+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
The_Prince said:
That is very fast, I remember that u had ur application returned before due to CAP limits, do u have any other earlier application attempts ?
BTW, make sure that ur final balance in the statement is more than or AT LEAST equal to the required amount, otherwise u will 100% get rejected, and also avoid large deposits. Regarding the funds, they don't consider any documents other than the documents that prove that u do have that amount of money NOW. This is very serious
what if you have the money in the last three months , but you didnt have enough in the first three months of the six month bank statement?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
haithy said:
what if you have the money in the last three months , but you didnt have enough in the first three months of the six month bank statement?
What I know is that ur account history before the date u applied is not important, if this is not the case, I mean if they asked for the statement 6-month after u apply, then u need to explain that

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
The_Prince said:
That is very fast, I remember that u had ur application returned before due to CAP limits, do u have any other earlier application attempts ?
BTW, make sure that ur final balance in the statement is more than or AT LEAST equal to the required amount, otherwise u will 100% get rejected, and also avoid large deposits. Regarding the funds, they don't consider any documents other than the documents that prove that u do have that amount of money NOW. This is very serious
It actually was very fast and I did not expect them to contact me almost three weeks after I received my PER. I applied in December again after my application was returned due to the cap limit. Thanks for the info regarding the bank balance. I don't know what will happen re that, but the good news is that cic is processing applications very quickly so in the end our time is not wasted waiting.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
aidina said:
There will be no 5 points for your PhD studies in Canada. Do not count on it at all.
So if I apply after graduation from phd, will I get the whole points for education and that 5 points for adaptability?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
erfan1985 said:
So if I apply after graduation from phd, will I get the whole points for education and that 5 points for adaptability?
Are we eligible to apply after graduation? We are not PHD STUDENTS then, are we allowed to apply under PhD stream then?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
erfan1985 said:
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Are we eligible to apply after graduation? We are not PHD STUDENTS then, are we allowed to apply under PhD stream then?
Yes, for sure. Once you get your PhD, you can apply as a PhD graduate (note that you will need to submit different documentation as a proof), and you will get +5 points for the PhD degree if you don't have your MSc, and +5 for adaptability.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
erfan1985 said:
Yes, you can apply up to an year after graduating.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Yes, for sure. Once you get your PhD, you can apply as a PhD graduate (note that you will need to submit different documentation as a proof), and you will get +5 points for the PhD degree if you don't have your MSc, and +5 for adaptability.
Ok, thanks. 3 other question::
1- In that case, after graduation,Will I still apply with my undergrad work experience?
2- My work experience is 9 months working full time at one place and 8 months at another place. is it acceptable as a year full time work experience?
3- do u think the federal governmen will still have this category (Phd stream) 3-4 years from now?

steven30000

Apr 12, 2012
erfan1985 said:
Ok, thanks. 3 other question::
1- In that case, after graduation,Will I still apply with my undergrad work experience?
2- My work experience is 9 months working full time at one place and 8 months at another place. is it acceptable as a year full time work experience?
3- do u think the federal governmen will still have this category (Phd stream) 3-4 years from now?
1. You can apply with whatever qualifying experience you have in the past 10 years, including your RA/TA during your PhD study.
2. You need at least one year of CONTINUOUS work experience in order to be eligible for FSW. If there's no gap between these two jobs, it should be fine.
3. Who knows?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
steven30000 said:
1. You can apply with whatever qualifying experience you have in the past 10 years, including your RA/TA during your PhD study.
2. You need at least one year of CONTINUOUS work experience in order to be eligible for FSW. If there's no gap between these two jobs, it should be fine.
3. Who knows?
2. Yeah, though there was a member at this forum who got rejected because her/his employment reference letter for TA/RA experience had small gaps (summer breaks). It also matters what was the nature of work at these two places---if the occupation was different, it would be difficult to stitch such two employment periods. To be on the safe side, it'd be better to accumulate one year of work experience at one place.

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
I received an email (PER) from CIC on June 21 2012 and they said: "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

I would be grateful if someone can reflect on my concern:
I can see in the excel file which is prepared by people in this forum regarding the applications status that some people who even sent their application in May 2012 (later than me) have been contacted by immigration office for good. My concern is that at what order CIC processes the application files. I am getting worried as I was supposed to be contacted by now :(.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Azeri said:
I received an email (PER) from CIC on June 21 2012 and they said: "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

I can see in the excel file which is prepared by people in this forum regarding the applications status that some people who even sent their application in May 2012 (later than me) have been contacted by immigration office for good. My concern is that at what order CIC processes the application files. I am getting worried as I was supposed to be contacted by now :(.
Do not worry buddy. None of the March and 2nd half of Feb applicants have been contacted yet. It is unclear in what order they are working.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Azeri said:

You should actually not expect any contact until Later June. Anything that happens before that is luck.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Azeri said:

Do you mind providing your dates so that we can put it on the tracker as well?

Thanks.

morena34

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Has any of you whom got rejected by Ottawa based on not giving 5 points of adaptability ( Even though Sydney gave you 5 points) appealed at all? or even tried to argue with them?