15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Don't know how long more have to wait :((
Having passed eligibility (almost), you must be just fine Kazi. Its just a matter of time before you get the MR. Once there, your file will be finalized soon. This is what happened with dfbb and a few others. So stay chill and breathe easy !!

If someone has to be worried its got to be me. Just hoping they have their eyes wide open and see my updated letters...

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
S_Govind said:
Having passed eligibility (almost), you must be just fine Kazi. Its just a matter of time before you get the MR. Once there, your file will be finalized soon. This is what happened with dfbb and a few others. So stay chill and breathe easy !!

If someone has to be worried its got to be me. Just hoping they have their eyes wide open and see my updated letters...
Thanks Govind, for all the consolidated words. I am also praying for all of u.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
I think from the day when you have gathered around 12k, then you should apply and provide six months bank statements along with your application. This will proof them how you accumulate the proof of funds and you should be fine. Good luck.
Thanks a lot ..

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
I sent my updated reference letters, PCC, 6 months bank statements and some supporting documents proactively yesterday. In case if you want to make a note in the tracker spread sheet beside my timeline. Thanks.

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
Hello guys,

I'm kind of new to this forum, I think I joined about a month ago and have been trying to read the most I can about your experiences. I must say it has been very helpful, I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to read.
I also want to apologize for not being able to help yet to other fellows that post their questions here but I don't feel confident enough to give advice yet and wouldn't want to mislead anybody. I promise I will be more helpful at some point.

My spouse and I are planning to apply under the PhD stream in approximately 1 month, me being the main applicant. As we've been gathering our documents some questions have risen. I hope it is ok if I can just post my questions, and you help me to answer them.
Thanks a lot in advance,

1. Travel documents and passport. The guide says: "include only copies of pages showing: passport number, date of issue and expiry, the photo, name, date and place of birth". My question is: did you notarize these copies? Or regular high quality, colour photocopies will do?
2. Proof of lawful admission. The guide says: "Proof of Lawful Admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry". Would this be the work/study permit? or just the stamp from the last time we entered the country? Again, should this be notarized?
3. Proof of funds. I know that for both of us we need to have $13,837+ money in our savings account and that initially we need to provide 6 months history bank statement. What I am not sure is how often do they ask for an updated balance? Every 3/6 months? I need to pay a lot of money for tuition after applying for PR but I will get most of the money back (since a I have a scholarship) after a couple of months. My other question is do you need to show that you have had $13,837+ for the last 6 months ? or as long as the final balance is $13,837+, the previous movements in your account shouldn't matter?
4. I also read that your credit card has to be valid for the next 9 months but I realized that for most of the applicants in this forum they have charged their credit cards no later than 10 days after receiving the application. Both of my credit cards will expire in 6 months, should I consider getting new ones? I know you can pay with a certified cheque too, but I was hoping to pay with my Credit Card.
5. Do you think it is a good idea to submit my spouse's bank statement from an American bank? I've read in the forum that money should be in the main applicant's account but if we barely have the $13,837 in my Canadian account, I was thinking his american account might be of support?
6. My spouse has worked non-continuously during the 3 years we've been living in Canada but I think he can still gather 1 year of full time work. Does it matter that it hasn't been continuous?

Sorry for my long post and thanks a lot for doing this wonderful job !

I hope some experienced applicants can give me some insight ! Thanks!!

Cheers!

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Just want to share my progress

I just got confirmation of the receiving of my updated reference letters. Got PER in August 2012, POF request in April 2013, and I am still waiting .....

what about you guys with similar timeline?

snow_walker said:
Hi,

I thought to start a thread for international student applicants who are enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program) and filed Immigration Application after 5 Nov, 2011, so it can be a help for people to talk about immigration updates during the process.

Let us share the story, explain what you upto during your wait. Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress and lets help each others. I can create an excel database of the applicant's various data once we receive some applicants.

Stay Happy and hopeful!

Snow_Walker

PS: I will be applying myself probably within next 1 month and will share my timeline right after filing the application. If you are going to file your application may be in next 1/2/3 months, share that here. Let's make a journey together.

Phd_2010

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks NO !

Here is my missing info:

CC charged December 10, 2013
Number of People: 2
Work Exp: RA/TA + other
ECas status: in process

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Marylou2 said:
Hello guys,

I'm kind of new to this forum, I think I joined about a month ago and have been trying to read the most I can about your experiences. I must say it has been very helpful, I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to read.
I also want to apologize for not being able to help yet to other fellows that post their questions here but I don't feel confident enough to give advice yet and wouldn't want to mislead anybody. I promise I will be more helpful at some point.

My spouse and I are planning to apply under the PhD stream in approximately 1 month, me being the main applicant. As we've been gathering our documents some questions have risen. I hope it is ok if I can just post my questions, and you help me to answer them.
Thanks a lot in advance,

1. Travel documents and passport. The guide says: "include only copies of pages showing: passport number, date of issue and expiry, the photo, name, date and place of birth". My question is: did you notarize these copies? Or regular high quality, colour photocopies will do?
2. Proof of lawful admission. The guide says: "Proof of Lawful Admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry". Would this be the work/study permit? or just the stamp from the last time we entered the country? Again, should this be notarized?
3. Proof of funds. I know that for both of us we need to have $13,837+ money in our savings account and that initially we need to provide 6 months history bank statement. What I am not sure is how often do they ask for an updated balance? Every 3/6 months? I need to pay a lot of money for tuition after applying for PR but I will get most of the money back (since a I have a scholarship) after a couple of months. My other question is do you need to show that you have had $13,837+ for the last 6 months ? or as long as the final balance is $13,837+, the previous movements in your account shouldn't matter?
4. I also read that your credit card has to be valid for the next 9 months but I realized that for most of the applicants in this forum they have charged their credit cards no later than 10 days after receiving the application. Both of my credit cards will expire in 6 months, should I consider getting new ones? I know you can pay with a certified cheque too, but I was hoping to pay with my Credit Card.
5. Do you think it is a good idea to submit my spouse's bank statement from an American bank? I've read in the forum that money should be in the main applicant's account but if we barely have the $13,837 in my Canadian account, I was thinking his american account might be of support?
6. My spouse has worked non-continuously during the 3 years we've been living in Canada but I think he can still gather 1 year of full time work. Does it matter that it hasn't been continuous?

Sorry for my long post and thanks a lot for doing this wonderful job !

I hope some experienced applicants can give me some insight ! Thanks!!

Cheers!
1.Just photocopies are enough. No need to be attested.

2.Photocopies of the study permit/work permit along with the photo copy of the stamp in your passport made by Canadian authorities at the port of entry.

3.You have to send certification letter by the bank authorities saying that you have 13,837 CAD in your account along with the application. Later CIC will request you to send 6 months bank statements. For most of the applicants CIC requested 6 months history only once. This request will come after 3-5 months of the date of application. Remember that it is not a requirement that you have to provide CIC the 6 months history at the time of application. But you have to provide them with the certification letter at the time of application.

4. It is not true for all applicants that the CC is charged with in 10 days. It was true for some applicants who applied in recent months but not for all. I would suggest you to renew your CC and provide those details to CIC.

5.I am not sure about this. I would suggest to maintain total money on principle applicants name but there could be an exception. Sorry someone could help you in this regard.

6. I believe you are asking this question to claim 5 points under adaptability under spouse's one year experience in Canada. For this purpose one year experience is needed. It doesn't matter whether it is continuous or not. But it has to be authorized and full-time.

Hope I answered your questions.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
asbereth said:
Maybe I was wrong, and it was not necessarily dependent on how many times you have left Canada, but common sense would dictate that they would be having an easier time doing background checks on us if we have stayed in the country for years without leaving rather than if we have spent months at a stretch at countries where records of criminality are not as integrated as in Canada (they would have to do much more legwork in these countries).

And yes, do share what you found from your GCMS notes. Maybe you don't care anymore since you're pretty much safe for PR now, but it will definitely help other people who are still waiting in getting insight as to how CIC conducts their operation (though on security, there is usually not much we can find information about) :)
Hi guys,

Just a brief recap/update on my timeline:

App filed: Mar 28, 2012
PER: Apr 05, 2012
Request for documents (proof of funds): Apr 08, 2013
POF sent to CIC (via express mail): Apr 23, 2013
Med's request: May 10, 2013
RPRF pmt request: May 10, 2013
RPRF paid: May 17, 2013
eMedical sent: May 24, 2013
Current ECAS status (updated on June 15): "Medical Exam Received"
Request for documents (copies of renewed passports for my sons as they were expiring in July): June 27, 2013
Copies of renewed passports sent via email: July 20, 2013

NOTHING SINCE THEN (possibly due to the strike?)! :( I order GCMS notes on July 23rd and awit its arrival. They did charge me $5 for ordering the notes, which seemed unusual - isn't this a free service?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Hi guys,

Just a brief recap/update on my timeline:

App filed: Mar 28, 2012
PER: Apr 05, 2012
Request for documents (proof of funds): Apr 08, 2013
POF sent to CIC (via express mail): Apr 23, 2013
Med's request: May 10, 2013
RPRF pmt request: May 10, 2013
RPRF paid: May 17, 2013
eMedical sent: May 24, 2013
Current ECAS status (updated on June 15): "Medical Exam Received"
Request for documents (copies of renewed passports for my sons as they were expiring in July): June 27, 2013
Copies of renewed passports sent via email: July 20, 2013

NOTHING SINCE THEN (possibly due to the strike?)! :( I order GCMS notes on July 23rd and awit its arrival. They did charge me $5 for ordering the notes, which seemed unusual - isn't this a free service?
You should have applied under the privacy act not the access to information to avoid paying the 5$ charge! BTW, Did you take your Medical on May 24th, or your result was sent on May 24th?

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
aidina said:
You should have applied under the privacy act not the access to information to avoid paying the 5$ charge! BTW, Did you take your Medical on May 24th, or your result was sent on May 24th?
Silly me! :) That's why they collected $5... Thanks for explanation Aidina...

I stand corrected - we did meds on May 24th and the files were electronically submitted May 28th (as per our Dr's receptionist).

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys,

I used to follow this forum long ago! Just wondering if there were any successful application for phd stream from Quebec so far?!

Cheers!