+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I have got a job offer and I want to add it to my application. But I am not sure if I should also provide them with a labour market opinion for the offered position? If I fall in the third case of the following cases for arranged employment, then I have to add a positive labour market opinion as well which should be applied by my employer. But it will be a pain for my employer because they need to fill out some forms here (http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/arranged_offer/index.shtml) and apply for it, and even pay $200. It will be too much if I request them to do so right in the beginning of my employment. They gave me just an offer and do not like additional hassle.

Is here anybody that has such experience? Will I fall in the first case or the third one? Please advise if you know any single thing about adding a job offer. Thank you in advance.
As far as I know, since you have applied under PhD stream, adding your job offer does not do any good to you. So there is no point to bother yourself. If you want to use this offer of employment, then you must place a whole new application under the category that is for people with job offer.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maytheflower said:
Merry Christmas!

Just got my RRPF request yesterday. Fingercrossed for the coming of medical request, cz everyone is in vacation.
OMG. Just got my MR. Great Christmas gift.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
maytheflower said:
OMG. Just got my MR. Great Christmas gift.
Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
maytheflower said:
Thanks! Wish u have good news soon!
Congratulations!!!! I remember you applied from Quebec too. Would you mind sharing if they asked you the intent of leaving Quebec and if yes, how did you convince them.

Shovel the snow and stay warm. Merry Christmas!

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hello Admins

I was going through the tracker and in my column it was mentioned under doc request that I was asked docs to prove intent to live outside Quebec, which is not true. Please rectify. Thanks.

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
What additional document did you provide? Or is it just the transcript from the university?

[Well, intake office, Sydney is awarding 5 adaptability points but these are taken off by CPP-O. Not quite sure about 'after may 4th' applicants.]

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
maytheflower said:
Thanks! Wish u have good news soon!
Waiting to hear from them in April!

Stuck In Quebec said:
Hello Admins

I was going through the tracker and in my column it was mentioned under doc request that I was asked docs to prove intent to live outside Quebec, which is not true. Please rectify. Thanks.
Done!

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
what additional document did you provide or was it just the university transcript?

[Hello Civil,

Yes, I applied on June 7th, 2013. CC charged on August 22nd, and PER received on August 29th. I received my GCMS note on November 16, the note was dated November 8th.
]

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hello Thakurvet,

I have not provided any additional documents. I provided 1) PhD attestation letter and 2) WES report. For the previous studies, I provided copies of the diplomas and the transcripts.

Best Regards,

thakurvet said:
what additional document did you provide or was it just the university transcript?

[Hello Civil,

Yes, I applied on June 7th, 2013. CC charged on August 22nd, and PER received on August 29th. I received my GCMS note on November 16, the note was dated November 8th.
]

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
As far as I know, since you have applied under PhD stream, adding your job offer does not do any good to you. So there is no point to bother yourself. If you want to use this offer of employment, then you must place a whole new application under the category that is for people with job offer.

According to the regulations, they should count it. PhD falls into the category of skilled worker class, and one factor there is the arranged employment. I know what you say, because I remember someone here who added her job offer to replace her funds, but they did not accept.

Does any one here have the experience of adding a job offer letter?

Uzbekistan

Sep 26, 2013
Hi all,

I have fulfilled 2 years of residency requirement in my PhD program. I applied to PR and got my PER in December 16. The documents were forwarded to visa office in Ottawa. Now, I am going back to my home country for 1 or 2 years. Do I have to stay within Canada until the decision is made by Ottawa office? Will my notification on my address change impact on the outcome of my application? Can I stay in my home country for the rest 2 years and request them to change the visa office?

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
According to the regulations, they should count it. PhD falls into the category of skilled worker class, and one factor there is the arranged employment. I know what you say, because I remember someone here who added her job offer to replace her funds, but they did not accept.

Does any one here have the experience of adding a job offer letter?
The one factor that you are mentioning, is a separate category. You can choose a category when you place an application. You have already chosen PhD category and can not change it in the middle of the journey.

I do. I updated them about new jobs. Although my intentions were only to update their office, in my rejection letter they said they cannot consider those because they are after my application date.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
I do. I updated them about new jobs. Although my intentions were only to update their office, in my rejection letter they said they cannot consider those because they are after my application date.

So the problem is not our category I guess. It is the fact that we should submit job offers together with the original applications.
And if this is the case, it is another strange rule. What makes it better or worse to have the job offer in the beginning or in the middle of the process?

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
So the problem is not our category I guess. It is the fact that we should submit job offers together with the original applications.
And if this is the case, it is another strange rule. What makes it better or worse to have the job offer in the beginning or in the middle of the process?
The benefit of having arrange employment before you apply is that you have the "option" of applying under the stream that is for "individuals with arranged employment"; i.e., you can choose that stream rather than PhD stream. CIC might be nicer with that category (I don't know I am just saying). Also, I think you do not have to show you have the required amount of funding in your bank account.

But if you apply and then later get the job offer, then it is too late. That job offer does not help you in any ways.