31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Habib2012 said:
They received it 15 Oct, 2012. What do you think? is it gonna be sent back due to cap reach?
Probably yes. All we know tell now is that two applicants here who applied after mid September got there applications back because of the cap.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Habib2012 said:
I didn't understand that exactly. I just stamped it with university stamp and sent it. CIO received it on 15 Oct 2012

I'm sorry to tell you, but chances are they will return it again. Make sure you have the proper attestation letter for the next submission. It must look like an official document, it usually comes with special paper and has the logo of your university embossed on it, so you can feel elevated symbol or writing.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Habib2012 said:
They received it 15 Oct, 2012. What do you think? is it gonna be sent back due to cap reach?
Those two guys (aler123 and Feb2004), both got their applications back on Dec. 4, we have not heard any similar news since that date, many of us here who applied in October are still waiting, but we are not even 100% sure what we are waiting for :)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Habib2012 said:
Hello everyone
Please give me your opinions

I sent my application on Aug 2012 and after almost 3 months they sent my application back and said that it is incomplete because my attestation letter is not sealed. Then, I sealed my application and send it back but I haven't received any thing from them up until now. My question is that is it normal to take this long to get your file number? What should i do? How long usually take for people to get their file number these days?
I got my application twice. I sent it back in Nov. My attestation letter was not sealed/ stamped by the university stamp. Then I got the cic template completed by the grad studies and stamped by them and registrar stamped it by the univ stamp and put it in an envelope and stamped the envelope by the univ. stamp. I resent my app. package back and it reached them at the Nov. 22nd.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Met another phd student from my university who applied under the stream this year in Apr. But he send his app directly to India where he is from. He got his medical request about 2 and half mths ago and just got a request to send over his passport about a month ago and is waiting for its return.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
salam20 said:
I got my application twice. I sent it back in Nov. My attestation letter was not sealed/ stamped by the university stamp. Then I got the cic template completed by the grad studies and stamped by them and registrar stamped it by the univ stamp and put it in an envelope and stamped the envelope by the univ. stamp. I resent my app. package back and it reached them at the Nov. 22nd.
Is it necessary to send the attestation letter in a sealed envelop? Though my attestation letter have university seal/stam but it is not with in a envelop.
However I am expecting my application to be returned as it reached CIO, sydney on 26th OCT 2012.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
websphereguy said:
Met another phd student from my university who applied under the stream this year in Apr. But he send his app directly to India where he is from. He got his medical request about 2 and half mths ago and just got a request to send over his passport about a month ago and is waiting for its return.

How can one sent application directly to INDIA? First it should be sent to CIO, Sydney. Whatever wish your friend a good luck.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Uwindsor2009 said:
How can one sent application directly to INDIA? First it should be sent to CIO, Sydney. Whatever wish your friend a good luck.
He meant the guy selected New Delhi as his consulate. We suspect that sending the PR application to one's home country is much faster than sending to CPP-Otawa.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
TyrusX said:
He meant the guy selected New Delhi as his consulate. We suspect that sending the PR application to one's home country is much faster than sending to CPP-Otawa.
Thanks !!! I got it. Processing time at NEW DELHI may be faster than CPP-O

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Uwindsor2009 said:
Thanks !!! I got it. Processing time at NEW DELHI may be faster than CPP-O
that is certainly true...

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
Hi folks,

I have done RA for my professor in the past two years. I would like to submit his reference letter to support my working experience. I want to write this letter for him. According to your experience, what kind of information should I include in this letter? Is there any template of this type of reference? Is there any website which provides the template of reference letter?

And if I want to have a supporting letter from HR, Do I need to write a letter for them?

Thanks in advance for your sharing and experience.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
To all who have questions about sealed attestation letter/certified copies of the documents.

Guys, do not complicate your own life. Just do what the application guide asks you to do. The attestation letter does not need to be in a sealed envelope---it is not your transcript. And certify the photocopies only when you're asked to, for example, for the translated documents.

I submitted the attestation letter my Graduate Studies office had prepared, and did not certify the photocopies of my documents, and was just fine to get my PER. (Except I had to appeal the decision due to the adaptability points, but that's a whole different story.)

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
sallay said:
Hi folks,

I have done RA for my professor in the past two years. I would like to submit his reference letter to support my working experience. I want to write this letter for him. According to your experience, what kind of information should I include in this letter? Is there any template of this type of reference? Is there any website which provides the template of reference letter?

And if I want to have a supporting letter from HR, Do I need to write a letter for them?

your letter should contains following

1) Total work hours per week or term (This is imp)
2) Pay/Assistantship per term (Particularly for RA)
3) Key duties (Please verify the duties concern to RA, Hope noc Code 4011/4012)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
sallay said:
Hi folks,

Please see application guide under the work experience. It shows what the letter should include. It sounds good getting letters from HR, prof. and dept. I myself got from HR and attached copies of the contracts or appointments that I got from my supervisor or/and depart.