App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Do you guys see any point if I apply for my CAIPS for the second app. I just got my PER March 18. Is there any point to look at it so soon?

One more question. I live in Ontario. I'm eligible to apply for OHIP. Right?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Do you guys see any point if I apply for my CAIPS for the second app. I just got my PER March 18. Is there any point to look at it so soon?

One more question. I live in Ontario. I'm eligible to apply for OHIP. Right?
Yes you are eligible for OHIP and local tuition fees. You first get rejected, and then appeal and the rest of the story as posted several times in this thread...

I have the same question about CAIPS. Got PER on Feb 25th. Any value in ordering CAIPS? If so, what should I look for?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Houra said:
Yes you are eligible for OHIP and local tuition fees. You first get rejected, and then appeal and the rest of the story as posted several times in this thread...

I have the same question about CAIPS. Got PER on Feb 25th. Any value in ordering CAIPS? If so, what should I look for?
No value at all. Wait at least another 8 months. They have barely touched your application.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-03-26.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

They keep promissing, faster faster imigration. BUT IT ONLY GETS SLOWER:

Faster processing times for workers and families

Mississauga, ON, March 26, 2013 — As a result of actions taken by the government since 2008, the backlog of permanent resident applications has been reduced by about forty percent, paving the way for a faster and more effective immigration system in 2013 and beyond, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

"“Backlogs and delays prevent Canada from attracting the best and brightest from around the world and ensuring that our immigration system is contributing to economic growth and long-term prosperity,”" said Minister Kenney. "“For too long, we accepted far more applications than we could process each year. That led to backlogs increasing every year and processing times of eight to ten years in some cases, which discouraged talented, dynamic people from coming to Canada.”"

This has been accomplished, in part, by continuing to process a high number of applications from parents and grandparents in the Family Class while a temporary pause on new applications remains in effect until the end of the year. In addition, a pause was put in place on new Immigrant Investor applications and the oldest Federal Skilled Worker applications were eliminated while we continued to process record high levels of existing applications.

The government will continue to transform Canada’s immigration system to make it fast, flexible and more responsive to the labour market. The massive reduction in the backlog allows us to move toward a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada’s labour market needs, fast tracks their applications and gets them working in Canada in a period of months, instead of years. It also means that families will no longer have to wait close to a decade to be reunited with their loved ones.

"“We still have work to do, but by taking clear and decisive action to deal with backlogs, we will attain our goal of having a fast and flexible immigration system,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Newcomers will arrive with skills and talents that are in short supply in Canada and contribute to our economy. The immigration system must work for Canada, which is why we will continue to reduce backlogs and speed up the system, so that people spend less time waiting and more time participating fully in the Canadian economy.”"

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-03-26.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

They keep promissing, faster faster imigration. BUT IT ONLY GETS SLOWER:
Haha, you got to it before me. I saw it on twitter.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Haha, you got to it before me. I saw it on twitter.
It's unbelievable. They cancelled about 200 thousand applications and that was still not enough to eliminate the backlog all together. He should at least acknowledge that he has been promising too much and delivering nothing.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
TyrusX said:
Think we can expect something next week. Mine as on Feb 5. So your was 48 days ago. I just called the doctor to see when did they send my report to CIC. I think they may have taken more than usual.
Agree. I also think that curious2 should be getting passport request this week or the next one. Usually, the ask for passport request 2 months and a few days after medical. We'll see.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
Agree. I also think that curious2 should be getting passport request this week or the next one. Usually, the ask for passport request 2 months and a few days after medical. We'll see.
more like 3 or 4 months. Don't be too hopeful :) I myself am not waiting anything before June.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
Isn't it kind of strange that CPP-Ottawa would reject an applicant based on the fact that work experience does not match the NOC?!
I mean how did Sydney office accept it and consider that it matched the NOC and afterwards Ottawa office says it doesn't!!!

Any explanation guys?!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hany001 said:
Isn't it kind of strange that CPP-Ottawa would reject an applicant based on the fact that work experience does not match the NOC?!
I mean how did Sydney office accept it and consider that it matched the NOC and afterwards Ottawa office says it doesn't!!!

Any explanation guys?!
Sidney just checks if you have your docs completes and if you seem to qualify. Visa Office actually evaluates your application. It's that simple. Passing through PER is like being allowed in the classroom for a test, doesn't mean that you will get a A and pass the course.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
TyrusX said:
Sidney just checks if you have your docs completes and if you seem to qualify. Visa Office actually evaluates your application. It's that simple. Passing through PER is like being allowed in the classroom for a test, doesn't mean that you will get a A and pass the course.
Well, doesn't Sydney refuse applications because they don't comply with the NOC?
Isn't that kind of evaluating?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hany001 said:
Well, doesn't Sydney refuse applications because they don't comply with the NOC?
Yep. they will check your application is kind of alright. They will not however do the entire processing. So if one applications is very weak or very wrong, they will catch that and reject it.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hany001 said:
Yes, they are supposed to act that way, however, they sometimes do not and put people in trouble: they lose both time and money!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
According to kenney:
We've managed to reduce the overall immigration backlog from 1 million in 2011 to 616,000 now, & project it will be at 436,000 in 2015.
He should put a hold on applications for another year. 616 thousand people waiting! Just crazy.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Yep. they will check your application is kind of alright. They will not however do the entire processing. So if one applications is very weak or very wrong, they will catch that and reject it.
The irritating thing is, it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to assess work experience against lead statements and main duties of the claimed NOC, but it would save the applicants potentially more than a year in waiting (if rejected). I think Sydney should definitely be responsibility for work experience descriptions and all selection factor stuff, whereas the VOs can concentrate on more serious stuff such as background, criminality, security POF, and medical checks, and also verification of documents.

To save hassles, time and money, if work experience description is deemed 'incomplete', or 'not matching substantial number of NOC main duties', then Sydney should return the application completely, but once it got passed to VOs, all the VOs need to do is NOT to once again check the work experience description, but to verify whether the work experience is valid and not fraudulently obtained. I think this would make things much much more efficient, and would not hang thousands of people in balance for months and years with no apparent light at the end of the tunnel. By the time they get PER, they know they would know they would not get rejected due to work experience description bullcrap (if legitimately obtained).

As I said, this would add 5 minutes of an extra work per application for Sydney employees, so fine, we'll compensate them for these 5 minutes by paying an extra 10 bucks for our applications.

You all should vote for me to be the next immigration minister once you become Canadian citizens :D