19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
temperatura said:
Hi. But how can I actually prove that my employment was secured? And what do they mean by short breaks? Is 4 months is short enough? :)
I don't know. The fact he got that on CIC level doesn't guarantee that will be uphold at Consulate Level.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Aaron2012 said:
I think the response from Phdapplicant's case can give us more info about how Ottawa thinks.
something is weird, Phdapplicant appealed two days before me, but they did not respond him yet, also MapleDream is the first one from the guys who appealed in CIO , but no update on his application so far from Ottawa !!!!!

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody confirm that all the cases will be forwarded to Ottawa? Is there anybody got forwarded to different visa office so far?

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
something is weird, Phdapplicant appealed two days before me, but they did not respond him yet, also MapleDream is the first one from the guys who appealed in CIO , but no update on his application so far from Ottawa !!!!!
Sorry for the sad news. The VO seems to has the sole power to make decisions on our cases. We are eligible to get those adaptability points.

Now we hope something different from Phdapplicant and MapleDream!!

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
temperatura said:
Hi. But how can I actually prove that my employment was secured? And what do they mean by short breaks? Is 4 months is short enough? :)
No one really knows. Their standard seems to be stricter nowadays.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
phdapplicant said:
Hi Moonbow2010, for the letter, I followed the same format described in the Checklist IMM5483. Especially, I wrote every details about my job duties to closely match their job description (even though I rephrased the wording instead of using their word). Besides, I also provided my pay slips, contract, and tax forms. Hope it help.
Thanks. Man, you deserve points for that. I did not submit my pay slips, contract and tax forms.

I just did not keep them. It looks that CIC need more than reference letter to confirm your work experience.

Especially for overseas work experience, I could foresee my rejection following yours. There is nothing I can do about it.

But for your case, you do have some space to improve on that. When you are appealing, just prepare for next IELTS/CELPS. You deserve your PR.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MASOUD2011 said:
Could someone confirm whether or not I have to inform CIC about the new employment status of my wife?
I think it could be good to do that :).

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
Dani1982 said:
Sorry to hear that. Did you appeal to Ottawa by quoting OP-6b? I do not agree with their explanation. The 5 adaptability points should be awarded to any 2-year study without considering to which the study permit was issued. In other words "for which your current study permit was issued" is the interpretation of the official himself that he used this to decide whether you finished a 2-year study. This criteria definitely is a violation of the IRPA where no such thing exists. His philosophy is that a change of study permit, which is issued to specific programme, indicates finishing of a programme. Then you are qualified for the points. However, as I said, no such criteria is set by either by the IRPA or the explanation of the law (OP6b). Anyway, I will wait for my decision and write to them what I am saying here if it is a refusal.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
temperatura said:
You could provide a long term contract of employment, or get something from HR to prove that you are employed even you have no work assignment during some time. It is tricky. We have to defend ourself from every aspect.

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
one more thing that you could try. Find your local MP. As long as their reason for refusing your application is not due to any national security concerns, MP's complaints should at least urge them to carefully review and reconsider the case.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
It is so sad to hear that! :(
It is the bitter truth for all of us :(. I'm so anixous. I have my candidacy soon, and I'm waiting for this medical requests that doesn't come, and I will probably be the only one that will have to do additional exams because I got seriously ill in my first year here. :( So more expenses!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
PyramidCity said:
one more thing that you could try. Find your local MP. As long as their reason for refusing your application is not due to any national security concerns, MP's complaints should at least urge them to carefully review and reconsider the case.
Thank you man. I did mention the OP6b and also sent two pages of OP6b (highlighting the corresponding section) with the fax and also with the mail. Actually I am thinking to arrange an appointment with our local MP but before that I want to consult with a lawyer to see if they made a mistake or not. Anyway thank you for your concern

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
TyrusX said:
It is the bitter truth for all of us :(. I'm so anixous. I have my candidacy soon, and I'm waiting for this medical requests that doesn't come, and I will probably be the only one that will have to do additional exams because I got seriously ill in my first year here. :( So more expenses!
I also had a question. What about the reduced tuition fees?

Are they going to ask it back if we were rejected?

Good luck on your comprehensive exams!