+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

unshans

Jan 30, 2013
please help

Hi guys
I have recently applied for FSW under PhD stream and wife is also in the application
I have got my PER on April 29th
So I think we are now eligible for OHIP and domestic tuition fees
The question is how can I show that my wife is also in the application?
If I email them would they respond to this inquiry ?
should I email Sydney or Ottawa?

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
My application is refused b/c of employment letter duties discription issue which I believe it is not relevant. I want to make an appeal. Can any one please let me know what is the deadline for me TO SUBMIT MY APPEAL LETTER? for eg. after I received the refusal letter do I have one month or 2 months within which I can submit the appeal letter? Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Re: please help

unshans said:
Hi guys
I have recently applied for FSW under PhD stream and wife is also in the application
I have been under OHIP since last year, and also local tuition fee. I heard that your PER email now no longer has your wife's name on it, so I'm not sure how some applicants here manage to get their wives covered under OHIP, but otherwise, you're right, you're eligible for OHIP once you're eligible to apply for PR (need not be eligible for PR itself, just eligible to apply for PR).

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Azeri said:
My application is refused b/c of employment letter duties discription issue which I believe it is not relevant. I want to make an appeal. Can any one please let me know what is the deadline for me TO SUBMIT MY APPEAL LETTER? for eg. after I received the refusal letter do I have one month or 2 months within which I can submit the appeal letter? Thanks
Where would you like to appeal? If you are going to appeal at Federal Court level, you have 16 days from the day you received the CIC decision.

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
sarsanballa said:
Where would you like to appeal? If you are going to appeal at Federal Court level, you have 16 days from the day you received the CIC decision.
My friend I did not mean to appeal to court, I want to submit a request to Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa; Ontario in order to re-evaluate my application. ::)

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Azeri said:
My friend I did not mean to appeal to court, I want to submit a request to Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa; Ontario in order to re-evaluate my application. ::)
Well, if they have already made their decision, they will stick to it, doesn't matter if you appeal or not. Believe me, it happened to me before, that's why I went even to the Court level to appeal.

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
sarsanballa said:
Well, if they have already made their decision, they will stick to it, doesn't matter if you appeal or now. Believe me, it happened to me before, that's why I went even to the Court level to appeal.
Well I received the refusal letter in my inbox 25 days back but just realized it, I know cases that people appealed and their case was re-openned now. If I realized that if they find the appeal letter is reasonable they will consider it. Please some one who might know the answer help me. I need some time to gather some documents before I can submit my appeal letter to Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa; Ontario. Does any one know if there is a specific deadline after which we can not submit appeal letter? Thanks alot

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Re: please help

unshans said:
Hi guys
Go to servicecanada, they will isue OHIP coverage for you. Also, they will give you appeal info. You need to write a latter explains that your wife is part of your application. The apeal office will send you a form to release your info about your application for PR. They will contact CIC directly, then send you a confirmation of OHIP eligibilty for your wife ad any dependent included in your application.
You take this letter back to servicecanada, then they will isue OHIP coverage for your wife.
This is what I have did. The whole process may take about 6-8 weeks.
Hope this help.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Can someone tell me based on the discussions about RA letter , the following letter is ok or not?
This is what I sent with my new application

Date:

TO: WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that ***** PhD student the ***** has been working at the Text Analysis and Machine Learning Laboratory, at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science – ****** since May 1, 2009 as a Research Assistant specialized in Machine Learning. His work is based on, average 20 hours per week.

He assists me, in research activities. His main duties and responsibilities are:

1. Conduct Literature reviews, surveys in the field of machine learning applied to signal processing.
2. Conduct Laboratory experiments for use in scholarly and academic publications.
3. Compile research results and participate in research presentations.
4. Assist professors in the analysis the results.
5. Preparation of journal articles or papers.

He has accumulated a total of 4080 hours of work experience with us and his earnings have been as follows:

May 1 2009 to December 31 2009: .
Jan 1 2010 to December 31 2010:
Jan 1 2011 to December 31 2011:
Jan 1 2012 to March 31 2012:

If you require more information, please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely yours

Dr.***** , FCAIAC, FECCAI, OCI
Distinguished University Professor
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Can someone tell me based on the discussions about RA letter , the following letter is ok or not?

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that ***** PhD student the ***** has been working at the Text Analysis and Machine Learning Laboratory, at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science – ****** since May 1, 2009 as a Research Assistant specialized in Machine Learning. His work is based on, average 20 hours per week.

He assists me, in research activities. His main duties and responsibilities are:

1. Conduct Literature reviews, surveys in the field of machine learning applied to signal processing.
2. Conduct Laboratory experiments for use in scholarly and academic publications.

He has accumulated a total of 4080 hours of work experience with us and his earnings have been as follows:

Sincerely yours

University of Ottawa
It looks perfect!

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
hooman2012 said:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sincerely yours

University of Ottawa
Hi Man
I personally think that letter is still a bit copy&paste from NOC, although admittedly it is different from word-to-word, but some expressions are the same, I actually found one case that was rejected, you can refer

http://visalawcanada.blogspot.ca/2012/04/skilled-worker-did-not-provide-specific.html

in this case, the applicant did list a lot duties which seem match NOC, but VO thought he copied& pasted part of them, you can read it carefully.

I think personally the best way is to slightly repharase your duties in your own words: e.g.
this sentence is exactly from NOC duties, of cource, you pick up some of the part. This is exactly what he did in the above failed case.

this is just my concern....It is nor necessarily to change your mind:)

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
It is indeed a great day for me as well (Just read GeoCanadian's post :)...Congratulations GeoCanadian!!! )........

I also received medical request and RPRF Request today :)...FINALLY!!

Just a recap of the document requests that I received over the last couple of months -

March 8th - Job Letter (I was missing total number of hours)
April 4th - POF and RCMP Criminal Record Check
May 10th - Medical and RPRF

Both the times they got back to me within 2 weeks.

Admin people please update my information as well..Would love to see me colored BLUE :)...And I hope and wish to see the rest of the people in our tracker as well in BLUE very soon !!

Thanks for this great forum !!!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
neuron said:
Hi Man
I personally think that letter is still a bit copy&paste from NOC, although admittedly it is different from word-to-word, but some expressions are the same, I actually found one case that was rejected, you can refer

http://visalawcanada.blogspot.ca/2012/04/skilled-worker-did-not-provide-specific.html

in this case, the applicant did list a lot duties which seem match NOC, but VO thought he copied& pasted part of them, you can read it carefully.

I think personally the best way is to slightly repharase your duties in your own words: e.g.
this sentence is exactly from NOC duties, of cource, you pick up some of the part. This is exactly what he did in the above failed case.

this is just my concern....It is nor necessarily to change your mind:)

For Copy and Paste I can not do anything, Because I have already sent the letter, I do not thing the copy and paste would be any problem. What do you think?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
N_O said:
Did you submit your PCC with the first application? As a result, they didn't send you a PCC request also?
I didn't submit a PCC with my application.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
JVJ said:
It is indeed a great day for me as well (Just read GeoCanadian's post :)...Congratulations GeoCanadian!!! )........

I also received medical request and RPRF Request today :)...FINALLY!!

Just a recap of the document requests that I received over the last couple of months -

March 8th - Job Letter (I was missing total number of hours)
April 4th - POF and RCMP Criminal Record Check
May 10th - Medical and RPRF

Both the times they got back to me within 2 weeks.

Admin people please update my information as well..Would love to see me colored BLUE :)...And I hope and wish to see the rest of the people in our tracker as well in BLUE very soon !!

Thanks for this great forum !!!
Congrats! It seems that Ottawa is productive today.