+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.S.K said:
Can we appeal as they didn't mention this case on the website?

thanks
I emailed them about this and here's what they replied:

"Your application was assessed and it was determined that the application met ministerial instructions. It was placed into processing and refused as per letter sent on 09 Nov 2012; therefore, no refund will be issued.
For all applications submitted to our office on or after 01 July 2011, please be advised that applications and supporting documents are part of the permanent record for a client and must remain on file. The instruction guide (IMM7000) for Federal Skilled Workers directs applicants to make a photocopy of the application for their records.

The guide states: You must gather and submit to the CIO all the documents listed on the Document Checklist (IMM 5612). Documents from the checklist are only to be submitted once to the CIO. Do not submit documents that are not found on the checklist and do not send duplicates of your application or documentation.

Documentation submitted with your application will not be returned. You should obtain multiple originals of any documentation submitted with your application (such as reference letters, police certificates) so you are prepared if you need to submit a new application.

**In rare circumstances, our office will return certain ORIGINAL, irreplaceable documents. Original documents such as transcripts, language results, experience letters and police certificates are NOT returned. As well, certified/notarized copies are not returned **"

So, I believe we can't do anything more about it...

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Hi all,

I received an email today from Ottawa asking me to pay the right of permanent residence fee while as they say "the admissibility review is still ongoing". I mean before they ask for medical exam! Is it normal? I am not at the visa stage yet!

Any thoughts or similar cases?

I have copied a part of the email below:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa."

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
dj2009 said:
Hi all,

I received an email today from Ottawa asking me to pay the right of permanent residence fee while as they say "the admissibility review is still ongoing". I mean before they ask for medical exam! Is it normal? I am not at the visa stage yet!

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa."
This is certainly weird, but congratulations :) At least they say your money will be refunded if you got rejected, so just pay the fee and hope that your medical request will come soon :)

omaradib

Mar 31, 2009
Hi, I just submitted my application. It is disheartening to see so many rejects and no good news in many of the last posts.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
dj2009 said:
Hi all,

Yeah, it is strange. However, It happened to a number of my friends before.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
dj2009 said:
Hi all,

THis is very weird. I don't think I have heard of anything like this. Maybe we should see if quorax can give us a hand. But I think it is good news. Maybe they are short on money.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
THis is very weird. I don't think I have heard of anything like this. Maybe we should see if quorax can give us a hand. But I think it is good news. Maybe they are short on money.
LOL i like your final conclusion..i have to admit that was the first thing that came to my mind too when i read dj2009's post!

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dj2009 said:
Hi all,

What is the sender's email?

Make sure it's not scam.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
mehroonir said:
What is the sender's email?

Make sure it's not scam.
It is not scam. It is from OttPilot. They have asked to pay the fees online(cic website) and send/email them the receipt. I didn't copy the rest of the email for the sake of space.

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
andy.fan said:
:'(, I just received the rejection letter from CIC
The main problem is the follows
" I could not award any points for previous study in Canada has you have not completed a program of study in Canada as yet. As you have received only 62 points"

Before I received my PER, I also did not got the 5 points for adaptability. So I send an appeal letter and then got my PER.
But in the final assessment, I still did not got this 5 points. Can I send an appeal letter again?
Because we are on the same boat, I am quite concerned about your case. I just talked to my consultant about it and she suggested you should contact your local MP asap within the appeal time frame. Besides, if you have a lawyer, you should contact him to file an appeal. Obviously, the decision of the ineligibility of 5 adaptability points is unfair and a violation of their policy. What is even worse is they do not keep their policy consistent in that they awarded some ppl but not others under the same circumstances.

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
Hi all,
I've received a doc request from CIC and they asked for the account activity of past 6 months. I never had more than 5K in my account. any suggestion that I can do?
I will start my postdoc in May (i.e., i have a job offer)

Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
PyramidCity said:
Because we are on the same boat, I am quite concerned about your case. I just talked to my lawyer about it and she suggested you should contact your local MP asap within the appeal time frame. Besides, if you have a lawyer, you should contact him to file an appeal. Obviously, the decision of the ineligibility of 5 adaptability points is unfair and a violation of their policy. What is even worse is they do not keep their policy consistent in that they awarded some ppl but not others under the same circumstances.
Not only is it inconsistent from applicants to applicants, the fact that the same applicant received 5 points from Sydney AFTER appealing, but not from Ottawa, was ridiculous.

Imagine this, these applicants complained to Sydney that they didn't get the 5 points, then Sydney decided to give them the 5 points (not only that, any applicant that applied after April 2012 would probably be granted these 5 points by Sydney too), only later for the same applicant to be rejected for the exact same reason. So Sydney rejected these applications, then after they complained, they decided that the 5 points should be granted, so they forwarded the applications to Ottawa to reject them 6 months later, due to the exact same reason.

I don't see how that's fair at all. Granting positive eligibility review, which can only be achieved with these 5 points, only to reject it 6 months later, imagine what the applicants could have done in these 6 months! They could've re-applied, got PER and even medical request in these 6 months!

I'm really frustrated and upset beyond words now in the light of this discovery...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hzebel said:
I've received a doc request from CIC and they asked for the account activity of past 6 months. I never had more than 5K in my account. any suggestion that I can do?
I will start my postdoc in May (i.e., i have a job offer)
Hi, your situation is similar to utopie (regarding job offer), so asking her is probably not a bad idea. But you also asked if you could use bank statement from your home country, and I think it's fine (provided that you can show 6 months of activities, and balance above 11,120 for the entire 6 months).

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
asbereth said:
Hi, your situation is similar to utopie (regarding job offer), so asking her is probably not a bad idea. But you also asked if you could use bank statement from your home country, and I think it's fine (provided that you can show 6 months of activities, and balance above 11,120 for the entire 6 months).
How can i find her?!!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hzebel said:
How can i find her?!!
Hmm, you can try personal message. I'm assuming using your country bank balance won't be an option, since that would actually be a better way to approach this rather than trying to tell them that you now have a job offer?