+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congrats :D

dfbb said:
did my landing this morning. no additional questions asked except those routine ones that we answered "NO".
Now I have a question. Can we go to apply the new SIN number immediately? Someone was saying that we have to wait for the PR card first, then go to apply new SIN number. Could someone recently did it confirm this? Thanks a lot.

I also ordered my second GCMS later last month. I will update related information once I receive it.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Rayhaneh said:
Thank you so much for your answer. So, you mean one of the following condition must apply to use the e-CAS system not all of them (because for me the last three are true but not the first one):

- your case is being processed in Canada;
- your address is in Canada;
- you are moving within three weeks;
- you have not been requested to report your change of address in person to your local office.

Sorry, for asking the same question again!
Oh, my bad then. Since your case is not being processed in Canada, then I don't believe you can do it online. I guess you would have to inform them about any change of address by mail or email. Maybe someone else in this thread had an experience with this and can give a better answer.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
anjuku said:
You don't have to get your actual PR card to apply for a new SIN card..you can do it right away with your COPR papers. You should also apply for new OHIP cards ASAP...the new ones will be valid for 5 years ;)
Anjuku +1 for the info, nd most importantly for still keeping ur eyes on the forum and responding right away. Just love the attitudes of all the folks who r generously still helping the forum even after their PR. Thanks to dfbb for his promise to share his CAIPS report. This means nothing to him/her but could be helpful for many of us. This is probably one of the best immigration forum where ppl heartily intends to helps others not to bias others.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
chakri264 said:
You missed noticing a basic rule here. You cannot apply under FSW general stream with one year experience in any one of the NOC skill O, A or B. That one year experience has to be under 29 job NOC codes mentioned in FSW guide. But for PhD students you can show one year experience in any one of the NOC skill level O, A or B. It does not necessarily have to be under those so called eligible 29 NOC codes mentioned in the FSW stream rules. If you have experience in one of those 29 NOC codes, you can apply under general FSW.
I would also like to add that some of the NOC's are so popular, and they filled up basically as soon as the new FSWP was re-opened. For example, sarsanballa, if I'm not mistaken, would also be qualified to apply under NOC 2132 (mechanical engineering), but since this is a super popular NOC, it would be a folly of him not to apply under the PhD stream (since the PhD stream is not subject to the 5,000 applicant cap of FSW1, nor the 300 for each NOC).

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Hi

It depends on your selection,
If entered your email on the application, then you will get an email!

GrTak said:
Hello, could anybody kindly tell me if Ottawa sends us an email or a letter by mail to request the Medical? Thanks very much in advance!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
meyakanor said:
I would also like to add that some of the NOC's are so popular, and they filled up basically as soon as the new FSWP was re-opened. For example, sarsanballa, if I'm not mistaken, would also be qualified to apply under NOC 2132 (mechanical engineering), but since this is a super popular NOC, it would be a folly of him not to apply under the PhD stream (since the PhD stream is not subject to the 5,000 applicant cap of FSW1, nor the 300 for each NOC).
That's absolutely true.. Agreed.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys,

I used to follow this forum long ago! Just wondering if there were any successful application for phd stream from Quebec so far?!

Cheers!

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
I received my requested GCMS information via email from CIA. Below I copied parts from the letter:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress

What is TFR-Eligibility? That is the reason why my application status 2 is open.

The letter indicates that my letter of reference related to work experience on file, but not verified. Should I do something about that?

Many thanks.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
mengoose said:
I received my requested GCMS information via email from CIA. Below I copied parts from the letter:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress

What is TFR-Eligibility? That is the reason why my application status 2 is open.

The letter indicates that my letter of reference related to work experience on file, but not verified. Should I do something about that?

Many thanks.
When did you apply for it?

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just got passport request. Thank you all for your help and kindness which made this possible.

Wish you much luck and success on your application.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi Guys,

I just got passport request. Thank you all for your help and kindness which made this possible.

Congrats

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
mengoose said:
I applied Nov 2012. I have received Proof of fund request and sent it.
Did you sent your six-months bank transactions with the application back in Nov. 2012? What did you sent as proof of fund then?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi Guys,

Aaah what a pleasant news !. Congrats!! don't know what is happeing in my application its almost 15 months, didn't get even MR yet :(. Anyways happy landing!