+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
As soon as the first several batches got rejected by OHIP due to exactly this reason, they started calling CIC and asked them to mail the PER, but they just would not do it. You can try again by asking the call center, but I really doubt they would do it. The best is to explain to them the situation. Also mention that you can get local tuition rates (if you were able to get it, which you should since you are in Ontario), which requires eligibility to apply for PR.
I just called. The agent said that the email is official and no other letter is given. He told me to contact sydney and ottawa and ask them for the letter, but said that he highly doubts that they will...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi people that got medical request (lamarck, dj2009,otacon,rgb,pass2012). Did you do your exam already? Can you guys share your experiences?

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
TyrusX said:
Hi people that got medical request (lamarck, dj2009,otacon,rgb,pass2012). Did you do your exam already? Can you guys share your experiences?
Dear TyrusX,
I am still waiting my medical request. I hope to get it soon as I do not see the point of paying the RPRF and waiting long for MR!
I will update you guys as soon as I receive my MR.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
TyrusX said:
I did my medicals and it was really nice. They told that they will send the report to CIC in 3 or 4 days.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
AST said:
I did my medicals and it was really nice. They told that they will send the report to CIC in 3 or 4 days.
How much was it, what kind of things the doctor asked you? Can you describe the exam?

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
TyrusX said:
Horaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I just received the medical email a couple of minutes ago. :D
Is there any difference between different places that I can go for medical test? I mean money-wise and speed wise.

lamarck

Nov 20, 2012
samira sokn said:
Congratulations. Did they ask for your CV before or not?
They did not ask for my CV but I am not sure if I had submitted it with my other documents when I applied for PR. Was it mandatory?

lamarck

Nov 20, 2012
TyrusX said:
I am going to have it in a few days. I will share my experience when i get it done ;)

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
TyrusX said:
Get the medical request on Jan 29 2012. Call local health centers the same day. There are two places in my city can take medical exam for immigration. I called both. One can arrange the exam on Feb. 5. The earliest available date for the other center was on Feb. 6. Thus, I booked the first one, at 2pm on Feb 5.

My husband and I arrived at 1:50pm. They checked our medical request forms (received from CIC by email) and passports first. Then, give us a form to fill. In fact, it is a questionnaire. The questions are like, do you have an allergy to some medicine, do you have any mental disease, kidney disease, heart disease, do you addict to alcohol, have you ever did any operation… Some words related to disease and health problem may not been familiar with. If you don’t have e-dictionary with you, then it is safe to answer no for all questions.

After the questionnaire, a nurse came and measured the weight and height and gave the vision test. We were allowed to wear glasses during the test. After that, we were asked to take the sample for urine test.

Then, after an hour wait, we saw the doctor. The doctor asked some questions at first. Most of them were the same as the questionnaire. Then, the doctor checked my eyes, ears, mouth, back and belly.

Finally, after another twenty minus wait, another nurse came in and took some blood for blood test. That’s really hurt for me. Then, we were asked to go to the front desk where we paid $200 (cash) for each person, that is $400 for all (my husband and I). They gave us a form and an address where to take X-ray. Before we leave, they told us all the exam results were fine besides blood test. We can call them after a week to check all the results.

We went to take the X-ray the same day. We submitted the form (got from the doctor) and paid $32 per person. After one and an half hours wait, we are asked to change clothes and take X-ray. The X-ray result would be sent to the doctor directly.

After one week, Feb 12, we called the health center. They hadn’t received all the result at that time. After another week, we called again. They said the results were sent out on Feb. 15 and everything was fine.

Remember to bring MR form, passport, cash and glasses if needed, drink much water. For us, the expense is $232 per person. Different places may have different expense. Before the exam, we only ask about the earliest available date and didn’t ask about the expense. For other people who plan to take medical exam, if the dates are almost the same, then don’t forget to compare the expense. Best wishes for everyone!

Morshed

Feb 26, 2013
PyramidCity said:
If you got an NER at CIC and then you argued with Sydney to get a PER later, you can find you local MP, talk to them, tell them your story, the unfairness and inconsistency of their decision. MP may be helpful, but not guaranteed. If we all go to the local MPs and make our voice heard, there still could be a chance.

The other thing is I was told that this adaptability thing never happened before when applications were processed by visa offices abroad. I am not sure if this only happens to PhD students or not.
Thank you for your help. but could you please give me more information about the MP. I put my application on May 2012. First it was aborad then it transferred to OttoPilot.

eliteqing

Nov 26, 2012
Hi, all,
One quick question, my application package is returned to me today, because my credit card is invalid (fraud). And I open the returned package, some files have red marks, do I need to print a new copy? Or they are still OK?
Thanks,

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eliteqing said:
Hi, all,
One quick question, my application package is returned to me today, because my credit card is invalid (fraud). And I open the returned package, some files have red marks, do I need to print a new copy? Or they are still OK?
Thanks,
I would say it's OK. Just put a cover letter and explain that you are resending, and the red marks are made by cic the previous time you sent it...

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
Morshed said:
Thank you for your help. but could you please give me more information about the MP. I put my application on May 2012. First it was aborad then it transferred to OttoPilot.
You can find you local MP here http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
samira sokn said:
Horaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I just received the medical email a couple of minutes ago. :D
Is there any difference between different places that I can go for medical test? I mean money-wise and speed wise.
Congrats!!
I am so glad to know that.