+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Congrates for the good news.

How can I get the tracker updated?
This is my first post. My application has just reached CIO today July 3rd, 2012. It includes 2 persons and my work experience as RA/TA and other. I am from Egypt.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
phdapplicant said:
Ottawa has requested my Medical Examination. It is a good sign that they are still working on PhD-Stream applications :)
Congrats phdapplicant.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
Congrates for the good news.

How can I get the tracker updated?
This is my first post. My application has just reached CIO today July 3rd, 2012. It includes 2 persons and my work experience as RA/TA and other. I am from Egypt.
I will add you soon.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Finally hear of some good news. It looks like they process applications based on the time when package reached rather than PER issued time.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I have spent last couple nights for reading every comments in this thread! Such a nice work of you guys by keeping this "encyclopedia" for all of the phd applicants! Salute!!

I'm planning to apply for this phd stream asap, but I only manage to get a spot for my IELTS on July 21st. The earliest time that I would gather all of the information will be at the mid of August. I'm worried the cap will be reached by that time (I've just checked, CIC still hasn't update the cap number yet!!! :mad:). What do you guys think I should do? Wait until they re-new the cap?? Since PC has to be within 3 months of the issue date, do CIC has the same requirement on other documents like the letters from my supervisors and faculty of graduate students?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
starrysky said:
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I have spent last couple nights for reading every comments in this thread! Such a nice work of you guys by keeping this "encyclopedia" for all of the phd applicants! Salute!!

I'm planning to apply for this phd stream asap, but I only manage to get a spot for my IELTS on July 21st. The earliest time that I would gather all of the information will be at the mid of August. I'm worried the cap will be reached by that time (I've just checked, CIC still hasn't update the cap number yet!!! :mad:). What do you guys think I should do? Wait until they re-new the cap?? Since PC has to be within 3 months of the issue date, do CIC has the same requirement on other documents like the letters from my supervisors and faculty of graduate students?
you can probably make it in time if you apply until the first two weeks of September. I believe we still have about 200 spots still open as things have been really quite here since may.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Congrats,
Did they ask for 6 month bank statment as well from you?

phdapplicant said:
Thanks. They requested a police certificate for my wife (not mine) since she came to Canada recently.
I didn't submit my Canadian police record with my application (since we don't have to).

It's still the same: "In progress" :)

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
I finally sent my application to CIO today. I pray no complications in my own case. I followed the steps of all successful applicants in this forum.

2 people on application
RA/TA of 1 yr is the only experience for which i am claiming points. ielts 8, wife has a bachelors degree so claiming 4 points
i have other foreign experiences but couldn't get reference letters to substantiate them.
My PhD supervisor gave a letter saying ''registered PhD student working as Graduate research assistant...doing lab work, publishing manuscripts which i co-author......he is remunerated for the tasks....'

I ll fill u in on updates.
Congrats to all the progressing cases!!! we ll get there eventually. :)

country of origin-Nigeria

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
mcknight0219 said:
When you are requesting verification, ask for extra copy of the documents. They are much cheaper than
the first copy and it is good to have an extra backup
Thanks, based on all of your suggestion, I think it's better to prepare verification for my transcripts along with degree/diploma. And I do ask for extra 2 copies just in case, as you said, it's not expensive for the copies anyways. Thanks a lot.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
TyrusX said:
if you do that, you will have to keep the money for a while, or it would be too obvious for them that you borrowed money from someone. Didn't you submit enough proof of funding with your application?
I have a question regarding to settlement fund as well. I'm about to submit my application, and I don't have that much money (as I known, it's $11,150 minimum, and someone suggest as much as I can). So my parents sent me money recently. Will this not be enough for them? I do plan to hold that amount of money for at least 6 months or more. If they ask me to show the history, they will see that the money just got transferred recently, will this be a problem? or it will be fine if I make sure hold the money in my account for certain period of time.

Thanks

mmomen

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015 - Application delivered to CIO
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014 - by SINP
Nomination.....
27-04-2015 - by SINP
AOR Received.
16-07-2015 - by CIC
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
TyrusX said:
You have to choose an university and fulfill their requirement. This it not the thread for you, there is a section for international students. This is the forum for PhD Students that applied for PR because they already been students for at least 2 years. So if you are looking into this, it will take you at least 3 years for you to apply in this stream. Be aware that there is no way to affirm this stream will still exist by them.
understand mate...can u plz answer one question.... which course did you, the PhD.students , do as pre-PhD course for two years in Canada?? can you provide me that type of any sample link so that i can more clear ??

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
mapleisland said:
I have a question regarding to settlement fund as well. I'm about to submit my application, and I don't have that much money (as I known, it's $11,150 minimum, and someone suggest as much as I can). So my parents sent me money recently. Will this not be enough for them? I do plan to hold that amount of money for at least 6 months or more. If they ask me to show the history, they will see that the money just got transferred recently, will this be a problem? or it will be fine if I make sure hold the money in my account for certain period of time.

Thanks
Hi Mapleisland,

I am also working to prepare material for application. According to your previous post, I guess you also obtained your bachelor/Master's degree from China. If possible, can you add my as friend on QQ? My number is 215822170. Or we can communicate by email, mine is zoubin19@gmail.com

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mmomen said:
understand mate...can u plz answer one question.... which course did you, the PhD.students , do as pre-PhD course for two years in Canada?? can you provide me that type of any sample link so that i can more clear ??
IT depends on your field of study dude. Everyone takes different courses.