+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

yuw25

Feb 19, 2013
Hi all. It seems that I am the 1st applicant in 2013 :)

Please add me into the tracker.

Application received: Jan. 11, 2013

CC encashed: Feb 08, 2013

PER Issued (CIO): Feb. 19, 2013

Nationality: China

No of persons on application: 2

Work experience: Only RA

To applicants from Quebec, I am from McGill and I am very concerned about the "intention to reside outside of Quebec" problem. Could you please share here if you find the solution to this problem? Thanks.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
ASG said:
Is any of you applying for Post Graduation Work Permit in the meantime?
My timeline is the same as yours, and I can't wait any longer, but I'd like to have a template of the letter for PGWP.

I know for sure that you don't need to have defended to get the VISA; you just need to have met all the degree requirements.
I think it'll depend on your university. I went to our graduate office and was told that they can only issue me the letter once I defend and submit my final version of thesis officially. I already had that done so it's not an issue for me. Submitted my PGWP application last month and still waiting...But I do heard that sometimes you can ask your supervisor to write a letter and confirm that you've finished all the requirement for your program.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
A.S.K said:
What about the case if they refuse the application, when are you getting the money back? and also the documents?

Thanks,
I got this from the CIC website:

If your application is:

incomplete or;
the allowable limit has been reached,

your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.

Phase: Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in this guide.

If your application does not qualify for processing you will be sent a letter that:

provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
aidina said:
I got this from the CIC website:

If your application is:

incomplete or;
the allowable limit has been reached,

your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.

Phase: Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in this guide.

If your application does not qualify for processing you will be sent a letter that:

provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
Thanks aidina, Do you understand from the eligibility review phase that no documents will be returned but the money will be refund?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
A.S.K said:
Thanks aidina, Do you understand from the eligibility review phase that no documents will be returned but the money will be refund?
Unfortunately yes, if you were told that you are not eligible for the stream.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luigiovemma said:
I think it'll depend on your university. I went to our graduate office and was told that they can only issue me the letter once I defend and submit my final version of thesis officially. I already had that done so it's not an issue for me. Submitted my PGWP application last month and still waiting...But I do heard that sometimes you can ask your supervisor to write a letter and confirm that you've finished all the requirement for your program.
Thanks for the info.
Would you mind giving a template of the letter provided by your grad office?
That way I can ask my supervisor to use this template.

It would really help!!!!

Thank you so much

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
aidina said:
Unfortunately yes, if you were told that you are not eligible for the stream.
I've received this email

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Does it mean I am not eligible?

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
:'(, I just received the rejection letter from CIC
The main problem is the follows
" I could not award any points for previous study in Canada has you have not completed a program of study in Canada as yet. As you have received only 62 points"

Before I received my PER, I also did not got the 5 points for adaptability. So I send an appeal letter and then got my PER.
But in the final assessment, I still did not got this 5 points. Can I send an appeal letter again?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
A.S.K said:
I've received this email

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Does it mean I am not eligible?
Yes. It means that you are entitled to receive a refund for the fee you paid. What was the reason for the refusal?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
andy.fan said:
" I could not award any points for previous study in Canada has you have not completed a program of study in Canada as yet. As you have received only 62 points"

Before I received my PER, I also did not got the 5 points for adaptability. So I send an appeal letter and then got my PER.
But in the final assessment, I still did not got this 5 points. Can I send an appeal letter again?
Those guys in Sydney do not do a good job. That is unfortunate, but you should not have been awarded those 5 points at the very early stage. I do not know what the point of the early assessment of the applications by Sydney is?

What is you timeline by the way? I really hope you are from the 2nd half of Feb.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy.fan said:

could u mind to share your timeline with us? thank u!

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
maytheflower said:
could u mind to share your timeline with us? thank u!
January 2012, submission
April, 18, 2012, got PER
January, 20, 2013, Ask for Proof of funds
February, 19, 2013, Rejection letter

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
andy.fan said:
January 2012, submission
April, 18, 2012, got PER
January, 20, 2013, Ask for Proof of funds
February, 19, 2013, Rejection letter
That is crazy. They first ask for the proof of fund (probably 6 month turnover) and then do the final assessment. You never predict their action!

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
aidina said:
Those guys in Sydney do not do a good job. That is unfortunate, but you should not have been awarded those 5 points at the very early stage. I do not know what the point of the early assessment of the applications by Sydney is?

What is you timeline by the way? I really hope you are from the 2nd half of Feb.
I think this is the final assessment.
I got my PER in April, 2012, after I send appeal letter to Sydney for the 5 points of 2 years' study in Canada.
But this time, the Ottawa Case Processing Pilot still did not give this 5 points

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
aidina said:
That is crazy. They first ask for the proof of fund (probably 6 month turnover) and then do the final assessment. You never predict their action!
They mainly asked for the Evidence of account activity for the past six months