+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Do you guys have any idea of what the following means in my refusal email:
The first two lines are due to my work experience. But I don't understand the the lines after.

"
Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

"
At first the officer states two subsections and then the decision made by himself.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aililia said:
At first the officer states two subsections and then the decision made by himself.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

By the second part, is he/she pointing to another issue in my application?
Do you know what the second part is / means ?
He referred to my reference letters for the first part, but he did not refer to anything for the second part. Isn't that second part just a final phrase that they put in all refusal emails?

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

By the second part, is he/she pointing to another issue in my application?
Do you know what the second part is / means ?
He referred to my reference letters for the first part, but he did not refer to anything for the second part. Isn't that second part just a final phrase that they put in all refusal emails?
This is a phrase they put in every refusal letter. If you looked at other refusal letters in the forum, you would find the very same phrase in all of them.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aililia said:
This is a phrase they put in every refusal letter. If you looked at other refusal letters in the forum, you would find the very same phrase in all of them.
Thank you aililia.
Two more questions about requesting CAIPS:
1. Which one to choose? Access to information act or privacy act?
2. The information you would like to receive: Electronic files or Physical files?

Which one is better? Electronic files or Physical files?

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
Just finished my medical exam. A new long wait for passport request :)

TyrusX said:
Congrats! Such a good news !

So far, an average of 130 day between medical request and passport request.
Min of 67 days for Karmen, max of 208 for phdapplicant.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
otacon said:
Just finished my medical exam. A new long wait for passport request :)
You are not in Canada right? It's Sunday night here ;P

hsn893

Apr 26, 2012
I notice some rows (26 , 12, 19) in tracker are missing. In addition I suggest adding a column to provide the reason for rejected applications.
Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hsn893 said:
I notice some rows (26 , 12, 19) in tracker are missing. In addition I suggest adding a column to provide the reason for rejected applications.
Thanks for your consideration in this matter.
No, they are not missing, they are hidden because those people never updated their status. I noticed you are number 26. No news for you?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Do you guys know the correct answer to these questions for requesting CAIPS?

1. Which one to choose? Access to information act or privacy act? I think the first right?
2. The information you would like to receive: Electronic files or Physical files?

Which one is better? Electronic files or Physical files? I think Physical is better because then I can see what officers wrote on my documents, right?

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
same here for my ecas.
I guess it is just system maintenance.

otacon said:
My ecas file is gone... :eek:
what happened?!!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Do you guys know the correct answer to these questions for requesting CAIPS?

1. Which one to choose? Access to information act or privacy act? I think the first right?

Which one is better? Electronic files or Physical files? I think Physical is better because then I can see what officers wrote on my documents, right?
Privacy act is free while the other one costs 5$ and basically both provide you with the same kind of information. Electronic files is faster (it includes all the information like notes by officer but you receive it as a pdf file not as a hard copy)

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
aidina said:
Privacy act is free. Electronic files is faster (it includes all the information like notes by officer but you receive it as a pdf file not as a hard copy)
Hi Aidina,

I applied for CAIPS, sometime last week. Do you know how long it takes them to respond?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
Privacy act is free while the other one costs 5$ and basically both provide you with the same kind of information. Electronic files is faster (it includes all the information like notes by officer but you receive it as a pdf file not as a hard copy)
Just apply under privacy act. I did that and it worked for me