+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
all these rejections on the employment letter are seriously worrying me. My employment letter from my supervisor is not pefect, so am preparing to send them another more detail letter. But I have a question whether the letter's letterhead must be the university's letterhead? Cause I could only provide the letter with our research centre's letterhead. Long story for short that my supervisor's main contract is on this provincial level research centre. He got a title from my university so he could recruit students, that's it, he doesn't get paid from there. And we all working in this research centre which is out of university. What should I do? Am I just being paranoid? Maybe it's fine to send them the same format of employment letter?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi Ace_2012, if you selected NOC for your home country experience as NOC 2133 ( 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers ), duties described in your employment letter clearly does not match with the ones mentioned under the NOC code. I would suggest you to reapply as soon as possible with fresh and detailed letters.

Ace_2012 said:
Thank you everyone. It is really annoying to see the rejection letter that just says: We are not satisfied!
I double checked my letters. My letter from my supervisor is not good enough. It just said that I was working on some project and what the lab does.
The letter from back home has this part:

At the beginning he was trained for a month and then sent to work in the maintenance unit of the factory as an electronics engineer. His responsibilities and duties at the factory were:(1) Repairing and maintenance of the electronic boards of existing machineries. (2) Renewal and upgrading the old machineries. (3) Commissioning and startup of new machineries.

I think it was probably too brief. I did not know that they can take one whole year to tell me that this letter is not good enough. Unfortunately they do not return the documents back and It takes a while to gather them all over again for reapply! This is really a pain!

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
indusvision said:
Hi Ace_2012, if you selected NOC for your home country experience as NOC 2133 ( 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers ), duties described in your employment letter clearly does not match with the ones mentioned under the NOC code. I would suggest you to reapply as soon as possible with fresh and detailed letters.
I think his job is for electrical engineering technitian NOC:2241

2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
The problem is these case officers have absolutely no clue what being a research assistant means. They are not trained properly for the PhD stream As a matter of fact, I feel like they have no idea what they are doing with this stream. My letters had been accepted but I was not a research assistant. I was a University instructor. It's really frustrating but hang in there guys, you will eventually get in.
I am applying yet again through the PNP this time. Be stubborn and never give up. It's a marathon not a race

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
utopie said:
The problem is these case officers have absolutely no clue what being a research assistant means. They are not trained properly for the PhD stream As a matter of fact, I feel like they have no idea what they are doing with this stream. My letters had been accepted but I was not a research assistant. I was a University instructor. It's really frustrating but hang in there guys, you will eventually get in.
I am applying yet again through the PNP this time. Be stubborn and never give up. It's a marathon not a race
LOL, you know what? A similar case happened in my first app. They counted my instructor-ship as a TAship, and added the hours as both being TAship.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob504.asp

Excessive Demand Cost Threshold

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
edwin83 said:
1. I need to submit the statements from Oct. 2012 to Mar. 2013. For the first three months my saving fell short of the required amount, around $3000 short. Does this matter?
You should be fine. My saving was down to 7k for a month or two during the 6-month activity I sent but it still worked out (I showed around 20k balance for the last three though). But I did explain in the cover letter the "bigger" chunks of money that came to my account (which were from uni, etc).

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Those who did their medical, how long does the whole thing take? I have an appointment around noon and some commitments in the afternoon, just wondering if I should re-schedule!

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
AF___ said:
Those who did their medical, how long does the whole thing take? I have an appointment around noon and some commitments in the afternoon, just wondering if I should re-schedule!
Hi Guys
I was wondering that for the initial evaluation at Sydney, it seems that they never tell people what wrong with them, e.g. job description, because I see many people got rejected very late!

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Hi guys, a update re update of our address. Although we updated it by ecas long time ago, it seems they don't use it... so the best way is to contact with them by email. I got reply late today and was informed that I can still use medical forms with old address on it and update the address by email. They did reply the email quickly and they seem work overtime :)

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
TRT_Flynn said:
Hi guys, a update re update of our address. Although we updated it by ecas long time ago, it seems they don't use it... so the best way is to contact with them by email. I got reply late today and was informed that I can still use medical forms with old address on it and update the address by email. They did reply the email quickly and they seem work overtime :)
I had the same problem. I updated my address months ago on ECAS and it didn't work. I got my medical forms with the old address. Which email address did you use?
I need to do the same that you did.
thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TRT_Flynn said:
Yes, they work 24 hours a day 7 days a week seemingly.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TRT_Flynn said:
Ya, they replied to my email about the wrong address I sent my stuff (missing 'Section B') in only a matter of hours, but when I asked clarification for which PCC I needed to send in response of their document request, it took them two weeks! It seems to me that when our question is general and basic, they would reply promptly, but when it comes to the processing of our application (appeal, clarification of certain things, etc), they would take forever.

AF___ said:
Well, I too have an appointment tomorrow at noon, so I can't tell, but my friend told me the whole thing took 2 - 3 hours. While the procedures themselves were short, the waiting times were long (this is Canada, we have to wait for everything :) )...

utopie said:
Good luck, utopie :) If I'm not mistaken, this will be the third time that you're applying for PR (and the third stream as well)? Remember the saying 'third time's the charm', so this time, it will definitely work :D

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
rgb said:
I had the same problem. I updated my address months ago on ECAS and it didn't work. I got my medical forms with the old address. Which email address did you use?
I need to do the same that you did.
thanks
Found in this page:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
asbereth said:
Ya, they replied to my email about the wrong address I sent my stuff (missing 'Section B') in only a matter of hours, but when I asked clarification for which PCC I needed to send in response of their document request, it took them two weeks! It seems to me that when our question is general and basic, they would reply promptly, but when it comes to the processing of our application (appeal, clarification of certain things, etc), they would take forever.

Well, I too have an appointment tomorrow at noon, so I can't tell, but my friend told me the whole thing took 2 - 3 hours. While the procedures themselves were short, the waiting times were long (this is Canada, we have to wait for everything :) )...

Good luck, utopie :) If I'm not mistaken, this will be the third time that you're applying for PR (and the third stream as well)? Remember the saying 'third time's the charm', so this time, it will definitely work :D
Hahaha yes third timer here! Maybe I can set a guinness record for the applicant who tried the most streams (CEC, PNP, PhD stream). Jokes aside I really hope this one works. Fingers crossed and thanks!