+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi All,

I finally completed all required documents and will be submitting my application. I just wanted to make sure of the visa office I should designate in the application. I'm assuming it should be Case Processing Pilot, Ottawa. Is this correct? Also, should I tick the "Proof of Admission" in point 8 of the checklist. I will be including a copy of my study permit of course. Do I need photocopies of entry stamps to Canada from my passport too?

Thanks..

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohappyboy said:
Hi Aron,
I have the same problem. I do not know what is going on but I do not think anything
that we should be concerned about.
Still cannot access my ecas, I think my data was removed from the online system.

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
informer2000 said:
Hi All,

I finally completed all required documents and will be submitting my application. I just wanted to make sure of the visa office I should designate in the application. I'm assuming it should be Case Processing Pilot, Ottawa. Is this correct? Also, should I tick the "Proof of Admission" in point 8 of the checklist. I will be including a copy of my study permit of course. Do I need photocopies of entry stamps to Canada from my passport too?

Thanks..
I think it is better to send them a photocopy of all the marked pages in your passport

S

sohappyboy

a_nashed said:
I think it is better to send them a photocopy of all the marked pages in your passport
I still have the same problem. I wonder what is going on ?
Aaron, did you click on the button which avoids online access to the eCAS.
I am thinking what if I clicked on it.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
Aaron2012 said:
Today, I found I cannot access my ecas on-line status. When I check my on-line status, the screen says:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..."

Did CIO remove the information for the NER cases at all?

Is anyone who experienced such case before?

I concerned about if this will affect my appeal process for the adaptability points.
I have the same problem. Anybody else has same problem? Does anybody know what that mean?

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
Aaron2012 said:
Still cannot access my ecas, I think my data was removed from the online system.
Don't worry! It happened to me last week. I couldn't access ECAS on Monday. It came back on Tuesday night.

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
Aaron2012 said:
Today, I found I cannot access my ecas on-line status. When I check my on-line status, the screen says:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..."

Did CIO remove the information for the NER cases at all?

Is anyone who experienced such case before?

I concerned about if this will affect my appeal process for the adaptability points.
This could happen to all applicants whose NER was over turned to PER. The case was first closed due to NER and then re-opened as the PER was issued. However, a re-opened case could take up to 90 days to be shown in ecas. This was the information provided by CIC.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
snow_walker said:
My ECAS status changed into processing begun. I think everyone those have heard from Ottawa has this processing begun date.

What I am thinking, we can remove the 2nd AOR and put this processing begun field instead. What do you think?
Congratulations! Any change is a welcome sign that someone is actually working on your case.

However, I am getting more and more confused with the meaning of the eCas statuses. As you can see here - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_wrkr&lang=en&app=ecas - all FSW applications submitted to the CIO-Sydney should have passed through the following stages and sub-stages: 1)Application Received at CIO; 2)Eligibility Review Completed at CIO; 3)Received by Visa Office; 4)VO Eligibility Review Complete; 5)IN PROCESS; 6.1)Decision Made-Medical results received; 6.2)Decision Made-Approval status determined; 6.3)Decision Made-PR Status Determined; 7)Complete-applicant landed.

So far, we have seen nothing like this progression of statuses on eCas. Clearly, their new case management system is not working as planned. What a surprise! :)

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
I emailed CIC Ottawa to ask them where I should send my updated documents (police records, bank statements,...) to. They told me that I should send all documentation to this address:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – 46
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West| 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

I hope it's useful to some of you here :)

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohappyboy said:
I still have the same problem. I wonder what is going on ?
Aaron, did you click on the button which avoids online access to the eCAS.
I am thinking what if I clicked on it.
I didn't click that button. Was your ecas status changed from 'Decision Made' to 'In Process' immediately after they overturned your case (which was informed to you by email)? I am thinking if that is not the case, the CIO may do so for us right now.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
phdapplicant said:
I emailed CIC Ottawa to ask them where I should send my updated documents (police records, bank statements,...) to. They told me that I should send all documentation to this address:
That means those who did not submit the 6-month account history with the application package should submit the statements, right? or did u get any notification from the Ottawa office?

How many days will it take to get a reply from the Ottawa office?

S

sohappyboy

Aaron2012 said:
I didn't click that button. Was your ecas status changed from 'Decision Made' to 'In Process' immediately after they overturned your case (which was informed to you by email)? I am thinking if that is not the case, the CIO may do so for us right now.
Actually, 2 days after my NER was reverted to PER, my status changed from 'Decision Made' to 'In Process'.
So, the change was already done. I do not see any reason for this problem.

Karmen

Jun 5, 2012
aelatar said:
Actually when i received the email for submitting the bank statement, I emailed them back asking if they received my police certificate that i sent to Buffalo back in March. They emailed me again confirming the reception of the document from Buffalo.
I just received an email from them asking for a bank statement for the past six months

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
I have added one column after ECAS status about the type of the document requested.