+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
Hi every body. I just want to update my status:

I've got my medical on 28 June and my CAIPS changed to "start processing your application on June 21". :)

I've received my new GCMS as well. In the previous one I didn't get points for my current RA, and for my spouse education either, but they gave me 5 points for previous study in Canada (assessment done by Sydney).
I sent a supplementary reference letter with updated working hours (more than the hours I claimed in my initial application) and they accepted my new letter and considered the latest working hours as well. They gave me the points for my current RA and the points for my spouse education (Assessed by FA01772). They removed the 5 points of previous study in Canada from my assessment.

To those guys who haven't updated their letter, so do it quickly and provide an update on working hours if you think you get more points.

Hope the bests for all...

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Master3 said:
CIO gave me 9 points of adaptability ( 5 for two years of education + 4 spouse bachelor degree ).
But CPP reduced it to 4 points and did not give me the 5 points of education.
Thanks you for your pray. :)
I am assuming you got those 5 adaptability (in CIO) points for ur 2yrs of PhD but you haven't any Canadian degree yet right? Unfortunately I haven't heard anyone got those ever expecting 5 points unless you finish your masters here in Canada.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
noc4012 said:
I am guessing that SL stands for selection criteria (meeting the minimum of 1 year experience of continuous work, completed 2 years of PhD or finished program within a year prior to application).

FA stands for final assessment.

RC is related to data entry, perhaps recording credentials, usually comes from SL.
According to my GCMS, I never had assessed or assigned to SL. There is no SL in my file. In note section RK requested for documents and then assigned to FA. I got the first document request from RK, even though I had submitted them before due date again they have asked me for those documents (somehow they were missing those documents) and this time from FA and clearly mentioned in the document request e-mail that they needed those documents (POF and PCC) to finalize the application. So, crossing my finger that they have made some good decision on my application and now waiting for the RCMP screening results.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
HTC2013 said:

I've got my medical on 28 June and my CAIPS changed to "start processing your application on June 21". :)

I've received my new GCMS as well. In the previous one I didn't get points for my current RA, and for my spouse education either, but they gave me 5 points for previous study in Canada (assessment done by Sydney).
I sent a supplementary reference letter with updated working hours (more than the hours I claimed in my initial application) and they accepted my new letter and considered the latest working hours as well. They gave me the points for my current RA and the points for my spouse education (Assessed by FA01772). They removed the 5 points of previous study in Canada from my assessment.

To those guys who haven't updated their letter, so do it quickly and provide an update on working hours if you think you get more points.

Congratulations!! approaching very close to your dream :). Thanks for sharing your report and thanks for your suggestion. I am June applicant and updated my reference letter on May. In my previous GCMS report they awarded me 73 points and 9 points from adaptability, I had a canadian masters degree and 4 points from my spouse education, so hopefully I will stick with this 9 adaptability points. All I need at least one year from them to consider.

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Congratulations!! approaching very close to your dream :). Thanks for sharing your report and thanks for your suggestion. I am June applicant and updated my reference letter on May. In my previous GCMS report they awarded me 73 points and 9 points from adaptability, I had a canadian masters degree and 4 points from my spouse education, so hopefully I will stick with this 9 adaptability points. All I need at least one year from them to consider.
Thanks and hopefully you'll hear a good news from Ottawa very soon.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhougt said:
Hi all,

I submitted my application in this Jan, and my case is transferred from Sydney to Ottawa in this Feb. CPP-O hasn't contacted me since then. However, I would like to update some documents in my application (e.g. employment letter, bank statement). Is it okay? What mailing address should I use?

I found the following in the website. I am not sure if it is the right one:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Thank you!
Yes, this is the right address.
Also, you can email the employment letter and bank statement to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca
(For employment letter, I emailed the scan of the letter and then mailed the original letter to them)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
HTC2013 said:

Congrats! It seems they are working on those application submitted after Nov2012 faster!
Did you send them an email to make sure they attached your new letters to the application? If yes, after how many weeks they answered your inquiry? I am asking because I sent them an updated letter and 2 emails asking them to confirm attaching it but there is no answer at all!

Dec_Applicant

Mar 9, 2013
HTC2013 said:

Hi HTC2013

Have you done your medical test yet? Do you know how long it takes from the day you do medicals to get a status changed to 'Medical Received'?

Thanks

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
N_O said:
Congrats! It seems they are working on those application submitted after Nov2012 faster!
Did you send them an email to make sure they attached your new letters to the application? If yes, after how many weeks they answered your inquiry? I am asking because I sent them an updated letter and 2 emails asking them to confirm attaching it but there is no answer at all!
Thanks, Yes I sent them two emails with 3 days gap, and they answered to the second one in the same day. And also I sent the letter both by email and registered post service (Xpresspost).

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
Dec_Applicant said:
Hi HTC2013

Have you done your medical test yet? Do you know how long it takes from the day you do medicals to get a status changed to 'Medical Received'?

Thanks
Actually I haven't done my medical test yet. So unfortunately I don't know how long it's gonna take to change the status.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
HTC2013 said:
Thanks, Yes I sent them two emails with 3 days gap, and they answered to the second one in the same day. And also I sent the letter both by email and registered post service (Xpresspost).
I sent two emails with a week gap but no response yet, I'll wait another week and send them a third inquiry :)

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
noc4012 said:
You earlier mentioned that assessment was done early May whereas notes on your updated reference letters were made in June, so possibly they have not done an assessment after that. If they later check them you will be awarded the points for RA provided they accept them. Did you get letters which match NOC 4012 including the leading statement? How many hours per week did you claim?
Yes. I claimed 40 hr/week.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
I am assuming you got those 5 adaptability (in CIO) points for ur 2yrs of PhD but you haven't any Canadian degree yet right? Unfortunately I haven't heard anyone got those ever expecting 5 points unless you finish your masters here in Canada.
Yes. You are right. I haven't any Canadian degree.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Guys I just got my GCMS today, it was reviewed by SL this time and my Eligibility Status now appear as "Recommend Passed", although they have reduced my three points from my previous assessment (73 before now 70). They increased my spouse points 4 to 5 (since she had masters not bachelor degree) but my work experience reduced 3 yrs to 1 yr. Thankfully they have accepted my updated letter, thats what mentioned in note section. RCMP screening section still shows nothing, i think thats the reason why I am not getting the medical request yet.
So, requesting everyone plz update your letter asap if u have even microscopic doubt. And also suggesting all the applicants (who r in the tracker) plz follow the forum till the last day of ur processing, I am not in the shoes of any immigration officer to tell u that but it really helped me and I am 100% sure this suggestion will help u too.
Asbereth, N_O, Govind and Anjuku plz advise me to see any specific information from GCMS note. Thanks guys, without u i would be lost for sure.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Guys I just got my GCMS today, it was reviewed by SL this time and my Eligibility Status now appear as "Recommend Passed", although they have reduced my three points from my previous assessment (73 before now 70). They increased my spouse points 4 to 5 (since she had masters not bachelor degree) but my work experience reduced 3 yrs to 1 yr. Thankfully they have accepted my updated letter, thats what mentioned in note section. RCMP screening section still shows nothing, i think thats the reason why I am not getting the medical request yet.
So, requesting everyone plz update your letter asap if u have even microscopic doubt. And also suggesting all the applicants (who r in the tracker) plz follow the forum till the last day of ur processing, I am not in the shoes of any immigration officer to tell u that but it really helped me and I am 100% sure this suggestion will help u too.
Asbereth, N_O, Govind and Anjuku plz advise me to see any specific information from GCMS note. Thanks guys, without u i would be lost for sure.
Congrats