Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
GeoCanadian said:
Greetings all!

Our family's journey to Canadian permanent residence ended yesterday at one of the Alberta-Montana border crossing, in a truly Canadian weather conditions of -33 freezing cold. :) It took us exactly one year eight months and one week between the time I sent my application to the Sydney office and the day we landed!

Just to recap the final steps of our timeline:
>I sent our passports to Ottawa on October 30th
>We got back the passports with visas on November 20th
>We drove to U.S. for a day trip and came back late in the evening on December 6th, almost missing the closing time of the immigration services on that border checkpoint. :) We arrived at the checkpoint 5:50PM and they were closing 6:15PM. However, this must have worked to our advantage as the lady was in a hurry, collected our passports and confirmations of permanent residence and called us back to the counter in 15 minutes. No questions asked, no other documents requested. Congratulated us and we were on our way after 15 minutes of arriving at the border checkpoint. :)

Good luck to everyone on the forum! If you need to reach me, message me to my private inbox and I will respond...

Cheers... :D :D :D :D
Hello GeoCanadian,

Congrats!
I remember that your wife and one of your children were in your home country when you received your PPR, and I think they sent you the passports to get the visa, why didn't the do the landing when they came back to Canada? Should all the family do the landing together?

Thanks!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nhab said:
I applied for CAIPS recently and they didn't consider my husband's education at all. The point for his education was Zero although he has two masters. My husband has 1 year job experience in Canada now. Recently I sent his employment letter and my updated reference letter. hopefully the pay attention. IS it true we should wait 25 months now based on the process time??
(Moreover, I'm not inactive user, change it i the excel sheet pleassss :D:D:D)
Hello nhab,

You're not the only applicant who found this in his notes, Parkinson and myself weren't awarded any points for the spouse's education, I hope that Ottawa's staff will reward us those points!
It may be better to update Schedule 3 to claim the points of your husband's canadian experience.
Btw, what is your due date in your notes?

Good luck!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Thanks N_O!

You remember correctly that my wife and one of my sons were stuck in our home country due to the strike that was going on. I did investigate the possibility of them sending me their passports, then me submitting all the passports to Ottawa, after which I would send them their passports with immigration visas and they would have landed as they came back to Canada. The only requirement ICC made was that I needed to land FIRST, BEFORE they would arrive to Canada. Thus, the answer to your question is that, to my best knowledge, based on the information I collected, either all of the family members need to land together OR the principle applicant needs to land first and then the rest of the members of the family may follow at some later date.

Ultimately, I decided not to go with the above plan since based on my calculation it would have taken longer. So, I waited until my family members got their temporary resident visas renewed and once they came to Canada as temporary residents I sent all our passports to Ottawa at that time.

N_O said:
Hello GeoCanadian,

Congrats!
I remember that your wife and one of your children were in your home country when you received your PPR, and I think they sent you the passports to get the visa, why didn't the do the landing when they came back to Canada? Should all the family do the landing together?

Thanks!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
GeoCanadian said:
Thanks N_O!

You remember correctly that my wife and one of my sons were stuck in our home country due to the strike that was going on. I did investigate the possibility of them sending me their passports, then me submitting all the passports to Ottawa, after which I would send them their passports with immigration visas and they would have landed as they came back to Canada. The only requirement ICC made was that I needed to land FIRST, BEFORE they would arrive to Canada. Thus, the answer to your question is that, to my best knowledge, based on the information I collected, either all of the family members need to land together OR the principle applicant needs to land first and then the rest of the members of the family may follow at some later date.

Ultimately, I decided not to go with the above plan since based on my calculation it would have taken longer. So, I waited until my family members got their temporary resident visas renewed and once they came to Canada as temporary residents I sent all our passports to Ottawa at that time.
Great, thank you! And congrats again!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
GeoCanadian said:
Greetings all!

Our family's journey to Canadian permanent residence ended yesterday at one of the Alberta-Montana border crossing, in a truly Canadian weather conditions of -33 freezing cold. :) It took us exactly one year eight months and one week between the time I sent my application to the Sydney office and the day we landed!

Just to recap the final steps of our timeline:
>I sent our passports to Ottawa on October 30th
>We got back the passports with visas on November 20th
>We drove to U.S. for a day trip and came back late in the evening on December 6th, almost missing the closing time of the immigration services on that border checkpoint. :) We arrived at the checkpoint 5:50PM and they were closing 6:15PM. However, this must have worked to our advantage as the lady was in a hurry, collected our passports and confirmations of permanent residence and called us back to the counter in 15 minutes. No questions asked, no other documents requested. Congratulated us and we were on our way after 15 minutes of arriving at the border checkpoint. :)

Good luck to everyone on the forum! If you need to reach me, message me to my private inbox and I will respond...

Cheers... :D :D :D :D
Congrats. I have a question Geo. Did you add your family to your file later or they were in the application since the beginning?
Has your family lived with you in Canada since the beginning or they joined you later?

Thanks.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Guys, I was wondering how it works? Does FA***** process your application only after security/criminality/etc reports are back? Has anyone gotten a GCMS notes indicating that FA guys had done their job but because the reports were not in medical had not been issued?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Anna2013 said:
Guys, I was wondering how it works? Does FA***** process your application only after security/criminality/etc reports are back? Has anyone gotten a GCMS notes indicating that FA guys had done their job but because the reports were not in medical had not been issued?
Security and background clearance is the last step and the most time consuming . It is done based on a cost benefit analysis based on the profile of the applicant. CIC wont bother to do a security check if PA does not meet minimum requirements. At least for me, eligibility was passed before security was started.

They probably do eligibility after verifying the authenticity of the documents submitted

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
My application is now available in "Application status", it says the application is "in progress".
However, I have not received any PER E-Mail.
My CC was encahsed on Dec 3.

Will they send PER by e-mail or postal address?

Nanocanada

Dec 8, 2013
Hello every one,
I am an international PHD student and I am finishing my 4th year.
I have applied for PR under PHD stream (FSW) on july 10th.
I have included all the required documents: letter from my supervisor, human resources of university
(I have been research assistant and I have done some TA work as well),My language-IELTS- results
,program confirmation letter,translation of my national ID, police certificate,financial proof from bank,
educational credential assessment done by WES and my original master& BSC and translations,etc.
Since I have had my studies continuously, I haven only had a chance to work full time during summer in my Bachelor
period,but I have had part time experience during both my MSC and BSC.
I have provided them two letters of work experience (indicating the duties, payment and hours/week).
First letter is under NOC 2133 ,half time work experience for two years during my master.
The second letter is under NOC 7242, full time work during summers(4 summer) and half time work
during 8 month academic life!

recently I have got my documents returned with a letter saying:
"A review of your application indicates that you do not meet the requirements of regulation 10 of IRPA.
The application is being returned to you for this reason. your application fee was not processed and is also being
returned to you.

Can any body please tell me where the problem is? Why my documents are being returned?
P.S:
The letter has an appendix stating: "the incorrect fee was received with your application. "
Luckily or unluckily,I have mistyped 550& as 505&.
Is this the reason that they have returned my application or there is this IRPA-10?

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
S_Govind said:
Security and background clearance is the last step and the most time consuming . It is done based on a cost benefit analysis based on the profile of the applicant. CIC wont bother to do a security check if PA does not meet minimum requirements. At least for me, eligibility was passed before security was started.

They probably do eligibility after verifying the authenticity of the documents submitted
Thanks for your input. So what can be the reason that my application has been delayed (18 month so far and nothing heard)? I got GCMS notes recently and it shows that FA has not done the eligibility review yet as of late Nov. I changed jobs in between though, can new employments delay the processing?

On a separate note, I was wondering how they determine the authenticity of docs given that the job letters can be copies? Do they contact the reference writers?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Anna2013 said:
Thanks for your input. So what can be the reason that my application has been delayed (18 month so far and nothing heard)? I got GCMS notes recently and it shows that FA has not done the eligibility review yet as of late Nov. I changed jobs in between though, can new employments delay the processing?

On a separate note, I was wondering how they determine the authenticity of docs given that the job letters can be copies? Do they contact the references?
Although the job duties can be copies, CIC has a way of verifying the veracity of every document submitted. The officers are very experienced and have seen it all before. For example, CIC actually contacts the School of Graduate Studies in my University so as to verify our enrollment status and employment history.

New employment cannot delay processing at all. CIC can easily discern the authenticity of documents based on its quality and completeness among other factors. Some background checks may be conducted by a partner agency in case they need to verify documents from overseas. Interviews for eligibility are waived on the basis of documents submitted

As a rule of thumb, once you reach medicals a soft decision has been taken and all documents on file have been verified. The only thing that will be pending at this point are criminality and security (although there is a possibility that the applicant might be medically furthered based on the results)

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Nanocanada said:
Hello every one,
I am an international PHD student and I am finishing my 4th year.
I have applied for PR under PHD stream (FSW) on july 10th.
I have included all the required documents: letter from my supervisor, human resources of university
(I have been research assistant and I have done some TA work as well),My language-IELTS- results
,program confirmation letter,translation of my national ID, police certificate,financial proof from bank,
educational credential assessment done by WES and my original master& BSC and translations,etc.
Since I have had my studies continuously, I haven only had a chance to work full time during summer in my Bachelor
period,but I have had part time experience during both my MSC and BSC.
I have provided them two letters of work experience (indicating the duties, payment and hours/week).
First letter is under NOC 2133 ,half time work experience for two years during my master.
The second letter is under NOC 7242, full time work during summers(4 summer) and half time work
during 8 month academic life!

recently I have got my documents returned with a letter saying:
"A review of your application indicates that you do not meet the requirements of regulation 10 of IRPA.
The application is being returned to you for this reason. your application fee was not processed and is also being
returned to you.

Can any body please tell me where the problem is? Why my documents are being returned?
P.S:
The letter has an appendix stating: "the incorrect fee was received with your application. "
Luckily or unluckily,I have mistyped 550& as 505&.
Is this the reason that they have returned my application or there is this IRPA-10?

Yes, your application is incomplete due to that. Correct the fee.
Btw you applied on July 19 and now they are responding you?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna2013 said:

On a separate note, I was wondering how they determine the authenticity of docs given that the job letters can be copies?

Do they contact the reference writers?

Have you tried MP? I think MP can help you a lot. Go to MP and explain them what is going on with your application. They can call Ottawa and ask about the delay reason.

Nanocanada

Dec 8, 2013
Yes, your application is incomplete due to that. Correct the fee.
Btw you applied on July 19 and now they are responding you?
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, yes they have responded me very recently ,on Dec.2nd received the returned package! :( the respond letter's dated to 22nd of NOV.
You mean that, their respond letter is general (a theme) and there is nothing wrong with my documents and work experience? and they have returned it just because of mistyped fee?!!
in the letter it is also stated:" please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checked checklist(s) and/or the enclosed Appendix(es)."
which is a notice about my payment.

BTW, if I want to resubmit my application, shall I renew the letter from my supervisor+ human resources+program confirmation letter?!
If it is just money, why they have emphasized and highlighted the regulation 10 of IRPA?

And also:
I checked schedule 3-section 12 (your work experience ) I have divided my part time work to two (part time=24hours a week ,compared to 48 hours a week for full time) for the work I have done during my MSC , and I have checked : 1 year but less than 2 check box.
I have done the same for my BSc work experience and calculated the equivalent full time myself.
Can it also be the reason?!

P.S: if necessary, I can type all the letter word by word to you here?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Quick question about the proof of settlement fund.

Do banks provide any record/documents specifically for immigration propose (I've a RBC account) or just printing monthly statements for last 6 months is fine?