+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
MSE said:
Thank you guys. I neither have driver's licence nor provincial ID. I called service Ontario only to know that it takes about 4-6 weeks to get provincial photo ID.

Is there anyone in this forum who used Canadian SIN card? or even got PER without submitting National Identity Document?
If you are inquiring about the national ID in order to add it to your application for the PhD stream, then you do not need to write it, i guess. You may only write your passport number in the next question, i guess.

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
EH2010 said:
Hi aelatar,

I do really appreciate sharing your "OHIP" fighting process and I am glad you finally got it. Would you please let us know if your university change your international status to domestic after getting your PER ? If not, did you try again (to waive your tuition fee) after getting your OHIP ?
Thaks and good luck :)
It is my pleasure. Actually, I didn't do anything regarding the tuition reduction. I should start a new fight then. I will let you know.

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
samira sokn said:
congratulation, I am wondering how you first applied for OHIP? I went to service ontario center 3 times and they just kept saying they need the hard copy from immigration office. So I can not even apply for it the reception person always sent me back home with a rude manner that you have to wait for an official letter. I would thank you if you describe the complete process. Which center did you go?
I explained all the steps I went through in a previous post. You just take all the documents needed for OHIP including the PER email. When they reject you, ask for the eligibility assessment form that explain the reasons for rejection. It is your right to take this form so that you can appeal against the decision.

Jude_1

Jul 28, 2012
salam20 said:
If you are inquiring about the national ID in order to add it to your application for the PhD stream, then you do not need to write it, i guess. You may only write your passport number in the next question, i guess.
Hi, salam20, any news from you? Mine was still not charged.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Jude_1 said:
It seems to me that they screwed up by closing so many VO at once. Ottawa seems to be totally overloaded with applications.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
It seems to me that they screwed up by closing so many VO at once. Ottawa seems to be totally overloaded with applications.
Really disappointed with the processing speed. I guess that it will be longer than 1 year. Hopefully not 2 yrs.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Jude_1 said:
Nothing, since it reached the CPP-O at July 3rd. I will be worried after 60 days if nothing happened.

zeca

Aug 15, 2012
Hi All,

thanks for the information above.

My application arrived in the Sydney office on July 9th. Thus far, nothing.

Best.

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
My Police clearance certificate is now ready 5 months after application. I'm not sure If I should send it to the visa office now, or I should wait until I hear from the visa office. By the way, In the former case, I do not know where I should send the document. Ottawa?

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Hi all,

I have a question for you. I can apply for both FSW-PhD stream and Ontario Provincial Nominee-PhD (Ontario PNP-PhD) stream. I am considering which one to apply. How long does it take for the FSW-PhD stream applicant to get their immigration visa? Should I apply both?

I am really worried that the FSW-PhD cap limit has reached. If I apply both FSW and PNP, I do not know how the Ontario PNP-PhD programme officers will think of my application, as they may feel that I do not wholeheartedly intend to live in Ontario. Intention to live in Ontario is one of their selection requirement, and I do not know if I am worrying too much.

Thank you for your advice.

Specialmary

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
specialmary said:
Hi all,

I have a question for you. I can apply for both FSW-PhD stream and Ontario Provincial Nominee-PhD (Ontario PNP-PhD) stream. I am considering which one to apply. How long does it take for the FSW-PhD stream applicant to get their immigration visa? Should I apply both?

I am really worried that the FSW-PhD cap limit has reached. If I apply both FSW and PNP, I do not know how the Ontario PNP-PhD programme officers will think of my application, as they may feel that I do not wholeheartedly intend to live in Ontario. Intention to live in Ontario is one of their selection requirement, and I do not know if I am worrying too much.

Thank you for your advice.

Specialmary
I myself would got only for the Ontario PNP-PHD. Saves you money and opens up a spot for someone in a province that doesn't have such program. And I'm sure it is much faster.

Ejamal told me today that he got his CAIPS/GCMS and that they have not even started doing the background/security checkings for him that was one of the first applicants, so chances are that we will have long months ahead of us.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Since the cap on applications has not been updated and people who have recently applied are still waiting for a response, does this mean the cap has been reached? We, who will be eligible to apply in Sept, are spending time to prepare our applications, but don't know the outcome.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
I myself would got only for the Ontario PNP-PHD. Saves you money and opens up a spot for someone in a province that doesn't have such program. And I'm sure it is much faster.

Ejamal told me today that he got his CAIPS/GCMS and that they have not even started doing the background/security checkings for him that was one of the first applicants, so chances are that we will have long months ahead of us.
Hi tyrus, if i'm not mistaken, didn't Ejamal already get his medical request?...if so, do they do background checks after medicals???...that's weird..i thought it was the other way around ::)...but if this is the case, why are they taking so long to ask for medicals??????...i was hoping that it would be because they are doing all those background checks!!