+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
chakri264 said:
1.Just photocopies are enough. No need to be attested.

2.Photocopies of the study permit/work permit along with the photo copy of the stamp in your passport made by Canadian authorities at the port of entry.

3.You have to send certification letter by the bank authorities saying that you have 13,837 CAD in your account along with the application. Later CIC will request you to send 6 months bank statements. For most of the applicants CIC requested 6 months history only once. This request will come after 3-5 months of the date of application. Remember that it is not a requirement that you have to provide CIC the 6 months history at the time of application. But you have to provide them with the certification letter at the time of application.

4. It is not true for all applicants that the CC is charged with in 10 days. It was true for some applicants who applied in recent months but not for all. I would suggest you to renew your CC and provide those details to CIC.

5.I am not sure about this. I would suggest to maintain total money on principle applicants name but there could be an exception. Sorry someone could help you in this regard.

6. I believe you are asking this question to claim 5 points under adaptability under spouse's one year experience in Canada. For this purpose one year experience is needed. It doesn't matter whether it is continuous or not. But it has to be authorized and full-time.

Hope I answered your questions.
Thanks, this is very helpful :)

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
chakri264 said:
1.Just photocopies are enough. No need to be attested.

2.Photocopies of the study permit/work permit along with the photo copy of the stamp in your passport made by Canadian authorities at the port of entry.

3.You have to send certification letter by the bank authorities saying that you have 13,837 CAD in your account along with the application. Later CIC will request you to send 6 months bank statements. For most of the applicants CIC requested 6 months history only once. This request will come after 3-5 months of the date of application. Remember that it is not a requirement that you have to provide CIC the 6 months history at the time of application. But you have to provide them with the certification letter at the time of application.

4. It is not true for all applicants that the CC is charged with in 10 days. It was true for some applicants who applied in recent months but not for all. I would suggest you to renew your CC and provide those details to CIC.

5.I am not sure about this. I would suggest to maintain total money on principle applicants name but there could be an exception. Sorry someone could help you in this regard.

6. I believe you are asking this question to claim 5 points under adaptability under spouse's one year experience in Canada. For this purpose one year experience is needed. It doesn't matter whether it is continuous or not. But it has to be authorized and full-time.

Hope I answered your questions.
Sorry just thought about something else, so if you provide the 6 months bank statements from the beginning, do they usually request them again later? And when you say my spouse needs to have worked full-time for 1 year, does the rule of "or the equal amount in part-time work experience" applies to him? or is that just for us, the main applicants?

Thanks, again !

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
It was received by Ottawa on July 29th.
I got it back today. Will do landing over the weekend.
edwin83 said:
Congrats! By the way, when did Ottawa received your passport? Thanks.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
dfbb said:
It was received by Ottawa on July 29th.
I got it back today. Will do landing over the weekend.
congrats!! I'm just wondering did you put your application number on your envelopes (including the return one)?
my passport arrived ottawa by July 26th and my tracker is still not activated yet. Hope that I will get my passport return soon.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
starrysky said:
congrats!! I'm just wondering did you put your application number on your envelopes (including the return one)?
my passport arrived ottawa by July 26th and my tracker is still not activated yet. Hope that I will get my passport return soon.
He is very lucky. His was processed very fast indeed. It is exactly 1 month after my medical examination, and , I still do not have my "medical received" line! :(

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
no. i did not.
starrysky said:

ak0512

Apr 25, 2013
I got my GCMS yesterday again where I got 69 point by SL.. who gave me Recommend Passed status, but I didn't see any progress on security and criminality section like RCMP screening, where does it show up in the note, any idea?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
Does any one know if I ordered the GCMS notes will it delay my application? I saw there is electronic or paper option? Any advise would be appreciated it.

Thanks,

David

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
dapin84 said:
Does any one know if I ordered the GCMS notes will it delay my application? I saw there is electronic or paper option? Any advise would be appreciated it.

Thanks,

David
Hi David,
No, your application won't get delayed. You may order as many as you want. The electronic option is the preferred one.

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi David,
No, your application won't get delayed. You may order as many as you want. The electronic option is the preferred one.
Thanks, I don't understand why not (which is great). When they do this, don't they have to access my physical documents? is it just an electronic file they have access to?

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
dapin84 said:
Thanks, I don't understand why not (which is great). When they do this, don't they have to access my physical documents? is it just an electronic file they have access to?
Everything that is done on or regarding your file (since they received your application) is recorded (e.g. any eligibility assessment, security screening, criminality check, document request and updated documents that you send...) So, they will not have a hard time to provide you with the recorded information regarding your file. It usually takes about a month for you to get your notes.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
status on ECAS says "In Process". medicals have been received.
I did my medicals and my wife's on July/20/2013. The waiting has been painful.
how many more days/weeks/months till I see "decision made" on ECAS?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Marylou2 said:
Sorry just thought about something else, so if you provide the 6 months bank statements from the beginning, do they usually request them again later? And when you say my spouse needs to have worked full-time for 1 year, does the rule of "or the equal amount in part-time work experience" applies to him? or is that just for us, the main applicants?

Thanks, again !
Though you submit 6 months statements with the application, there even exist chances that CIC ask for them again. There are people in the forum who got request for proof of funds though they submitted along with the application. While coming to spouse work experience, they mentioned that it should be full time under adaptability section in the instruction guide for FSW category. They have not mentioned any type of wording such as "equivalent part-time". So I believe it should be full-time.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I am not sure whether the on-line status has to be changed to "Decision Made" after getting passport request or not. I got the email on Aug. 06 and still my status is "In process" and it just says that they received my medical results.

I also ordered CAIPS on July-05 and haven't got it yet. Are these normal?