30 hours in its letters.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Judy_imm said:
Hello guys,

I sent updated experience letter signed by my supervisor only and worked. You can add hours till now but they don't count in.

Judy_imm said:
Yes. it does. For example you can have 20 hr/ week for 2 years.

Judy_imm said:
You can write it by details. I put 40 hrs at summers for RA only , for Fall , 30 hrs RA + 10 hrs TA and so on ...

Judy_imm said:

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Judy_imm said:
Why should it be only 20 hours? Do they then add all 20 hours in 2 years to make a 1 year work experience?
Based on the rate and money we receive the school claims more than 30 hours in its letters.
I claimed 40 hrs/ week and they gave accepted the whole 2 years. Claim 40hrs including you TA.
As tahhiir said , dont forget the leading statement which says " you are assisting a university professor .. "
Copy and paste duties of RA/TA from human resource of Canada and put in your letter.

ak0512

Apr 25, 2013
My friend was asking me if demerit point of 4 on driving record can affect the security or criminality clearance. Any idea?

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
I got a medical report request email from CIC today along with Pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. I chose Beijing as my case processing centre, but I am not sure whether I can choose 'Pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee --- Paying from inside Canada' option on the CIC website. Or I have to pay directly to the Embassy. The website the request email provides is canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zoubin said:
I got a medical report request email from CIC today along with Pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. I chose Beijing as my case processing centre, but I am not sure whether I can choose 'Pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee --- Paying from inside Canada' option on the CIC website. Or I have to pay directly to the Embassy. The website the request email provides is canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Congrats! It has been a long while since an applicant got a medical request.

I think it should be from inside Canada as you reside here currently, however, to be in the safe side call the CIC to ask them about that.

Btw, would you please share your timeline with us?

Good Luck!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
engineer2012 said:
Received my Medical request this week. I applied in September 2012.
Congrats! Have you got any document request before that ?