+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
One more thing if you ever become a Immigration Officer please don't forget the sufferings that you had experienced and do not forget ppl like us ;)))))
LOL. That's what I was also thinking all along while people on this forum where getting their PRs.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
The status of my eCAS is still "In process" but the third line, "Medical results have been received", has now appeared. It has been there since Friday or Saturday last week (my medical results arrived to Ottawa via FedEx Monday last week).

Also, by looking at my GCMS notes I figured out that my certified check has been processed on March 5, 2012. Maybe the tracker-keepers can update this info for completeness of my record.

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi tahhiir, do you mean that you are planning to add TA/RA experience to your application that is currently processing, or is it for new application? If it is to supplement your current work experience, it's hard to say.
I am planning to add TA/RA experience to my application that was submitted last year May 2012. I am also submitting bank history which i didn't last time. What do you say is it a good idea to update it now.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
tahhiir said:
I am planning to add TA/RA experience to my application that was submitted last year May 2012. I am also submitting bank history which i didn't last time. What do you say is it a good idea to update it now.
E-mail is the quickest option for u since you don't have that much time. I think they probably already made their decision on ur file since u r May applicant. My suggestion send the letter and any other document you wish to send ASAP, if it is possible by today and then send the hard copy through mail tomorrow. Hope they have made a positive decision on ur file. Wish you all the very best.

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
E-mail is the quickest option for u since you don't have that much time. I think they probably already made their decision on ur file since u r May applicant. My suggestion send the letter and any other document you wish to send ASAP, if it is possible by today and then send the hard copy through mail tomorrow. Hope they have made a positive decision on ur file. Wish you all the very best.
Thanks buddy,

Is this the correct address?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
tahhiir said:
Thanks buddy,

Is this the correct address?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Ya thats right! e-mail...........OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I should strongly recommend everyone of this forum please spend at least 10 mints in the forum everyday before your application has been processed. It is already proved that this forum is providing very useful information and guided by the benevolent, kind and generous ppl like Asbereth, Tyrusx, N_O, S_Govind, kg.jadu, Sarsanbala, Anjuku, beh467 and lot of others whom I can't remember at this moment. Please keep following up,although sometimes its destructs us (with rejection news and critical issues) from our research and study, but its really sad to see the broken pplz around us just bcoz of their lack of information.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
I should strongly recommend everyone of this forum please spend at least 10 mints in the forum everyday before your application has been processed. It is already proved that this forum is providing very useful information and guided by the benevolent, kind and generous ppl like Asbereth, Tyrusx, N_O, S_Govind, kg.jadu, Sarsanbala, Anjuku, beh467 and lot of others whom I can't remember at this moment. Please keep following up,although sometimes its destructs us (with rejection news and critical issues) from our research and study, but its really sad to see the broken pplz around us just bcoz of their lack of information.
I totally agree! This forum is so helpful, the applicants share their stories faithfully. I believe that there will be no more rejection because of the reference letters, at least, if all the applicants keep reading those posts.
I wish I found this forum before my rejection!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kg.jadu said:
LOL. That's what I was also thinking all along while people on this forum where getting their PRs.
I would rather be one that based my decision(s) on the merits of the case and maintains a sense of procedural fairness (i.e treating all applicants evenly irrespective of their socio-economic background). I say this because we have seen some cases were deficient letters (lacking the key word assist: this was the case with ppb and I bet many more who are not part of this forum) were accepted and most that lacked this word were rejected. Where is the even-handedness is here??.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
I totally agree! This forum is so helpful, the applicants share their stories faithfully. I believe that there will be no more rejection because of the reference letters, at least, if all the applicants keep reading those posts.
I wish I found this forum before my rejection!
Very true !!. I was myself quite skeptical prior to joining this forum, but now see the benefit of a wealth of information on here. What I like is the healthy exchange of ideas/thoughts and information that benefits co-applicants like you and me. It's quite amazing that people are willing to allocate time away from their work to research information before assisting others. Ah well we are all upcoming researchers aren't we !!. Keep it going folks !

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
S_Govind said:
Very true !!. I was myself quite skeptical prior to joining this forum, but now see the benefit of a wealth of information on here. What I like is the healthy exchange of ideas/thoughts and information that benefits co-applicants like you and me. It's quite amazing that people are willing to allocate time away from their work to research information before assisting others. Ah well we are all upcoming researchers aren't we !!. Keep it going folks !
Agreed. I was also skeptical before I applied. But now, it has already helped me overcome NER, get OHIP, and many other things which has saved me lots of time and money. Keep up the great work people! And we'll do our part, too.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
kg.jadu said:
Agreed. I was also skeptical before I applied. But now, it has already helped me overcome NER, get OHIP, and many other things which has saved me lots of time and money. Keep up the great work people! And we'll do our part, too.
We all are very grateful to Asbereth who is still sharing his experience and giving informative advices with his best. Remember he is the only member (unfortunately) who is still with the forum even after getting his PR. I deeply understand all of us are very much involved in our professional life and don't get enough time to waste but I would earnestly request the successful applicants to visit the forum once in a while, at least once in a week (as long as possible). This would help the forum in many ways, such as whenever a successful applicant provide any suggestion (from his/her experience), then the in process applicants get some hope and can take the advise more confidently and reliably. So, please be with us with your convenient. Let's try to remember one thing, all of the helps we are getting today is becoming an archive of information for others (for tomorrow). Wish you all the very best with your application and for the rest of your life (for successful applicant).

Jun 20, 2013
Are there anyone could interpret one of criteria for international students who apply PR under PhD stream FSW: "did not get an award that requires you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills." I am in my second year of phd study and considering to apply for one of the award in my home country, which require me to return to my home country. Does that mean I cannot apply for PR under PhD stream?

Thank very much for your generosity to read and answer my question.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Joyce_confuser said:
Are there anyone could interpret one of criteria for international students who apply PR under PhD stream FSW: "did not get an award that requires you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills." I am in my second year of phd study and considering to apply for one of the award in my home country, which require me to return to my home country. Does that mean I cannot apply for PR under PhD stream?

Thank very much for your generosity to read and answer my question.
Yes, you are correct. If you happen to be a recipient of either a Government of Canada scholarship or any other fellowship from your home country that requires you to satisfy the terms of that scholarship, you are not eligible to apply as you do not meet the MI-4 criteria.