+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
I really think what they mean by a sealed letter is not a stamped one but an embossed one (when you put the letter under pressure, there will be a raised pattern) like these: http://www.embossedprinting.com/embossed-printing-pics.html

I think so because all the people form my university are given letters with this kind of seal, without stamp and not in any envelope and still they have all got PERs.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Shomo said:
I really think what they mean by a sealed letter is not a stamped one but an embossed one (when you put the letter under pressure, there will be a raised pattern) like these: http://www.embossedprinting.com/embossed-printing-pics.html

I think so because all the people form my university are given letters with this kind of seal, without stamp and not in any envelope and still they have all got PERs.
Yes! Mine is like that as well.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Shomo said:

Maybe the folks who got the rejection and claim that it was due to no seal can copy and paste that email here to share with us so that we can see what it says word for word.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
maytheflower said:
Thanks.

I used my client ID (UCI), which was a 8 digital number shown on the study permit/work permit.
Thanks a lot. I will keep checking my status using that number.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shomo said:

Yes. I heard someone mentioned this, like watermark. The hidden picture in the paper, the same paper as the thesis printing paper with hidden university logo.

But for my letter, they used the common letter paper (I double checked the paper). And it worked.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
maytheflower said:
Yes. I heard someone mentioned this, like watermark. The hidden picture in the paper, the same paper as the thesis printing paper with hidden university logo.

But for my letter, they used the common letter paper (I double checked the paper). And it worked.

I have a question. When do they return the application if attestation letter has any problem? I already applied on Feb 2012 and there was not any stamp on my attestation letter but they just accepted it. I am getting worry. Is there a chance to reject my application because of that?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
1) May Be!! The CIC has something wrong with the assertion letter.
2) What I got today from a friend. The CIC is busy and loaded by too many applications, thus they try to send us back the application for any reason and/ or for no reason.
3) embossed logos, hidden logos under ultra Violette lamps, what else the cic ppl looking for are!!

I would recommend a group appeal (why the cic is returning the applications because of the assertion letters from the Canadian Univ.s)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
I have a question. When do they return the application if attestation letter has any problem? I already applied on Feb 2012 and there was not any stamp on my attestation letter but they just accepted it. I am getting worry. Is there a chance to reject my application because of that?
I don't think so, but everything is possible.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
I don't think so, but everything is possible.
I agree with TyrusX. For the earlier batches I don't think they will be picky. But then again, it is CIC, so anything is possible.

vikas.patel

Nov 5, 2012
salam20 said:
It is very serious. I got my application twice. Yesterday, I went to get that template (already stamped by Grad stud) I wanted to put it in an envelope and got the stamp on the envelope edge and I took the CIC reply with the highlighted statement. The employee mentioned that someone came with the same issue the day before. And she asked him to go to the registrar office as they have the Univ. stamp there. I went there and showed them the cic letter. They remembered they stamped it for the guy of the day before. I got it the template stamped by the univ. stamp at the registrar office and two more documents (confirmation of enrollment and regular letter from Grad Stud that mentions the two years of good academic standing) I got everything stamped and put in an envelope that show the Grad Stud logo and an additional stamp on the edge (back) of the envelope). It must be the university stamp not the grad stud stamp. I do not think that there is nothing else I can do with that letter. I am going to send my package for the third time this Monday.
Hey folks,

I also got rejection just due to the L of ATT. My file was reached at CIC on Sep 13-12. Now, I am going to submit again by today or tommorow. My question is, do they consider my file from Sep 13 or it just start from beginng? It's really frustrating guys:))) your help is really appriciated

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
websphereguy said:
I agree with TyrusX. For the earlier batches I don't think they will be picky. But then again, it is CIC, so anything is possible.

That can not be happened. I just took a look at document check list. It says that it should be SIGNED. It does not say anything about stamp or anything else.
May be they recently change it.

The letter must be:

. An official letter on university letterhead
. Signed by a recognized institution authority such as the registrar or Dean of Graduate Studies.

What is that? do they change this?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooman2012 said:
Don't worry. I believe at this stage if there is any problem with documents format, they will go 'documents request'.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a trick in this document. In the PDF version, there is a sentence on the bottom 'should be stamped by a university seal'. However, when you print it out, that sentence will not be displayed.

Be careful with this.

hooman2012 said:
That can not be happened. I just took a look at document check list. It says that it should be SIGNED. It does not say anything about stamp or anything else.
May be they recently change it.

The letter must be:

. An official letter on university letterhead
. Signed by a recognized institution authority such as the registrar or Dean of Graduate Studies.

What is that? do they change this?

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
start from the beginning again, I am afraid. The same situation as you, I am frustrating. But will send new application soon

vikas.patel said:
Hey folks,

I also got rejection just due to the L of ATT. My file was reached at CIC on Sep 13-12. Now, I am going to submit again by today or tommorow. My question is, do they consider my file from Sep 13 or it just start from beginng? It's really frustrating guys:))) your help is really appriciated