Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
abdo57 said:
Did you send translated documents?
If so, did you make the translation from the certified copy, or did you just send a certified copy along with the translated document?
Thanks...
I sent originals and translated certified/notarized copies of all the documents when possible. In this case I went the distance and requested new originals from my primary school and secondary school just to be as precise as possible. I also postponed my application in 4 weeks because my mom forgot to send me one of the original police certificates from Brazil and I didn't want to risk having my application returned because I sent only the translated version and it's attached copy.

mib26

Jun 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
I sent originals and translated certified/notarized copies of all the documents when possible. In this case I went the distance and requested new originals from my primary school and secondary school just to be as precise as possible. I also postponed my application in 4 weeks because my mom forgot to send me one of the original police certificates from Brazil and I didn't want to risk having my application returned because I sent only the translated version and it's attached copy.
Good move, cannot be too cautious :D
I like your way

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
hooman2012 said:
That can not be happened. I just took a look at document check list. It says that it should be SIGNED. It does not say anything about stamp or anything else.
May be they recently change it.

The letter must be:

. An official letter on university letterhead
. Signed by a recognized institution authority such as the registrar or Dean of Graduate Studies.

What is that? do they change this?
Apparently the requirements with regard to the letter of attestation have changed with time (or the officers' interpretation of these requirements). If you already got your PER and your application has been forwarded to the VO (which I believe is the case), I don't think you need to worry much about this since I believe the procedure in that case is to request any new/missing documents. However, if you are a new applicant and sending your documents to the CIO, then I would recommend you do your best to provide a letter with stamps and seals and even sealed envelope if possible based on what I have read in recent posts.

As to whether or not it is possible to send new or updated documents to the VO before they request so, I really don't know. I have posted the same question earlier but did not get a reply from anyone in this thread. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
abdo57 said:
Hey.. congratulations :)

I am from Egypt as well and I wanted to ask you what you did regarding the evidence of the total number of years of education? Did you manage to submit documents proving these years?

Another question, did you actually have to certify copies of documents such as the passport, etc?
I only went as far as sending copies of post-secondary education. This should be sufficient since you won't normally enter college unless you already graduated from secondary school. I did not need to translate them since I explicitly asked for English certificates. I believe a notarized copy is only required if the document you are providing is NOT in English. This also applies to the passport since I understand your passport will be in both Arabic and English. Therefore a photocopy will do.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi All,

Still there is no update about the cap reset for PhD stream. Website still shows 853 applications have been received as of 15 August 2012. Also, CIC call center has no further information too!

My friend will complete two years of PhD in December this year. Can he apply under PhD stream in January 2013? Do you think that they will still be accepting applications under PhD stream for the next year?

We tried to call CIC Call center, and they answered that, according to the CIC website, 853 applications have been received as of 15 August 2012. Call center agents do not have any further information.

From where can we check this information?

Thanks
Indus

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
today, Nov 19, I have sent my application package for the third time. At this time, I included the copies of all stamps and visas in my passport, table of points, letter asking for the adaptability points in details with the OP 6 page of description, and 6 months bank statements from back home as I do not have sufficient money in my bank in Canada. I have that won't make any troubles. Will it?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
TyrusX said:
Have any of you guys applied without including his pre-college transcripts, I mean primary and secondary/high school transcripts, and did get his PER letter ?

I got worried when I found you mentioning that as I haven't included any of that in my application package.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
The_Prince said:
Have any of you guys applied without including his pre-college transcripts, I mean primary and secondary/high school transcripts, and did get his PER letter ?

I got worried when I found you mentioning that as I haven't included any of that in my application package.
No, don't worry, there was not such requirement. Only post-secondary if I'm not wrong.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
TyrusX said:
No, don't worry, there was not such requirement. Only post-secondary if I'm not wrong.
I hope so. Thanks

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:

I did not provide any high shool documents. It doesn't matter.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
maytheflower said:
the checklist states:
Transcripts: transcripts for all successfully completed studies (diplomas, certificates, degrees), if available; (...)
You must include evidence of both the total number of years of education along with evidence that the
program(s) were completed.
so if you have them, you should add them to the list. Is evidence of the years studied and it will make your applications stronger. Remember, different countries have different amounts of education before university.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
I kinda agree particularly since you wouldn't be admitted to university should you not have your basic education. I suppose they'd confirm the number of years folks from your country should spend on the basic primary and secondary education from their embassy in your country.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
informer2000 said:
Apparently the requirements with regard to the letter of attestation have changed with time (or the officers' interpretation of these requirements). If you already got your PER and your application has been forwarded to the VO (which I believe is the case), I don't think you need to worry much about this since I believe the procedure in that case is to request any new/missing documents. However, if you are a new applicant and sending your documents to the CIO, then I would recommend you do your best to provide a letter with stamps and seals and even sealed envelope if possible based on what I have read in recent posts.

As to whether or not it is possible to send new or updated documents to the VO before they request so, I really don't know. I have posted the same question earlier but did not get a reply from anyone in this thread. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
Yes, the requirements has been changed. I have checked my Document list and the new document list and they are different. I old Document list there was not template for attestation letter. I just ask school to give me one letter and every thing have been mentioned on it. But in the new document check list I can see that there is a template for attestation letter. Probably they are picky about this new template.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
My status just changed to 'Decision made'. I hope it's a good news. :D

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
snow_walker said:
My status just changed to 'Decision made'. I hope it's a good news. :D
lol, your heart is beating now like BOOM, BOOM,...
After you got the result, may you please write for us your complete story please? That can be a good conclusion note for us.