Oct 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
snow_walker said:
What I believe, that 3600 number is a typo. It's actually the number of applicant since 1 June, 2011 in 29 job categories. I personally don't believe 3600 PhD students submitted their applications on a single day. Moreover, CIC will only process first 1000 applications. Why would they put 3600 number there? Any thought seniors?
just think about it, its typo.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
wpower said:
Hi guys I am wondering if any of you have applied a CEC in addition to the PhD stream? I think I am eligible for both but not sure if submitting 2 applications at the same time is a good idea. I know it is permitted to do this but worry if applying two classes at the same time has any negative impact.
There is no problems in applying for both, but you have to pay two application fees. If I were you, and IF I was SURE, that I would qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, I would apply for the CEC, because it seems to be the fastest class so far, and as far as I know, there is not cap. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

This is the class that most people would use after concluding their degrees in Canada. And it seems that the processing times are always less than 15 months, while there is no information in how long the phd class will take. Beyond that, if you apply for both, you may be taking a spot that could be used by someone (in the phd class) that cannot apply in other classes, what may be something worth considering as well.

Best of lucky.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
TyrusX said:
Beyond that, if you apply for both, you may be taking a spot that could be used by someone (in the phd class) that cannot apply in other classes, what may be something worth considering as well.
+1

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
TyrusX said:
Yep, I was just curious how you got all your documents together so fast. It took me about 6 weeks.
That might because I was preparing to apply for CEC then, and I've got almost everything ready in hand (especially the IELTS test). After I heard this new stream, I thought earlier might be faster, so I applied it immediately. I spent about one week to fill in the forms, ask my parents to send me non-criminal certificate, and gather documents from HR, supervisor, and our secretary.

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
Applicants must not have received a Government of Canada award that required them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills; or if they were a recipient of such an award, that they have satisfied the terms of the award.

Anybody has any idea how to prove the above term?

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
Hi everyone, my credit card is not charged yet. My package is received by CIO on Jan. 5, 2012. I just remember that my billing address is not updated since my move in December 2011. So I updated my billing address this morning.

Will the CIO charge it again? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
jessiezz said:
Applicants must not have received a Government of Canada award that required them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills; or if they were a recipient of such an award, that they have satisfied the terms of the award.

Anybody has any idea how to prove the above term?
if you have such an award, read the terms and see what kind of things they are requiring. I have a friend that can't apply because the
term states that she has to go back to her home country and work for 5 years there. This is the kind of requirement for people that get FULLBRIGHT scholarships in the USA, for example.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
My CIC status is also "in process" now.

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
supergoldenfish said:
Thanks! my application status is "in process" too...
Mine is also "in process" now.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
I got an email confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. However my ecas status is still not showing anything.

wpower

Feb 14, 2012
Does everybody got a letter from the Graduate school clearly stating "in good academic standing"? I haven't seen such words from the document I got from my Grad school. What I got are just 6 letters that show my enrollment in PhD program, one letter each year that I have been enrolled.

Does that mean I have to go to request another one and ask them state exactly "in good academic standing"?

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
The letter that I got stated that I am in good academic standing. Also, diy2011's application was returned because of a similar issue.

diy2011 said:
Hi guys,
My application was returned. The story is the same as guowei018. I failed to show an acceptable letter that officially indicated I've finished more than 2 years of my PhD program with good standing academic records.
Believe me, they don't trust your transcript :), they need official confirmation letter from University that declare that you satisfy PhD stream requirements.
Hope this is a good lesson for future applicants.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
wpower said:
Does everybody got a letter from the Graduate school clearly stating "in good academic standing"? I haven't seen such words from the document I got from my Grad school. What I got are just 6 letters that show my enrollment in PhD program, one letter each year that I have been enrolled.

Does that mean I have to go to request another one and ask them state exactly "in good academic standing"?
@wpower: My letter from Graduate Studies states "in good academic standing". I believe that thing is necessary.

@JBR: I never got any email from CIC stating that they have received my application!

@all: spreadsheet updated.