+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Luigiovemma said:
Hm...That's new. I haven't heard anything from them since I sent the inquiry on March 22, 2013. I sent another email last Friday, but still nothing so far. My ecas is still "Decision Made". This is really annoying that they just ignored my email...Although I didn't expect them to overturn their final decision...

Anyways, hope this is really a good news and keep us posted.

Why not? Why did you got rejected? And how did you appeal?

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
hooman2012 said:
Why not? Why did you got rejected? And how did you appeal?
Check my old posts. It's too much to rewrite the story:) Anyways good luck to your old&new application!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooman2012 said:
No, I am sure this is not new application because my new application just arrived there yesterday they did not even took the money.
But yes there is decision has been made line. But I asked those who got rejected, their status in NOT in process.
Also I have asked about this, I have been told that this is a list, that ye will add to this list. So far,
1) They started processing my application on April 8th,
2)The decision has been made (my rejection),
And my status WAS Decision made. But now it is changed to In process and I have been told that they will add to this list probably number 3. I asked multiple people who got rejected before me, their status is not In process,

AND I never recevied any email from ottawa yet.
This is definitely good news. Once your new application is in, you will have a new record in your ecas. That is, your previous record should still show "decision made" and the new one will show "in process". So, this means that in your case, this is about your first application definitely.
Congrats! Hope it goes through! :)

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Houra said:
This is definitely good news. Once your new application is in, you will have a new record in your ecas. That is, your previous record should still show "decision made" and the new one will show "in process". So, this means that in your case, this is about your first application definitely.
Congrats! Hope it goes through! :)
I hope so

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
hossein61 said:
I've done the medical exam last Friday.

Has anybody heard about the Emedical? Does it affect the processing time?
Theoretically it should reduce the time but I had a very bad experience and it seems that my file is lost some where. good luck with yours.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Just noticed that there is no visa granted for 2012 applicants from spreadsheet :( summer is coming...maybe another long silent period....

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Guys, if you're planning to apply under the new rule, it's probably better, since now, it looks like they will grant adaptability points for previous study, even if you have not completed your program. Compare

You completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary school in Canada. Full-time study means at least 15 hours of instruction per week, and you must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the school) during the period of full-time study in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
with

You, or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada. You must have done this after you were 17 years old and with a valid study permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp
Now, let us all hope they won't close the loop hole the same way they did on CEC with regards to RA/TA work experience.

EDIT: OP6C is out! Have a lot of new information about the new FSWP program. Full-time work now is defined as only 30 hours per week. It does look like that work experience gained with study permit can be used to even gain the 10 points for previous work in Canada! I'll read the manual a bit more to see if there is any mention like in CEC manual about work experience while doing full-time study.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hey Guys,
So, it has been a month since I first saw decision made in ECAS and still haven't heard from them, weird, eh?
I'm gonna try to use murphy's law on my favor, like Tyrusx did. I'm going to Mexico on Tuesday, hopefully I get passport request while I'm there.
Also, I requested CAIPS 10 days ago, so hopefully I get them while I'm in Mexico so I can understand what is going on.
I will keep you posted :)
RGB

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
Guys, if you're planning to apply under the new rule, it's probably better, since now, it looks like they will grant adaptability points for previous study, even if you have not completed your program. Compare

with

Now, let us all hope they won't close the loop hole the same way they did on CEC with regards to RA/TA work experience.

EDIT: OP6C is out! Have a lot of new information about the new FSWP program. Full-time work now is defined as only 30 hours per week. It does look like that work experience gained with study permit can be used to even gain the 10 points for previous work in Canada! I'll read the manual a bit more to see if there is any mention like in CEC manual about work experience while doing full-time study.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

This is impossible to just ignore RA/TA for PHD because:

1) If they just ignore RA/TA as work experience because they are at the same time of study,
This means that they need to close 4012 forever because you can not have TA without being student.
They did this for Canadian work experience.

2) If they want to close RA/TA because they are at the time of study, then
they have to close everything . many international students have work experineces
other than TA and RA but it was at the time of their study in their home countries.
Then they have to close those as well. Then PART TIME job does not make any sense
because most of the part time jobs are at the same time of study.

Then they have to close the PHD stream.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
rgb said:
Hey Guys,
So, it has been a month since I first saw decision made in ECAS and still haven't heard from them, weird, eh?
I'm gonna try to use murphy's law on my favor, like Tyrusx did. I'm going to Mexico on Tuesday, hopefully I get passport request while I'm there.
Also, I requested CAIPS 10 days ago, so hopefully I get them while I'm in Mexico so I can understand what is going on.
I will keep you posted :)
RGB
Hey rgb

Have a good trip. May the force (Murphy's Law's) be with you.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
ppb12 said:
it seems that my file is lost some where.
Another set of troubles at there end I suppose :eek:. Least of what we want.

Well I contacted them last week to inquire about the documents I sent them, first mail said your file number is incorrect, information cannot be found, second email said all is done on your end, an immigration officer will contact you, never said directly they updated the documents or not. Well I am assuming it. Don't know what goes on there.

Best of luck.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
rgb said:
haha Thank you, that was a good phrase :)
Another good thing about this forum. Nerdy jokes are actually understood and not judged upon.

Have a good one.