+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
anjuku said:
just to make sure if they actually considered your updated letter, in the notes section do they have both letters listed..for example in my notes section it says letters of reference from XXXXX dated XXXX AND XXXX ....so we can atleast conclude if they looked at both letters and used them in your assessment..
There is nothing about reference letters in the note section, which is weird; But in the incoming section they have mentioned that they have received the letters via mail.
Im going to email them tonight and ask to confirm me if they have received my latest work experience letters updated in July. I hope they answer my email.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
kaziahmmed said:
Hi Master3-- when did you order this GCMS note which you have received. Since we are pretty much closer date I am assuming they have also done the assessment in my application already but I still haven't received the report. I have requested on 20th June.
Hi kaziahmmed. Our application dates are close as well. But I ordered the GCMS notes on July 4th. I did get a confirmation from CPP-O that they received my updated reference letter. I'm still waiting for the notes to see whether they considered it or not. Hope it goes well for all of us.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
ryan_glory said:
There is nothing about reference letters in the note section, which is weird; But in the incoming section they have mentioned that they have received the letters via mail.
Im going to email them tonight and ask to confirm me if they have received my latest work experience letters updated in July. I hope they answer my email.
That is strange...from what i understand, each file goes through two stages of eligibility assessment...one by SLXXXX and the next by FAXXXX..it is the FAXXX which makes the final assessment and you will get a e-mail the day following assessment by FAXXXX...but in the case of SLXXX they just make a preliminary assessment of the file and put the file in queue to be assessed by FAXXX for the final verdict!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
informer2000 said:
Hi kaziahmmed. Our application dates are close as well. But I ordered the GCMS notes on July 4th. I did get a confirmation from CPP-O that they received my updated reference letter. I'm still waiting for the notes to see whether they considered it or not. Hope it goes well for all of us.
Lucky you are that you got the confirmation, I confirmed through our MP office. Lets hope for the best. I am praying my best to get rid of these nerve taking days. I don't remember last when I could deeply focus on my research :((

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Hi Master3-- when did you order this GCMS note which you have received. Since we are pretty much closer date I am assuming they have also done the assessment in my application already but I still haven't received the report. I have requested on 20th June.
June 21.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
I have one more question, is it your first GCMS report, if not then how many points they gave you in the previous one.
Its my 3rd GCMS. My points was 75 before.
Last one was 3 months ago.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
salem10 said:
That is good. You have two years of experience at back home country. If you have RA experience with supporting documents (offer letter, singed contact) and your supervisor pays for this work. I believe you can claim this experience as long as it was not part of your PhD program. If your RA is just part of your PhD program and you get paid as your supervisor has fund for this research, I don't believe it should count as RA experience. This is the main key is distinguish between RA experience and you do research to obtain PhD degree. If you believe you hold RA experience that not related to your PhD program, you need to ask your supervisor or your dept to write letter describe your RA position and how many hours/ week and for how long it takes place.
My personal recommendation is to send this letter along with contact from human resources and payment proof to Ottawa. So, they can look at it before the make decision. The immigration office should consider any document submitted by a client before final decision.
So the time now is critical for you. Again this is my personal experience you may wish to read the operation manual where they describe any additional document submitted by the client before decision.
Thanks salem10. My updated TA/RA letter is the same as my friend's letter. She got her MR two months ago and had this experience only.
I hope they accept mine too.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Master3 said:
Its my 3rd GCMS. My points was 75 before.
Last one was 3 months ago.
Did you claim for any adaptability points? I pray they will consider ur letter and plz for me as well :(. This is ridiculous how 75 points reduced to 66 !!!.

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
hmm. Be positive. I think you could do two things at this position (in fact i would do) first you can send them an e-mail by asking to consider your updated reference letter, attach the updated letter again. Go to the MP office, consult the points, show them the reference letter and also the GCMS report where you see they didn't consider your letter. Request the MP secretary to give them (CIC) a call and ask in details. I am also very scared in my case as well. I should get the GCMS very soon.
Did Sydney give u any adaptability points or u ever claimed for that?
Thanks for your comment. Well, Im going to send them an email at first to see what happens. I have updated all of my ref letters for the third time two weeks ago. So, I hope FA consider them for the final assessment. Regarding adaptability points the answer is yes. Sydney granted that 5 points to whoever claimed 2 years study in canada, regardless of completing or not completing the program. but as we all knew Ottawa has never given that adaptability point to those who didn't finished a program. The other thing is Sydney didn't grant me any point for my work experience outside of Canada. Did you have any work exp outside Canada?

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
I am guessing that SL stands for selection criteria (meeting the minimum of 1 year experience of continuous work, completed 2 years of PhD or finished program within a year prior to application).

FA stands for final assessment.

RC is related to data entry, perhaps recording credentials, usually comes from SL.

zhougt

May 15, 2012
Hi all,

I submitted my application in this Jan, and my case is transferred from Sydney to Ottawa in this Feb. CPP-O hasn't contacted me since then. However, I would like to update some documents in my application (e.g. employment letter, bank statement). Is it okay? What mailing address should I use?

I found the following in the website. I am not sure if it is the right one:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Thank you!

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Did you claim for any adaptability points? I pray they will consider ur letter and plz for me as well :(. This is ridiculous how 75 points reduced to 66 !!!.
CIO gave me 9 points of adaptability ( 5 for two years of education + 4 spouse bachelor degree ).
But CPP reduced it to 4 points and did not give me the 5 points of education.
Thanks you for your pray. :)

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Master3 said:
CIO gave me 9 points of adaptability ( 5 for two years of education + 4 spouse bachelor degree ).
But CPP reduced it to 4 points and did not give me the 5 points of education.
Thanks you for your pray. :)
If you had 75 and they took out 5 points for previous study, shouldn't you have 70 points?

FYI: we were under the impression you get 5 points for 2 years of "previous study" if you completed 2 years of PhD. Sadly, we discovered that those two years are part of "current study" so long you are in PhD program. "Previous study" is only if you completed 2 years other than uncompleted PhD (MSc, BSc, MBA, anything) or finished PhD, so that these 2 years are not "current study" anymore.

So to get those points, you may try to finish PhD before final assessment or claim 2 years of study outside PhD.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
noc4012 said:
If you had 75 and they took out 5 points for previous study, shouldn't you have 70 points?

FYI: we were under the impression you get 5 points for 2 years of "previous study" if you completed 2 years of PhD. Sadly, we discovered that those two years are part of "current study" so long you are in PhD program. "Previous study" is only if you completed 2 years other than uncompleted PhD (MSc, BSc, MBA, anything) or finished PhD, so that these 2 years are not "current study" anymore.

So to get those points, you may try to finish PhD before final assessment or claim 2 years of study outside PhD.
They did not accept my TA/RA letter and other experiences as well.

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Master3 said:
They did not accept my TA/RA letter and other experiences as well.

You earlier mentioned that assessment was done early May whereas notes on your updated reference letters were made in June, so possibly they have not done an assessment after that. If they later check them you will be awarded the points for RA provided they accept them. Did you get letters which match NOC 4012 including the leading statement? How many hours per week did you claim?