CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
asbereth said:
MapleDream, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection, it was ridiculous. So far, we've had 3 people getting rejected by Ottawa, and all three of them were due to different reasons. I personally know another guy who was rejected precisely because of this reason (job description mismatch), also by Ottawa. Similarly, he didn't include his TA/RA experience, and he was among the early 2011 applicants.

And the fact that they awarded you the 5 previous study adaptability points also showed how inconsistent they have been. If Dani1982 had been awarded the 5 adaptability points (by Ottawa), then he wouldn't have been rejected. I believe MapleDream was the first one to get awarded these 5 points by Sydney (and that too, through appeal), and it is good to see that Ottawa decided to follow suit. Hopefully, they will maintain their consistency, and award these five points for all PhD applicants onwards.

On the light of this, what I think would be the case is, if Sydney gave you the 5 points, then most likely Ottawa would do the same as well. Not sure about January and February applicants that got PER without appealing for these 5 points (the points were not there on TyrusX's CAIPS notes for example, but websphereguy has them). April applications onwards, I believe, were automatically awarded these 5 points by Sydney, so I think they should be fine.

Hi polestar707, I don't think anybody that applied in Nov (or Dec) had received any replies from Sydney. It should take about 70 days for them to get PER, and the Christmas break obviously would only slow things down. Just be patient (easier said than done, but I don't know what else to tell you) :)
It is really amazing !!!! how inconsistent is that? under the same rule they do different things !!!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Dani1982 said:
It is really amazing !!!! how inconsistent is that? under the same rule they do different things !!!!
Simple, the rules are flawed and open to multiple interpretation, so it is up to each visa officer to decide. I bet you if they audited the place they would find that lots of the persons are unjustly rejected and many others unjustifiably accepted.

Dec 25, 2012
asbereth said:
Ya, but how do you convince them that you deserve the 5 points? They can easily say that you haven't finished any program in Canada, thus not eligible for the points, which was precisely what they told Dani1982 when he appealed. Or did you actually bring up anecdotes from this forum (such as MapleDream, websphereguy, etc)?

Hi Asbereth

Do you know how long it takes to be rejected if I dont get the 5 pts adaptability?
I am not sure yet if I take my chance and sent the documents now or just wait till May 4th
to be sure about the 5 pts. what do you think? I have 18 month work experience back in my country and
2 years RA documents.

Thanks for your support

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
yare dabestani said:
Hi Asbereth

Do you know how long it takes to be rejected if I dont get the 5 pts adaptability?
I am not sure yet if I take my chance and sent the documents now or just wait till May 4th
to be sure about the 5 pts. what do you think? I have 18 month work experience back in my country and
2 years RA documents.

Thanks for your support
Hi yare dabestani , as I always said, it's probably best not to risk it if you don't have 67 points without the 5 adaptability points. But if you have 2 years of RA/TA experience (which can translate to 1 year of full-time work experience), and 18 months outside of the country, then you shouldn't need these 5 points to qualify?

Dec 25, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi yare dabestani , as I always said, it's probably best not to risk it if you don't have 67 points without the 5 adaptability points. But if you have 2 years of RA/TA experience (which can translate to 1 year of full-time work experience), and 18 months outside of the country, then you shouldn't need these 5 points to qualify?

Well, the things is I would get the point as follows:
Education : 25
Language: 12 (Damn Celpip which I dont recommend that to anyone)
Work experience (15 if they dont consider the RA and 17 if they do. We are not sure if they take RA as work experience yet, are we?)

so totally that would be 62-64 and I do need the adaptability points.
If I wait till May 4th, I need to retake the Language test which cost me 295 $ (Bcuz I don't reach the threshold defined in the new regulation) and I probably need to pay for Educational Credential Assessment which possibly going to be like 500 $ (I am not sure)
Besides I lose 4 month.

So really I dont know what to do.

Thanks for your help

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
My CAIPS says:

Previous study in Canada: No Points: 0
Previous work in Canada: Yes Points: 5----------------> This is awarded for my TA/RA (47 hours a week as stated in my letter)

Previously completed a full time study of at least two years at a post secondary institution in Canada: No
Previously worked full time in Canada :pA-----------------> As I explained above.

Dec 25, 2012
aidina said:
My CAIPS says:

Previous study in Canada: No Points: 0
Previous work in Canada: Yes Points: 5----------------> This is awarded for my TA/RA (47 hours a week as stated in my letter)

Previously completed a full time study of at least two years at a post secondary institution in Canada: No
Previously worked full time in Canada :pA-----------------> As I explained above.

Hi Aidina

so you are saying that they gave you 5 adaptability pts as being TA/RA ?
If it is so, did they give you the points for the two years RA/TA work experience?

Tnx

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
yare dabestani said:
Hi Aidina

so you are saying that they gave you 5 adaptability pts as being TA/RA ?
If it is so, did they give you the points for the two years RA/TA work experience?

Tnx
Yes, apparently. I did not claim any other form of work experience rather than TA/RA. BTW, this assessment has been done by guys in Sydney. Who knows what Ottawa people are going to come up with.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
TyrusX said:
Yes. I send them an e-mail requesting them to add those 5 points to me and informing them that i have 3 years of RA in Canada that I can provide documentation for if necessary. I advise everyone to do the same if you didn't already.

We got very few people ( one or two) that applied after November. I wonder if people are not interested or since they have the forum with so much information they feel like they don't need to contribute or maybe are just afraid of sharing their data.
Nov 22. my package reached cic but nothing till today.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
On form schedule 3 "Economic Classes -FSW", especially question 7 and 8. I think they award the adaptability points based on your answers to these two questions. At least this is what I can interpret from my CAIPS.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
I checked the tracker and found so far all the applicants from Iran were asked to provide the bank statement.
No. My friend TJ is chinese and also had this request. I believe the request is for people that show just a little above the needed funding.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
On form schedule 3 "Economic Classes -FSW", especially question 7 and 8. I think they award the adaptability points based on your answers to these two questions. At least this is what I can interpret from my CAIPS.
I think you are right.
I received my CAIPS. Sydney has given 5 points of adaptability to me because of two years of full time study because I have answered to the question 7 on form schedule 3 "Economic Classes -FSW" as yes.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
No. My friend TJ is chinese and also had this request. I believe the request is for people that show just a little above the needed funding.
Ty, you should have your med request by this month.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
I think you are right.
I received my CAIPS. Sydney has given 5 points of adaptability to me because of two years of full time study because I have answered to the question 7 on form schedule 3 "Economic Classes -FSW" as yes.

One other thing, there is a note on my CAIPS made by an officer from Sydney stating that PA appears to meet MI4 minimum requirements. "Appears" here show that, I believe, they (i.e. Ottawa people) are lawfully permitted to change the initial decision made by Sydney guys if they think they were wrong in issuing PER.

BTW, question 7 on form schedule 3 clearly asks for a "completed" program.