26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
I didn't get that! As they only originals required are the forms, PCC, attestation, Forms,and IELTS if it is the first time. All expect the IELTS should be originals in the second time, as they must be up to date. Every thing else is not required to be original in the checklist.
You're right. But they may mean that things like birth certificates and university degrees and transcripts, that must be translated and certified, would need not be anymore if you still have the copies. I'm not sure, but you're right, it's better to submit translated and certified versions of everything for these documents.

aidina said:
Yes, it is all about RA. Different projects which I have been attached to, all the journal papers and conference presentations for each project, and my duties for each of them (duties are more or less the same for all of projects, but I repeated them under each project title)
Ya, make sure your duties include similar duties as in NOC 4012 (since they accepted your TA before, it's probably fine to keep your TA duties the same as before), without looking like they're just copy-paste from the website. But make sure they are similar enough to the duties on the website (if not, the letter may confuse them too much). If you go into too much detail, to the point where the descriptions bear little resemblance to NOC 4012, then Ottawa officers would get confused too and would not make the connection. Luigiovemma's case was one such example.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
What is wrong with the new regulation? I think it is even better.
If you are under 35, have a Master's degree and more than 17 years of education, and maxed out IELTS scores (at least 8 on reading, and at least 7 on the rest), then you only need continuous one year of work experience to get 68 points (WITHOUT adaptability).

The problem is, if you didn't do that good on IELTS, and over 36, then you could technically get potentially get fewer points than before. And if you rely on work experience points to get above 67, it may be hard to do so right now, as even 7 years of experience would only give you 15 points (as opposed to 21 points like before).

One big problem with the new point system is: you will need your education assessed, so that's some extra expenses to spend (and time obviously).

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I agree it is unfair that they changed the quality level that they want for documents/letters. Like previously, they were not so picky. They used to accept letters easily. And now they changed their mind and refused many ppl since last year. This is unfair that they changed stuff so easy. Agreed. To be more fair, they should've added "provide all details of your work experience blah blah".

But, thinking about work experiences, would you accept the letters that ppl sent last year to them? Our letters (including mine) were so short, no details, and were not enough descriptive. A true, fair, well organized immigration system should not accept them.
I don't think the reason why they rejected applications was necessarily because the length of descriptions was too short.

I think it's just that they're not familiar enough with NOC 4012, since I'm assuming that the period within the last 15 months, they probably were receiving the highest number of applications that depended on NOC 4012 (and a lot of them depended on NOC 4012 alone), and they were having a hard time making the connection between the letters submitted by the applicants, and the descriptions for NOC 4012.

If the officer had a doctorate, or had gone through a PhD or a thesis-based Master's degree in Canada or elsewhere, it would be really easy to make the connections, and letters such as provided by sarsanballa, aidina (second one), hamed_hamed_hamed (second one), and Luigiovemma would pass assessment easily.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
The 1st time I got it in 30 days. The 2nd time in 20 days. Apply for it right away.
Believe or not, I ordered mine on March 26 and got them yesterday!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
If you are under 35, have a Master's degree and more than 17 years of education, and maxed out IELTS scores (at least 8 on reading, and at least 7 on the rest), then you only need continuous one year of work experience to get 68 points (WITHOUT adaptability).

The problem is, if you didn't do that good on IELTS, and over 36, then you could technically get potentially get fewer points than before. And if you rely on work experience points to get above 67, it may be hard to do so right now, as even 7 years of experience would only give you 15 points (as opposed to 21 points like before).

One big problem with the new point system is: you will need your education assessed, so that's some extra expenses to spend (and time obviously).
I can not do anything for now. I am doing my best, I order my IELTS on monday and I prepare every thing.
But, I am under 36, my IELTS is 7.5 7.5 7.5 7.5 , I have two years RA, and I am PhD in Computer Science, So my Masters degree will be considered as Masters and My brother just got his passport request (I may have 5 point adaptability) So, What is the problem?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
asbereth said:

I don't think the reason why they rejected applications was necessarily because the length of descriptions was too short.

I think it's just that they're not familiar enough with NOC 4012, since I'm assuming that the period within the last 15 months, they probably were receiving the highest number of applications that depended on NOC 4012 (and a lot of them depended on NOC 4012 alone), and they were having a hard time making the connection between the letters submitted by the applicants, and the descriptions for NOC 4012.

If the officer had a doctorate, or had gone through a PhD or a thesis-based Master's degree in Canada or elsewhere, it would be really easy to make the connections, and letters such as provided by sarsanballa, aidina (second one), hamed_hamed_hamed (second one), and Luigiovemma would pass assessment easily.

But what you expect is not possible in a system. You cannot expect them to put one expert for each NOC code. That's why it is a relative understanding of our work experiences. And that we cannot expect them to accept us only with a few words that fit into some categories. They need details even though the officers do not know anything about specific details that we write.
But it makes a better feeling in him/her.
I know this is not fair sometimes, but this is the way it works now.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
I can not do anything for now. I am doing my best, I order my IELTS on monday and I prepare every thing.
But, I am under 36, my IELTS is 7.5 7.5 7.5 7.5 , I have two years RA, and I am PhD in Computer Science, So my Masters degree will be considered as Masters and My brother just got his passport request (I may have 5 point adaptability) So, What is the problem?
Yes, you should be fine (even if you have to re-apply, which I don't think you will have to, let's hope so).

You will still need to have your Master's degree assessed though under the new system. And I heard that they will accept assessment only from recognized organizations, so we will have to wait until the announcement where you can have you degree assessed.

Again, let us all hope you'll just get medical rather than having to re-apply :)

With your IELTS score, you will get 23 out of 28 under the new point system, so without adaptability, you will have 67 points exactly if you only claim one year of continuous work experience.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
But what you expect is not possible in a system. You cannot expect them to put one expert for each NOC code. That's why it is a relative understanding of our work experiences. And that we cannot expect them to accept us only with a few words that fit into some categories. They need details even though the officers do not know anything about specific details that we write.
But it makes a better feeling in him/her.
I know this is not fair sometimes, but this is the way it works now.
I completely agree :)

I'm not saying that we can expect them to know the details of NOC 4012, especially since before PhD stream, I would assume that not a lot of people applied under this NOC alone.

I was just stating why I think there was a lot of rejections based on NOC 4012 job description issues.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
Yes, you should be fine (even if you have to re-apply, which I don't think you will have to, let's hope so).

You will still need to have your Master's degree assessed though under the new system. And I heard that they will accept assessment only from recognized organizations, so we will have to wait until the announcement where you can have you degree assessed.

Again, let us all hope you'll just get medical rather than having to re-apply :)

With your IELTS score, you will get 23 out of 28 under the new point system, so without adaptability, you will have 67 points exactly if you only claim one year of continuous work experience.

I'm not saying that we can expect them to know the details of NOC 4012, especially since before PhD stream, I would assume that not a lot of people applied under this NOC alone.

I was just stating why I think there was a lot of rejections based on NOC 4012 job description issues.

No, I got 23 for IELTS 23 for my Degree, 11 for 4 years RA part time (two years full time) + 12 for my age= 69

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
asbereth said:

Yeah, I think this is true. But it may also be a little because of us thinking this stream is built for all phds and we are all easily accepted. So we didn't take it serious enough. Anyway, just my thought.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
No, I got 23 for IELTS 23 for my Degree, 11 for 4 years RA part time (two years full time) + 12 for my age= 69
Ya, I said if you only claim 1 year. If you can get two years, then it would be 69.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yeah, I think this is true. But it may also be a little because of us thinking this stream is built for all phds and we are all easily accepted. So we didn't take it serious enough. Anyway, just my thought.
When they just started the stream, some people even thought that being a PhD student for two years alone would be enough to qualify (yes, without needing to get 67 points), but that's obviously not the case, as this is the Federal Skilled Worker class, and all other eligibility rules would apply as well.

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi guys,

I really hesitate to re-apply again for FSW under PhD stream. I have finished my PhD study and started full-time work as researcher in my area since August, 2012. Should i wait until August to apply under CEC?

If I re-apply again for FSW under PhD stream, will my application processing time be faster than the first application?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi guys,

I really hesitate to re-apply again for FSW under PhD stream. I have finished my PhD study and started full-time work as researcher in my area since August, 2012. Should i wait until August to apply under CEC?

If I re-apply again for FSW under PhD stream, will my application processing time be faster than the first application?
I do not now much about CEC, but you were just rejected because of your reference letter. Just prepare a better one, and re-apply. There should not be any problem. Do not worry. The reference letter you posted here was too brief and had no chance of success, believe me. In your new reference letter give a brief explanation of your project without going into detail (maybe in 1 or 2 sentence). Express the number of hours spent per week, the starting date of your employment, your duties as research assistant. Those duties must match the ones listed under the NOC code 4012. You must make sure that you also include the lead statement of the NOC code 4012 in a way in your new reference letter.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
I do not now much about CEC, but you were just rejected because of your reference letter. Just prepare a better one, and re-apply. There should not be any problem. Do not worry. The reference letter you posted here was too brief and had no chance of success, believe me. In your new reference letter give a brief explanation of your project without going into detail (maybe in 1 or 2 sentence). Express the number of hours spent per week, the starting date of your employment, your duties as research assistant. Those duties must match the ones listed under the NOC code 4012. You must make sure that you also include the lead statement of the NOC code 4012 in a way in your new reference letter.
The question is whether or not applying for CEC in September would be faster than applying under PhD stream right now. If I was him, I would now apply under FSW PhD stream (you would get an extra 5 points for adaptability, so only 1,950 continuous hours are required from the past 10 years), then, if no medical yet by September, apply again under CEC. But then again, I am paranoid, so not sure if this would be the best path.

CEC is super fast these days (and has always been) compared to FSW. Two of my friends applied under CEC last year after me (I gave them the template of my letters for RA/TA work experience, and they used it, even the wording was similar), and both have already LANDED! It does look like that CEC can be faster than FSW by 4 to 5 months (one of my friends applied on March 2012, and landed by November; the other one applied on May, and got his PR a month ago).

Now, if you have Canadian experience, all you need is just 1 year of work experience, and there is no need to have obtained a Canadian degree (RA/TA, unfortunately, is NO LONGER accepted for CEC)! So by September, you can claim up to 30 hours a week for your work as a researcher (you CANNOT claim more than 30 hours a week for CEC), and if you have 1,560 hours, then you're eligible.

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks a lot for your answers. i will think about that. Can you send me a copy of reference letter for your new application?

BTW, Do you have any ideas about the following question:
Will our re-application be treated as the completely new case? Will the processing time be shorter than the first application?

aidina said:

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
unb_wood said:
Hi guys,

I heard that PNP is quite fast and straight forward, did you check that out?

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Hi everyone. I am very new here and I wish I found this forum before I sent my application. Office in Sydney received my application yesterday, April 5, 2013. I sent one before (in December 2012) and in January 2013 they sent me documents back saying I need to send them birth certificate (I hope it was only thing that they were missing as they highlighted it on checklist). I updated all documents and sent them references with new dates. As many other people mentioned before, now I am very worried about my reference letters. I have two part time jobs here in Canada for almost two years and I have been also TA for three years (will enter the fourth one in next school year). I meet all other criteria but I am scared now that my reference letters are too basic. They all follow Immigration office format on checklist and answer all their questions. So I hope it will work out good. I also have a child born here in 2010, and I have around 10 years working experience in my country. My question is if is it only Canadian working experience that is counted or do they accept our previous continuous experience? I will update about my progress.