+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
I have one bad news and one good news.

1) Bad news is that my appeal has been rejected.
2) Good news is that they just accepted my updated RA letter from Canada , But they reject the RA letter from my university in Iran, because I did not update that letter. This means that my updated RA letter was ok and I rejeceted because I could not pass 67 points. So, I guess I need to update RA letter for my new application as well.

This is specially can be a good news for Aidina

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
hooman2012 said:

2) Good news is that they just accepted my updated RA letter from Canada , But they reject the RA letter from my university in Iran, because I did not update that letter. This means that my updated RA letter was ok and I rejeceted because I could not pass 67 points. So, I guess I need to update RA letter for my new application as well.

Sorry about that
Was your RA letter from Iran written based on NOC code? Did it mention assisting prof?
Did you receive points from RA letter(Iran) in your eligibility assessment before your appeal?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
hooman2012 said:

ummm, sorry for rejecting your appeal.
But how is your new application is going to pass 67, are you going to update the RA letter that you have from your home country.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooman2012 said:

Sorry for the rejection.
Does your RA letter from Canada include the assists in research activities?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Ok, Every one, The UPDATED research assistant from Canada INCLUDED the word "ASSIST"

But the RA from Iran did not include that and I did not updated.

And now I can pass 67 points because from last year until now I have another one year RA from Canada.
In my new application I claimed 2 years RA from Canada

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
hooman2012 said:
Ok, Every one, The UPDATED research assistant from Canada INCLUDED the word "ASSIST"

And now I can pass 67 points because from last year until now I have another one year RA from Canada.
Good luck; also get a similar letter from Iran so as to claim as many points as possible; this way even if they chop off points here and there you can still be safe. Do you need to get equivalency for your new application or it was sent before May 4?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
noc4012 said:
Good luck; also get a similar letter from Iran so as to claim as many points as possible; this way even if they chop off points here and there you can still be safe. Do you need to get equivalency for your new application or it was sent before May 4?
I have already sent my application before May . With similar letter just from Canada,
And I will even update this letter too.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:

That is really unfortunate. What kind of e-mail you received?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to theImmigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. While the additional documentation demonstrated that you had the equivalent of one year, but less than two years of full-time employment at the University of Ottawa, your letter of reference from the Iran University of Science and Technology listed duties which did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC 4012. Thus only 15 points could be awarded under Experience. No points could be awarded to you under Adaptability as you did not complete a program of study in Canada of two years’ duration, nor did you work full-time on a work permit. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have therefore not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:

So your letter from Iran just missed the word ASSIST, all was good?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to theImmigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. While the additional documentation demonstrated that you had the equivalent of one year, but less than two years of full-time employment at the University of Ottawa, your letter of reference from the Iran University of Science and Technology listed duties which did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC 4012. Thus only 15 points could be awarded under Experience. No points could be awarded to you under Adaptability as you did not complete a program of study in Canada of two years' duration, nor did you work full-time on a work permit. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have therefore not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Sincerely,
Thanks for your reply. Our case can be extremely helpful for other guys. Definitely, updated reference letters are accepted if sent before the date of their decision.

ak0512

Apr 25, 2013
hooman2012 said:

Pursuant to theImmigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. While the additional documentation demonstrated that you had the equivalent of one year, but less than two years of full-time employment at the University of Ottawa, your letter of reference from the Iran University of Science and Technology listed duties which did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC 4012. Thus only 15 points could be awarded under Experience. No points could be awarded to you under Adaptability as you did not complete a program of study in Canada of two years' duration, nor did you work full-time on a work permit. As you have not obtained 67 points, you have therefore not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Sincerely,
Was this letter from Ottawa or Sydney?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:

Sincerely,
Thank you for sharing your case, this proves without any doubts that any supplementary letter would be accepted if it was before making the decision.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Thanks for your reply. Our case can be extremely helpful for other guys. Definitely, updated reference letters are accepted if sent before the date of their decision.
Hopefully, you will get a positive decision as you pass the 67 points with your RA experience!