PPR: June 28th
Received passports: July 10
Landed on Thursday July 11th
Congrats! You achieved a new record!

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
asbereth said:
Congrats :) Are you planning to visit the United States before landing, or are you just going to get administrative refusal? If the latter, maybe it's a better idea to land through Peace Bridge (which would add only about 30 minutes of driving time), so you won't have to deal with the CBP :)
Thanks for your suggestion. I am planning walking through rainbow bridge to finish the landing process so I will deal with CBP. I will be strong since we have finished the most difficult part of immigrant process, couple of hours landing process would be nothing :D

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Mohazy said:
Hello Everybody,

I am sharing the rest of my timeline with you

MR received: May 30
Medicals done: June 4 (e-medical)
"Medicals received " status on ecas: June 11th

I have also received my CAIPS, so I can share with you some details

SL**** reviewed my application initially on May 6th, and he recommended accepting my application (based on the old experience letter, it also contained the word "assist")
The updated experience letter was attached to my file on May 14
The file was reviewed again by FA to render the final decision on May 30. I believe that he approved my application (I did not receive any emails from him/her)
Same day I was requested to pay RPRF
Following day, I received MR

So my PR journey took basically 11 months (lucky I know)

My advice: Submit complete application package, do not give them a chance to ask for extra documents
Also I would urge everyone to send updated proof of funds every 3 months or so (even thru email).
If you do that, the officer will have no reason to ask for 6 months history (coz you can not borrow the money every 3 months)
I sent 3 bank statements (without account history) : first one when I first submitted my application to CIO on August, second one when I added my spouse on February, Third one when I updated my experience letter.
They did not ask me to submit any additional POF
Another thing, Include PCCs in your initial application.

AGAIN, Do not give them a chance to request any documents coz it WILL delay the processing of your file. SEND EVERYTHING PROACTIVELY. do not give them a reason to delay the processing of your application

Thanks a lot guys for all the info. Wishing everyone best of luck
You also wish me luck in my future life :)

Mohazy

P.S Sorry for the bad English, it is 12:50 am now
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your landing experience?

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
received Medical request yesterday. as suggested by other members here, I updated reference letter several times to add key words "assist".

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
N_O said:
Hi there,

I added your timeline to the spreadsheet, would you please post the missing info?
Hi,

The rest of the timeline is as follows:
Credit card charged: March 15
PER issued: March 18
Nationality: Iran

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
dfbb said:
received Medical request yesterday. as suggested by other members here, I updated reference letter several times to add key words "assist".
congrats !!

tarkan

Apr 30, 2013
dfbb said:
Congrats. Is Medical the very last step of the Permanent residency application ? I am a newbie to this forum.
My application is still in process and I am waiting for the Medical. Have you guys seen anybody to be rejected
after medical exam ?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadimo said:
Hi Houra,

I have the same situation as you. Recently received my CAIPS notes and noticed that they have indicated only 2 years for experience. In addition to my RA experience (2 years) I have submitted reference letter for 3 more years which apparently is not considered in the notes. I have recently sent updated reference letters for both my RA and 3 years experiences with magical words but I am not sure if more actions might be necessary. Did you contact Ottawa to ask about this issue?

Other opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Amir
Hi Amir, my RA experience letter already had the magic words. I went through all my letters more carefully and realized that one of them is not well detailed to match the NOC. I didn't risk it, and asked my former employer for another letter with more details. I provided a draft for him and he wrote a new letter that starts with "This letter is based on XXX's request to provide additional details of her job duties at this company during her employment from dd-mm-yy to dd-mm-yy..." and then more details of my duties that more or less match the NOC code now. I just sent a scan of this new letter to Ottawa via email. I still don't have the hard copy, but once I get it, I will mail the hard copy as well. I didn't ask anything and just sent the updated letter proactively.
Just make sure the new letter doesn't contradict the old one. Hope this helps.

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Hi Houra,

Thanks for the reply. I have done the same in my new reference letter from previous employer. But there is one more thing that is worrying me. In the first letter that I submitted with my application, the working hours is stated as 40 hours/week and in the new one it is 44 hours/week by mistake. I didn't notice it when I sent the letter. Do you think this is a major issue? It is a hassle for me to get another one from my employer. Any suggestions on how I could correct this issue?

Thanks
Amir

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
tarkan said:
Congrats. Is Medical the very last step of the Permanent residency application ? I am a newbie to this forum.
My application is still in process and I am waiting for the Medical. Have you guys seen anybody to be rejected
after medical exam ?
For my case, the answer is no. They requested PCC after the medical.

tarkan

Apr 30, 2013
TRT_Flynn said:
For my case, the answer is no. They requested PCC after the medical.
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any chance to be rejected after the medical exam on the grounds of eligibility ?

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
Mohazy said:
Hello Everybody,

I am sharing the rest of my timeline with you

MR received: May 30
Medicals done: June 4 (e-medical)
"Medicals received " status on ecas: June 11th

I have also received my CAIPS, so I can share with you some details

SL**** reviewed my application initially on May 6th, and he recommended accepting my application (based on the old experience letter, it also contained the word "assist")
The updated experience letter was attached to my file on May 14
The file was reviewed again by FA to render the final decision on May 30. I believe that he approved my application (I did not receive any emails from him/her)
Same day I was requested to pay RPRF
Following day, I received MR

So my PR journey took basically 11 months (lucky I know)

My advice: Submit complete application package, do not give them a chance to ask for extra documents
Also I would urge everyone to send updated proof of funds every 3 months or so (even thru email).
If you do that, the officer will have no reason to ask for 6 months history (coz you can not borrow the money every 3 months)
I sent 3 bank statements (without account history) : first one when I first submitted my application to CIO on August, second one when I added my spouse on February, Third one when I updated my experience letter.
They did not ask me to submit any additional POF
Another thing, Include PCCs in your initial application.

AGAIN, Do not give them a chance to request any documents coz it WILL delay the processing of your file. SEND EVERYTHING PROACTIVELY. do not give them a reason to delay the processing of your application

Thanks a lot guys for all the info. Wishing everyone best of luck
You also wish me luck in my future life :)

Mohazy

P.S Sorry for the bad English, it is 12:50 am now
So for the financial proof, do I have to show the bank statement or your proof of source of funding from your supervisor/ pay slips of yours and spouse will work? I am a newbie and am trying to complete the paper works.

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
For the financial proof, do I have to show the bank statement or your proof of funding from your supervisor/ pay slips of yours and spouse will work? I am a newbie and am trying to complete the paper works.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dfbb said:
Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
tarkan said:
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any chance to be rejected after the medical exam on the grounds of eligibility ?
Never been happened for this stream, I am not sure according the other streams.

Would you like to share your timeline? If yes, please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas status, and kind of work experience.

Good Luck!