+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
asbereth said:
Hmm, you can try personal message. I'm assuming using your country bank balance won't be an option, since that would actually be a better way to approach this rather than trying to tell them that you now have a job offer?
I'm confused now!! so you meant it's better to tell them I have a job offer? or not? and then i should forget about my home country bank statement?
Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hzebel said:
I'm confused now!! so you meant it's better to tell them I have a job offer? or not? and then i should forget about my home country bank statement?
I mean, it's better to give them what they want. In this case, in my opinion (which is not an expert's opinion), it's probably better to send them a bank statement from your country than to tell them you now have a job offer (since you didn't have a job offer at the time of application, then may or may not consider it). Can you get a bank statement from your country under your name, that can show you've had above 11,120 something for the last 6 months? If so, it's probably much better if you just show that (again, my opinion is not an expert's view, so I can't guarantee anything).

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
PyramidCity said:
Because we are on the same boat, I am quite concerned about your case. I just talked to my consultant about it and she suggested you should contact your local MP asap within the appeal time frame. Besides, if you have a lawyer, you should contact him to file an appeal. Obviously, the decision of the ineligibility of 5 adaptability points is unfair and a violation of their policy. What is even worse is they do not keep their policy consistent in that they awarded some ppl but not others under the same circumstances.
Thank you so much for your suggestion
By the way, what's the full name of "MP"

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
A.S.K said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have applied in 24th Nov. 2012, but I received an email from cic (23rd Jan 13) refusing my application because of the work experience letter. Unfortunate i didn't receive my application till today, Should they return back my file? what about the fees, are they refundable? I am very worried, plz reply to me?

thanks
Did u get this e-mail from Sydney or Ottawa?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
andy.fan said:
January 2012, submission
April, 18, 2012, got PER
January, 20, 2013, Ask for Proof of funds
February, 19, 2013, Rejection letter
:eek: :eek: :eek: totally unbelievable !!!
You got rejected for adaptability points after they requested proof of fund :mad:

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
hzebel said:
How can i find her?!!
I'm here! I sent them my job offer (assistant professor) along with a letter from HR and a letter giving facts/proofs showing that I have been economically established (exact words used in their operating manual and a suggestion of a lawyer friend) in Canada. I just sent it so I do not expect an answer for at least 1 week.
However I would advise you to send your bank statement. The job offer has probably less than 50% of working in my opinion.
I'll keep you posted

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
Hi

I sent my application on March 27th 2012.
My application fee was charged on April 3 by IMMIGRATION CANADA FSW SYDNEY, NS
I received an e-mail on April 13 2012 from them that they gave me an application number and they said :"Your application has been placed into processing. However, the letter(s) of employment you have supplied do not provide sufficient information to complete the selection assessment of your application. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the original employment letter(s) requested. If you do not supply the requested letters within 60 days, your application will be assessed with the information on file."

I sent them a new updated letter of employment on May 30 2012.
I received an email from them on June 21 2012 and they said: "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

Since then I am waiting.

I have provided TA and job experience from my home country Iran. Would you please add my info to the excel file and let me know if I can provide further info. I saw in the excel file that some people who even sent their application in May 2012 (later than me) have been contacted by immigration office for good. I am just wandering at what order they process the application files.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
For those who got PER letters, especially early applicants, do u have the following exact paragraph in your letters or it is different, especially the last colored sentence?

"Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination
of eligibility to be processed on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified
in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the
Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal
skilled worker will be made by a visa office
."

I think they have changed a little bit the letter wording in which they removed the word "FINAL" that I think it existed after the word positive before. In addition they added the last colored sentence.

They might have done that to avoid tuition fees reduction and OHIP headaches .... !

BTW, I asked today for tuition fees reduction into domestic but they told me that I have missed the deadline which was Feb. 1. They told me that I need to come and ask for that again before the coming semester, but I did not get a solid confirmation with this regard.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
utopie said:
I'm here! I sent them my job offer (assistant professor) along with a letter from HR and a letter giving facts/proofs showing that I have been economically established (exact words used in their operating manual and a suggestion of a lawyer friend) in Canada. I just sent it so I do not expect an answer for at least 1 week.
However I would advise you to send your bank statement. The job offer has probably less than 50% of working in my opinion.
I'll keep you posted
Also send your letters by email.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
The_Prince said:
For those who got PER letters, especially early applicants, do u have the following exact paragraph in your letters or it is different, especially the last colored sentence?

"Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination
of eligibility to be processed on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified
in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the
Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal
."

I think they have changed a little bit the letter wording in which they removed the word "FINAL" that I think it existed after the word positive before. In addition they added the last colored sentence.

They might have done that to avoid tuition fees reduction and OHIP headaches .... !

BTW, I asked today for tuition fees reduction into domestic but they told me that I have missed the deadline which was Feb. 1. They told me that I need to come and ask for that again before the coming semester, but I did not get a solid confirmation with this regard.
Have a look to "Ontario Operating fund Distribution Manual"

Go to the Appendix 5.1. hope it has also similar statements. Find the part as below

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as
a member of the live-in caregiver class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining
requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.
If applicable, all of your family members,
both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks. Even if your family members
abroad are not applying to join you in Canada at this time, they must pass medical and background
checks. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed
medical and background checks."

dayammrma

Nov 22, 2012
This is what I got back in April 17th 2012,
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

The_Prince said:

."

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
dayammrma said:
This is what I got back in April 17th 2012,
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.
ummmm, so now we are sure they changed the letter wording, for sure they did that for a purpose ! ::)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
The_Prince said:

."

It seems so, My letter has the final and doesn't have the last paragraph. However, I knew that the VISA office is what is really responsible for this eligibility.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
dj2009 said:
Hi all,

I received an email today from Ottawa asking me to pay the right of permanent residence fee while as they say "the admissibility review is still ongoing". I mean before they ask for medical exam! Is it normal? I am not at the visa stage yet!

Any thoughts or similar cases?

I have copied a part of the email below:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa."
I too got the same mail today....