+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
TyrusX said:
Can you tell us if you put your letter on an sealed envelope? How did your original letter looked like? Did it have your university emblem on it? Was it on a special professional looking paper? Was the wording right? Let's try to understand what is going wrong.
Every word was based on template. No the problem was they didn't put on an sealed envelope just stamped on it. except seal every thing was fine. CIC sent same highlight note as another guy in this forum.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
xhiddenx said:
Every word was based on template. No the problem was they didn't put on an sealed envelope just stamped on it. except seal every thing was fine. CIC sent same highlight note as another guy in this forum.
It seems that the CIO is more strict now. I believe early applicants did not face these problems and their applications were forwarded to the VO. In the early days there was no strict requirement about the letter having a stamp or being in a sealed envelope and there was no template at all. Later on they introduced a template and stated that the letter should be sealed/stamped. And now it appears they even want the letter to be in a sealed envelope!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
informer2000 said:
It seems that the CIO is more strict now. I believe early applicants did not face these problems and their applications were forwarded to the VO. In the early days there was no strict requirement about the letter having a stamp or being in a sealed envelope and there was no template at all. Later on they introduced a template and stated that the letter should be sealed/stamped. And now it appears they even want the letter to be in a sealed envelope!
That is the thing. There is not obvious reference to an envelope anywhere in the checklist/instructions. The wording of the letter of attestation has not actually changed at all. they just added a template as an link on the checklist. I just checked and my letter of attestation is pretty much what was written on the template.

mik11

Jul 22, 2012
TyrusX said:
That is the thing. There is not obvious reference to an envelope anywhere in the checklist/instructions. The wording of the letter of attestation has not actually changed at all. they just added a template as an link on the checklist. I just checked and my letter of attestation is pretty much what was written on the template.
I know, Is there anyone one from McMaster University, They don't stamp a letter. I don't know what to do if they return my application :(

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
xhiddenx said:
omg~~this is serious!! I've sent my application on 10th August and got returned in late Oct cause my letter of attestation doesn't have a university stamp. I've just resend my application to CIC with a new letter attestation with a stamp but it's not in a sealed envelope. I don't want my application to be returned again. Could the newly cashed applicants like maytheflower and northyorkca to advise whether your letter of attestation is in a sealed envelope or not. Thanks you guys, your response will be really appreciated.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
starrysky said:
omg~~this is serious!! I've sent my application on 10th August and got returned in late Oct cause my letter of attestation doesn't have a university stamp. I've just resend my application to CIC with a new letter attestation with a stamp but it's not in a sealed envelope. I don't want my application to be returned again. Could the newly cashed applicants like maytheflower and northyorkca to advise whether your letter of attestation is in a sealed envelope or not. Thanks you guys, your response will be really appreciated.
I just received an email a few days ago stating that my BD was encashed on 2nd November. I haven't received a PER yet. But to clarify my letter was stamped but not sealed in an envelope. Hope that's not a problem.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
zedd4x said:
I just received an email a few days ago stating that my BD was encashed on 2nd November. I haven't received a PER yet. But to clarify my letter was stamped but not sealed in an envelope. Hope that's not a problem.
That's great! thanks for ur reply. plz keep us updated....

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
It is very serious. I got my application twice. Yesterday, I went to get that template (already stamped by Grad stud) I wanted to put it in an envelope and got the stamp on the envelope edge and I took the CIC reply with the highlighted statement. The employee mentioned that someone came with the same issue the day before. And she asked him to go to the registrar office as they have the Univ. stamp there. I went there and showed them the cic letter. They remembered they stamped it for the guy of the day before. I got it the template stamped by the univ. stamp at the registrar office and two more documents (confirmation of enrollment and regular letter from Grad Stud that mentions the two years of good academic standing) I got everything stamped and put in an envelope that show the Grad Stud logo and an additional stamp on the edge (back) of the envelope). It must be the university stamp not the grad stud stamp. I do not think that there is nothing else I can do with that letter. I am going to send my package for the third time this Monday.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
It seems that applicants that send apps in 2011 are now beginning to see their fianlly approve. However, we haven't heard much from the Jan onwards to even Feb where of course TyrusX is in. Which kinda worries me. Well, hopefully they'll get to it soon. It be nice to hear from one of u guys saying you received the request for medical already. Then we know for sure that there real traction i this stream. Cause hearing only about those from 2011 isn't safe to say that they are moving.Perhaps they are finishing what they started bfor they lift their fingers on the later applicants. Who knows - only time will tell.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

It seems that things are moving forward at least for the 2011 people...

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on a very specific situation:
my family of 2 will become a family of 3 in December (yay!!!!!). I already notified Ottawa about this, but I know I'll likely have to send
documents such as birth certificates etc to Ottawa later on. Thing is, when I ask them to let me know if they had received the information regarding the due date, they told me that I had nothing to do administratively speaking, and that my application was "in process", which I already knew...

I suppose they will ask me for another account of my financial situation after we have our baby. I was wondering, in this case, if they'd be more likely to ask for a bank statement or the bank history of the months prior to the birth. I'm asking because it turns out that my partner, the "accompanying spouse" on my application, lost his job in September. He's entitled
to employment benefits because prior to that he had worked full time for a long time, but I'm afraid that if they notice that the monthly payments he gets are employment benefits, my application will be rejected.
We do have enough money for 3 people, but with a bank history, they'd definitely notice that money is not coming in as it used to, that it's less and less regular.

Another option would be for my partner to get off employment benefits when we have the baby to switch to child care benefits (and have him be a stay home dad).
Could anyone advise me on what might be the better option here? He's obviously looking actively for a job, but it seems that the winter season started and there's not a lot of options out there for him.

In addition, would adding a family member delay the application? Because I really wonder if I should apply for a post graduate VISA...If I get news by January, it should be okay, but if not, I'll definitely have to, because I defend my thesis in April 2013.

If someone kindly replies to this, please don't quote my post, as I will likely delete it afterwards...

Thanks guys!!!!! ;)

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starrysky said:
My attestation letter was with a stamp of 'Register Office'. It was NOT sealed in the envelop.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW, I am still waiting for the PER email. However, when I checked my CIC status yesterday, I found my application was filed and status was 'In Progress' yet. It was the first time I saw my on-line status. Any comments regarding this?

The application will be forwarded to Ottawa visa office after PER, right? How long will it take? And how can I know whether my application packages arrive at Ottawa or not?

Sydney >> Ottawa 1660 Km, they really want to make easy things difficult!!!!!!!

Thanks,

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
maytheflower said:
BTW, I am still waiting for the PER email. However, when I checked my CIC status yesterday, I found my application was filed and status was 'In Progress' yet. It was the first time I saw my on-line status. Any comments regarding this?

The application will be forwarded to Ottawa visa office after PER, right? How long will it take? And how can I know whether my application packages arrive at Ottawa or not?

Sydney >> Ottawa 1660 Km, they really want to make easy things difficult!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Hope you get your PER e-mail soon, but what ID no. did u use to check your application status? Did they send you any ID no. before ?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
It seems that applicants that send apps in 2011 are now beginning to see their fianlly approve. However, we haven't heard much from the Jan onwards to even Feb where of course TyrusX is in. Which kinda worries me. Well, hopefully they'll get to it soon. It be nice to hear from one of u guys saying you received the request for medical already. Then we know for sure that there real traction i this stream. Cause hearing only about those from 2011 isn't safe to say that they are moving.Perhaps they are finishing what they started bfor they lift their fingers on the later applicants. Who knows - only time will tell.
I requested my CAIPS last friday. It will take 30 days for them to process and send it back to me. Let see if we can learn something from that. I also contacted every jan applicant in private and no one has gotten anything yet too.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
Hope you get your PER e-mail soon, but what ID no. did u use to check your application status? Did they send you any ID no. before ?
Thanks.

I used my client ID (UCI), which was a 8 digital number shown on the study permit/work permit.