+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Shabnam_m said:
I don't agree!
They asked us to provide the proof of money when we showed 20K in our accounts.
Shabnam, what reason did you give them? I think I will be asked for some explanation as well as my case is same as yours. If you have more money they bug you for explanation and if you have just enough, then again you have to justify yourself..This is ridiculous!!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Thanks. We have almost the same timeline.
I got the document request yesterday 17th, Jan 2013. They have asked for proof of funds and my Spouse's PCC. I have given 60 days to provide all these. Thank you.

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
Mukam said:
Shabnam, what reason did you give them? I think I will be asked for some explanation as well as my case is same as yours. If you have more money they bug you for explanation and if you have just enough, then again you have to justify yourself..This is ridiculous!!
I don't know what to tell them and what proof I should provide! We never borrowed money.
Each cent of these 20k was our own, earned from our salaries.
It seems like whatever you do, they need explanation!

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
Shabnam_m said:
I don't know what to tell them and what proof I should provide! We never borrowed money.
Each cent of these 20k was our own, earned from our salaries.
It seems like whatever you do, they need explanation!

get a account summary for the last 2-3 years. add an explanation on top of that... and send it back. thats it... more papers less trees :) they don't care!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
kaziahmmed said:
I got the document request yesterday 17th, Jan 2013. They have asked for proof of funds and my Spouse's PCC. I have given 60 days to provide all these. Thank you.
Look, I guess way to many times here, as we don't really know what the hell they want. I would say, Print every form of proof of fundings you have. Print T4s T4as, Print those pay slips, Print the bank history in your bank. HIGHLIGHT the payment part on each month. That is what I would do.

I'm a bit busy this weekend and I got some disturbing news. So I may need to be very short in my messages.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Look, I guess way to many times here, as we don't really know what the hell they want. I would say, Print every form of proof of fundings you have. Print T4s T4as, Print those pay slips, Print the bank history in your bank. HIGHLIGHT the payment part on each month. That is what I would do.

I'm a bit busy this weekend and I got some disturbing news. So I may need to be very short in my messages.
Thats ok Tyrux. Thanks for your suggestions.
Kazi

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi kaziahmmed, it's good that you received these requests in the sense that they must have thought that you passed the eligibility and selection factor review (meaning that Ottawa has given you enough points, since it looks like they're doing eligibility before sending any requests for any documents). Good luck with the rest of your application, and I'm sure everything will be fine.

It's crazy though that you already got document request from Ottawa, despite the fact that you applied in June. I'm not sure if it means that Ottawa is reviewing files at random (since we are told to believe that applications are processed in the order they were received).

TyrusX, I hope everything is okay with you, man.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
asbereth said:
Hi kaziahmmed, it's good that you received these requests in the sense that they must have thought that you passed the eligibility and selection factor review (meaning that Ottawa has given you enough points, since it looks like they're doing eligibility before sending any requests for any documents). Good luck with the rest of your application, and I'm sure everything will be fine.

It's crazy though that you already got document request from Ottawa, despite the fact that you applied in June. I'm not sure if it means that Ottawa is reviewing files at random (since we are told to believe that applications are processed in the order they were received).

yes, i thought they process applications based on the order in which they are received...seems not!!...just like utopie whose file got processed earlier...anyways we'll just have to wait and see...and tyrus, good luck with whatever you are going through now....hope everything is OK.. :)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:

Ty, hope everything is fine at your end.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Ty, hope everything is fine at your end.
Just problems with my supervisor that moved away, nothing related to the application.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:

May be they are randomly checking or may be when sydney office send to the visa office it could be disordered. I think this is also not necessary that everyone will receive the document request, it completely depends on the visa officer depending on how he is analyzing the documents. Moreover, different applicant has different situation. Noted that I also rejected first time when i have submitted my application on Nov, so they might already have my detail in their system so in that case it was easier to process to next step. Thanks for all of ur well wishes asbereth. Hope all of us eventually end up here with a smiley face :D.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
kaziahmmed said:
May be they are randomly checking or may be when sydney office send to the visa office it could be disordered. I think this is also not necessary that everyone will receive the document request, it completely depends on the visa officer depending on how he is analyzing the documents. Moreover, different applicant has different situation. Noted that I also rejected first time when i have submitted my application on Nov, so they might already have my detail in their system so in that case it was easier to process to next step. Thanks for all of ur well wishes asbereth. Hope all of us eventually end up here with a smiley face :D.
it may be the case that they do that by sampling instead that by default.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi guys,

DO you think I can argue like this way:

" First of all, my rejection is due to the lack of continuity of work experience. However, According to the note in:
Oversea Processing (OP), OP 6a - Federal Skilled Workers (version: 2012-03-22)
Section 7.3 Assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions (MI):
When assessing one year continuous work experience:
“Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable.”
My employment at University XXX ended in June, 2009, and my last working assignment ended on March 7, 2009. However, I received my offer from University YYY on March 6, 2009, which guaranteed my Teaching Assistantship from September, 2009. (I attach my offer letter from YYY as evidence.) In this case, I think the small break between my two employments is acceptable. Regarding to the summer break at the university XXX, since my position after summer is secured and foreseeable, it should also be regarded as acceptable.
With respect to the length of the breaks, School does not work as business unit. summer break is defined by school calender. No class in summer doesn't mean I am fired or leaving from my position. "

Thank you for all your suggestions in advance.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
cocosyr said:
That's indeed more disturbing news than your PR app rejection, isn't it?
Totally, I originally picked too of the more aloof persons I ever met as supervisor. Now I'm suffering the consequences. I wish I knew back when I applied that I was allowed a lot more flexibility in choosing supervisors.