Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
@Phdapplicant: Could you please send me the template of your appeal , I want to see how should I appeal? Thank you man.

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there any new applicants in June?

Please share your timeline if you get PER from CIO.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
TyrusX said:
Sorry to hear that. Best course of action is to appeal right away. Maybe we should create an standard letter already? Also. One thing that we haven't actually given too much importance IS THAT WE DO HAVE ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT. Most of us get RAships that are acknowledged as work experience, so may they should be acknowledge this as a job as well? Maybe attaching a letter from your supervisor saying that he will pay you until the conclusion of your degree as well?

Dany can you also shared : No. of persons in the application, TA/RA Experience and Nationality with us?

No. of person : 1
RA/TA included + other, but they did not give any points to me for my job experience other than RA/TA.
Nationality : Iran

I think it is good to have a template, maybe those guys who had a successful appeal from Sydney can help?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
TyrusX said:
Sorry to hear that. Best course of action is to appeal right away. Maybe we should create an standard letter already? Also. One thing that we haven't actually given too much importance IS THAT WE DO HAVE ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT. Most of us get RAships that are acknowledged as work experience, so may they should be acknowledge this as a job as well? Maybe attaching a letter from your supervisor saying that he will pay you until the conclusion of your degree as well?

Dany can you also shared : No. of persons in the application, TA/RA Experience and Nationality with us?

RA/TA included + other, but they did not give any points to me for my job experience other than RA/TA.

I think it is good to have a template, maybe those guys who had a successful appeal from Sydney can help?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Dani1982 said:
Hi Guys
I just got an email from Ottawa said that I got rejected due to lack of points. They did not give me the 5 points of adaptability
The whole day, and it's only bad news :( Sorry to hear that, Dany1982. I'm getting more and more nervous these days. With your other work experience, did you include sufficient information and reference letters? And they gave you 3 years of RA/TA experience? Anyway, good luck with the appeal, and hopefully you too will get your rejection overturned by Ottawa.

TyrusX said:

I think the previous work experience adaptability points only apply if you gain your experience with a 'work' permit. But then again, a study permit technically permits you to be employed on campus, so it's once again one of those ambiguous things with the rules...

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
I think we should do something. Because many of us can fail because of gaining 66 points.
I sent them a simple letter claiming adaptability points.
Should many of us share a common template?
Any other suggestion?

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
TyrusX said:
My friend TJ just called me to tell me he got request for 6 months of bank history. He is from China. A valid hypothesis
now it that this request is related to how much money you have presented. If just enough, they may want to know how
is your funding history.
Given that he is just a few day late of phdapplicant, we can see that they are not putting a lot of effort on our applications.
Actually, the processing time is not that bad. I have a girl PhD fellow from senior years, who applied in the early half of 2010 and just got her PR recently.

It was two years in total.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Dani1982 said:

Hi Dani1982,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am also curious about why they did not assign any points to your previous work experience.

Is that because you did not provide a letter detailing your duties? Or your previous job does not belong to NOC matrix. Or you did not request that experience to be considered as a factor towards your immigration in form Schedule 3.

It seemed that Phdapplicant 's foreign work experience did give him 2 points.

Have u thought about appealing their not assigning any points to your other work experience?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
moonbow2010 said:
Hi Dani1982,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am also curious about why they did not assign any points to your previous work experience.

Is that because you did not provide a letter detailing your duties? Or your previous job does not belong to NOC matrix. Or you did not request that experience to be considered as a factor towards your immigration in form Schedule 3.

It seemed that Phdapplicant 's foreign work experience did give him 2 points.

Have u thought about appealing their not assigning any points to your other work experience?
Thank you man, this is their response :

You were not awarded experience points for the claimed work experience as a ??? as the list of job duties contained in your letter of reference from ??? Company does not match the lead statement and a substantial number of main duties under the NOC code you selected. There were no job duties listed in the same letter of reference for your work experience as a ????. As such, I could not award you points for this work experience.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Dani1982 said:
Thank you man, this is their response :

You were not awarded experience points for the claimed work experience as a ??? as the list of job duties contained in your letter of reference from ??? Company does not match the lead statement and a substantial number of main duties under the NOC code you selected. There were no job duties listed in the same letter of reference for your work experience as a ????. As such, I could not award you points for this work experience.
Thanks, man. It seemed that your job duties might be a bit brief or unclear so that it did not match their requirement.

I see two ways of your appealing either requesting your previous employer to rewrite the letter of reference(make sure there are no consistency b/w two letters) just more details maybe or requesting 5 points on adaptivity.

:(Any way, I really wish you good luck with your further processes.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
Dani1982 said:
Hi Guys
I just got an email from Ottawa said that I got rejected due to lack of points. They did not give me the 5 points of adaptability, So I just got 66 points :( . This is the table:

Age 10
Education 25
Experience 19

Arranged employment 0

Official language proficiency 12

Adaptability 0

TOTAL 66
Hi, Dani1982, could you tell us whether you overturn your NER to PER or not at CIO? Could you share the part of letter about the explanation to adaptability points? It seemed you could not pass the CIO if you just had 66 points. I checked the tracker file, there was no appealing mark for you. So they did give you the 5 adaptability points at CIO. But CPP didn't agree this. If so, that means CPP won't give PhD applicants the 5 adaptability points automatically. They two sides CIO and CPP interpret the manual so differently. We must appeal and tell them it's not right.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
MapleDream said:
Hi, Dani1982, could you tell us whether you overturn your NER to PER or not at CIO? Could you share the part of letter about the explanation to adaptability points? It seemed you could not pass the CIO if you just had 66 points. I checked the tracker file, there was no appealing mark for you. So they did give you the 5 adaptability points at CIO. But CPP didn't agree this. If so, that means CPP won't give PhD applicants the 5 adaptability points automatically. They two sides CIO and CPP interpret the manual so differently. We must appeal and tell them it's not right.
I did not get a NER from CIO. This is the part

"You did not claim work experience in Canada on a work permit or previous study in Canada."

I think the problem is with my schedule 3 form. I did not check the "yes" box under the pervious study in canada section.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Dani1982 said:
I did not get a NER from CIO. This is the part

"You did not claim work experience in Canada on a work permit or previous study in Canada."

I think the problem is with my schedule 3 form. I did not check the "yes" box under the pervious study in canada section.
I didn't do that as well. BUT IS VERY STUPID of them. We have studied in Canada for the last two years. It's obvious. I did put that on my cover letter though. I hope they kept them with the files. I suspect I may get a NER as well if things go like this.

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Dani1982 said:
@ Phdapplicant: Could you please send me the template of your appeal , I want to see how should I appeal? Thank you man.
I emailed them about two days, saying that
"I should have been awarded another 5 adaptability points for studying at a post-secondary institution in Canada (University of ***) for more than two years on a full-time basis after the age of 17 with a study permit. According to OP6, Section 9.16.b and IMM7000 Factor 6.B, I am not required to have obtained an educational credential for these 2 years."

I think we should prepare a formal letter together. I remember that some of you mentioned that you had a lawyer at school to help with the PR application process. Could you consult him/her regarding this?

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
I totally agree. We should formulate a formal letter stating about our qualifying for this 5 points.