+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hi all,

My previous application was rejected due to the work experience letter not saying that I am "assisting" the professor. It was a while ago. I am now considering re-applying. I am in my 5th year and will graduate in about a year I am guessing. Is it too late for me to apply now ? Should I just apply after graduating or is it still ok to apply now ? Also it will take me some time to prepare the application package. Since the Cap will reach on April 30th, perhaps I should send mine in the next cycle ?

Cheers,
zedd4x

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
zedd4x said:
Hi all,

My previous application was rejected due to the work experience letter not saying that I am "assisting" the professor. It was a while ago. I am now considering re-applying. I am in my 5th year and will graduate in about a year I am guessing. Is it too late for me to apply now ? Should I just apply after graduating or is it still ok to apply now ? Also it will take me some time to prepare the application package. Since the Cap will reach on April 30th, perhaps I should send mine in the next cycle ?

Cheers,
zedd4x
Never late. After you graduate, is PhD stream your best choice? Cause I think this stream is slow.

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
I have a question, after getting POF request has anyone been rejected for problems related with the letters of reference or work experience?

I will do my upfront medical exams next week, as in my city it takes more than a month to get an appointment.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it is late. If you wait after graduation, the policy may be changed or the stream may be cancelled. so as earlier as better.
zedd4x said:
Hi all,

Cheers,
zedd4x

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
One more question, please answer. I am about to defend my PhD what form should I fill to update my information so I can get the points for finishing the degree.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
dapin84 said:
I have a question, after getting POF request has anyone been rejected for problems related with the letters of reference or work experience?

I will do my upfront medical exams next week, as in my city it takes more than a month to get an appointment.
Yes. if you see the tracker, some people got rejected after DOC request.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
dapin84 said:

I think there are some applicants who were rejected after getting POF due to Ref letters, you can find a couple of cases in the tracker. But this is very unlikely, particularity recently.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
dapin84 said:
One more question, please answer. I am about to defend my PhD what form should I fill to update my information so I can get the points for finishing the degree.
I don't think there is a specific form. You might just need to send them an e-mail with proper supporting documents.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
I am going to assess my spouse's education to be safe just in case they did not award us 5 points for spouse's education. We will only have 62 points without those points. I have some questions about assessment from applicants who applied to WES:
Which one did you select: WES ICAP or WES basic?
Which recipient did you chose? yourself?
Did you request a sealed envelope? Should we send the sealed one to CIC?

Thank you.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Parkinson said:
I am going to assess my spouse's education to be safe just in case they did not award us 5 points for spouse's education. We will only have 62 points without those points. I have some questions about assessment from applicants who applied to WES:
Which one did you select: WES ICAP or WES basic?
Use WES FSWP application .. when I did (Nov'2013), I dont think there was ICAP or basic ..

Which recipient did you chose? yourself?
yes, yourself ... you have to put ECA report with your application (refer guide as well as doc hecklist)

Did you request a sealed envelope? Should we send the sealed one to CIC?

I dont know why do you want seal envelope one .. as per guide and doc checklist we need report (not necessary report in a seal envelope)

Thank you.

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Hello,

I would like to update my information in immigration tracker (I am not inactive - I am hereeeee, just not having time to participate in forums). I sent proactively POF and updated reference letter. I also added my spouse to the application so it is now two of us.

Thank you very very much

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Hey my friend whose application had reached CIO on Dec 04, 2012 and who got his medical in mid of February 2014 got passport request...proclivity...I am guessing you should get a request soon too...

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
sgtrigger said:
Hey my friend whose application had reached CIO on Dec 04, 2012 and who got his medical in mid of February 2014 got passport request...proclivity...I am guessing you should get a request soon too...
Hope rising!! ;D

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
mike5182 said:
I don't think it is late. If you wait after graduation, the policy may be changed or the stream may be cancelled. so as earlier as better.
Yeah that makes sense. I will need to get new English test results and I can't get them before the next year cycle anyways. I think I will apply in May.