+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

unshans

Jan 30, 2013
I have question....

In Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled Worker form
question 4
"4. Are you currently working in Canada under a work permit?"

I am a PhD student working as RA/TA with study permit.

what should I answer to this?

Thanks
Unshans

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unshans said:
I have question....

question 4

Thanks

Unshans
No. You are not working under a work permit.

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Hi TyrusX,

I want my information to be included in the tracker and gave that here earlier. But I think may be you are busy which I completely understand. I also noticed there are other people as well who submitted their info but they are not in the tracker. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Thanks.

Here are my info again
Application reached CIO: 25th January 2013
CC cashed: 18th February 2013
PER Issued: 25th February 2013
No. of applicants : 02
Experience: RA only
Nationality: Bangladesh
Current ecas status: In process

Jubayer

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
Well, I got my CAIPS notes today and it seems we are waiting for more than nine months for police clearance from RCMP. This is so ridiculous I don't know what to say.
BTW, does anyone know if these due dates mentioned on the file mean anything or not?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Shomo said:
Well, I got my CAIPS notes today and it seems we are waiting for more than nine months for police clearance from RCMP. This is so ridiculous I don't know what to say.
BTW, does anyone know if these due dates mentioned on the file mean anything or not?
damn shomo. We can't really say those due dates are real or not. In my case due dates were all around today, that actually mark the first year since my PER. But i got medical 7 weeks ago.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
damn shomo. We can't really say those due dates are real or not. In my case due dates were all around today, that actually mark the first year since my PER. But i got medical 7 weeks ago.
I think it's probably still pretty likely that they would honor the due dates, especially if it's one year after PER. It doesn't mean much though. It just pretty much means you will likely hear something by then (could be either medical or some document request). Since Shomo already heard from Ottawa, I think they probably have different due dates now than just one year after PER.

Shomo said:
Well, I got my CAIPS notes today and it seems we are waiting for more than nine months for police clearance from RCMP. This is so ridiculous I don't know what to say. BTW, does anyone know if these due dates mentioned on the file mean anything or not?
I'm wondering though, maybe you can probably try to get for yourself RCMP police clearance, and send it immediately to them? Nine months for PCC seems to be a bit excessive...

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
You know, our due date for criminality check is mid-March. So maybe I'll wait to see what happens by then. If nothing happens, I am going to see an MP. I am not sure if RCMP does a better job if I apply for clearance certificate personally.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Shomo said:
You know, our due date for criminality check is mid-March. So maybe I'll wait to see what happens by then. If nothing happens, I am going to see an MP. I am not sure if RCMP does a better job if I apply for clearance certificate personally.
Hopefully you'll hear something by then.

If you apply for RCMP personally, they'll probably be able to give it to you in probably a more timely manner. Remember that CIC did not ask for fingerprinting and would rely only on your name and date of birth. I heard that if you happen to have the same name as someone with a criminal record, then it would take forever to request RCMP PCC.

Anyway, I'm wondering, in your CAIPS, did you already pass eligibility? And if so, at what date did you pass eligibility? And did you get awarded the same number of points as by CIO?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Shomo said:
Shomo, The MP will do nothing. There are thousands of people in the backlog. Some people from MI-1 are still waiting for medical after 3 years!
Join the group https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction if you haven't already.

Raad.Kourosh

Dec 27, 2012
I have a question...

If they ask me a bank statement, I have to provide it for the period of 6 months?
If yes, the average amount needs to be the required amount? (Lets say 12,000$). For example If I put 36,000$ for 2 months in the bank, the average for 6 months is 12,000$ ?! Is this OK?

Thanks in advance.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Raad.Kourosh said:
I have a question...

If they ask me a bank statement, I have to provide it for the period of 6 months?
If yes, the average amount needs to be the required amount? (Lets say 12,000$). For example If I put 36,000$ for 2 months in the bank, the average for 6 months is 12,000$ ?! Is this OK?

Thanks in advance.
Are you saying you have 72 thousand dollars? If you have you need not to worry about bank history. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by averaging your money in 6. This is not how to world work LOL.

Raad.Kourosh

Dec 27, 2012
TyrusX said:
Are you saying you have 72 thousand dollars? If you have you need not to worry about bank history. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by averaging your money in 6. This is not how to world work LOL.
:)

Two months ago I borrowed money to prepare bank statement, showing just the current amount and after that I returned the money and my balence became almost zero. But now I have about 10,000 which is for myself.
I was wondering if this is OK? or the average of balence during the 6 months have to be the required amount?

Thanks,

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Raad.Kourosh said:
:)

Two months ago I borrowed money to prepare bank statement, showing just the current amount and after that I returned the money and my balence became almost zero. But now I have about 10,000 which is for myself.
I was wondering if this is OK? or the average of balence during the 6 months have to be the required amount?

Thanks,
First. Borrowing money is not ok. It is good that you made that money back. However, you may still have a problem if they request your bank history. You should be fine as long as you have an explanation for what happened. But you should not try to cheat the system. The system will catch you .

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Aadhar Card is a national ID issued in India with all the info and Biometrics. If you have it, attach it else if planning to visit India, have it made. In the meantime, attach voter ID card, state domicile certificate.

Uwindsor2009 said:
If from India then we do not have any any national id.

In fact you can attach followings
1. driver license
2. Voter ID
3. Pan Card

But non these are coming under national id. In fact Canadian citizen does not have any national id

Hope SIN card is not coming under national id

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
unshans said:
I have question....

question 4

Thanks
Unshans
Well, since they specified if you're working under a "work permit" and you are not, then your answer would be "no". Your TA/RA is under the study permit.

You would say "yes" to this question if you worked with an off-campus work permit for example...