Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jun zheng said:
Hello,guys
I have a question about the research Assistant and teaching assistant referece letters. Are these two letters wrote on the same reference letter or separately?

I think research Assistant is signed by own superviosrs but teaching assistant referece letter should be signed from the HR, becasue we sign the contract for teaching assistant every signle term.

Any suggestions?
I wrote the letters separately, ... and I mean *I* wrote the letters and presented them for signature

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Jun zheng said:
Hello,guys
I have a question about the research Assistant and teaching assistant referece letters. Are these two letters wrote on the same reference letter or separately?

I think research Assistant is signed by own superviosrs but teaching assistant referece letter should be signed from the HR, becasue we sign the contract for teaching assistant every signle term.

Any suggestions?
My RA letter was signed by the supervisors, while the TA reference letter was signed by the Associate Dean (Graduate Studies). Normally, the HR letter just include the specific periods you worked and your salary, no details about the duties.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
My RA letter was signed by the supervisors, while the TA reference letter was signed by the Associate Dean (Graduate Studies). Normally, the HR letter just include the specific periods you worked and your salary, no details about the duties.
My TA letter was signed by the Graduate Advisor for our Department, and as usual, my RA letter was signed by my academic supervisor.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
climate_modeller said:
My TA letter was signed by the Graduate Advisor for our Department, and as usual, my RA letter was signed by my academic supervisor.
I saw all successfully referece letters for TA and RA together. If you do not mind, can you send me your letters for reference?Thanks in advance.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jun zheng said:
I saw all successfully referece letters for TA and RA together. If you do not mind, can you send me your letters for reference?Thanks in advance.
I still don't know if my letters were successful because I had 4 years documented experience before PhD program. Once I get my GCMS notes that gives Ottawa's eligibility determination, then I'll post the letters if they were successful.

Right now I'd suggest going with letters that were proven to be successful. The success of my letters are currently undetermined.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jun zheng said:
Hello,guys

Any suggestions?
In my case both RA and TA was written in one letter and signed by my supervisor. However, I did not have much TA and mainly it was my RA that gave me the 3 year experience...so don't know if they even considered my TA or not. I have ordered my GCMS so let's see what's written in that...

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Updated Schedule 3

Hello there,

I have a question to the applicants who updated their reference letters, did you update Schedule 3 as well? If so, was it a scanned copy or an original one as it had a signature?

Thanks!

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Re: Updated Schedule 3

N_O said:
Hello there,

I have a question to the applicants who updated their reference letters, did you update Schedule 3 as well? If so, was it a scanned copy or an original one as it had a signature?

Thanks!
I updated my schedule 3 as well once I got an extra year to put in...along with updated reference letter...I sent it all by mail...for the form...I used the old schedule 3 form template which I had submitted previously, not the new one available right now...

Again I can only tell you if they added in that year of experience once I receive my GCMS notes...

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014

N_O said:
Hello there,

Thanks!
I updated Schedule 3 by scanning it. I don't know if credit was given for it until I get my GCMS notes.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

sgtrigger said:
I updated my schedule 3 as well once I got an extra year to put in...along with updated reference letter...I sent it all by mail...for the form...I used the old schedule 3 form template which I had submitted previously, not the new one available right now...

Again I can only tell you if they added in that year of experience once I receive my GCMS notes...
Thank you!

climate_modeller said:
I updated Schedule 3 by scanning it. I don't know it credit was given for it until I get my GCMS notes.
Thanks! Did you get the second line in your online status? i.e "We started processing your application on May ??, 2014". If so, was it the same date you received your MR on?

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I also updated my Schedule 3 one time using the old form that I used for application. I only scan and email it. There is note in my GCMS that they received the updated Schedule 3.

N_O said:
Hello there,

Thanks!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

mike5182 said:
I also updated my Schedule 3 one time using the old form that I used for application. I only scan and email it. There is note in my GCMS that they received the updated Schedule 3.
Thanks Mike!
Did your second line in your online status has the same date you received your MR on? i.e "We started processing your application on May 16, 2014", or was it before?

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hi folks,

My wife is a PhD student. We submitted an application in the federal skill worker, PhD stream category. She is the main applicant in that application.
I am also eligible to apply as a regular federal skill worker in other category. I am wondering if it is possible for me to apply in the other category of federal skill worker as a main applicant? Is there any problem to have two applications in the skill worker category, but in two different sub categories?
I know a friend of mine applied simultaneously for federal skill worker and Canadian experience with no problem and he has his PR now. The different between my case and him is that he applied in two different categories (skill worker and Canadian experience), but I am going to have two applications in one category but two different subcategories.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
vahid_smiler said:
Hi folks,

My wife is a PhD student. We submitted an application in the federal skill worker, PhD stream category. She is the main applicant in that application.
I am also eligible to apply as a regular federal skill worker in other category. I am wondering if it is possible for me to apply in the other category of federal skill worker as a main applicant? Is there any problem to have two applications in the skill worker category, but in two different sub categories?
I know a friend of mine applied simultaneously for federal skill worker and Canadian experience with no problem and he has his PR now. The different between my case and him is that he applied in two different categories (skill worker and Canadian experience), but I am going to have two applications in one category but two different subcategories.
There is no problem at all! Go ahead, your application will be accepted before your wife's, they process the other categories much faster, you may get the PR visa within 6-8 months.

Good luck!