CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
The status of my new application is in process but I never received any email for my file number yet.
You'll receive it very soon, as Chakri264 received his PER yesterday.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
salam20 said:
I have got the PER for the second application.

Please note: my first app. is still in process. I had a request for proof of fund on May 8th, 2013.
What are the dates of your new application?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:
I received a call from MP's office today morning. MP's assistant told me that she has received a call from CIC that they have reopened my case and they will contact me when they make a decision.
Has your eCAS status changed to in process again?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:
No, it is still decision made.
I will update you if it changes to in process.
Ok, thanks!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Guys, a few days ago I sent an inquiry to Ottawa about whether they received my bank statements or not. The response came from this department: NN05116.

mahiziya

Aug 24, 2011
Dear Seniors,
The following is the format of my employment history letter. Please have a look and let me know if I did any obvious mistake. I was actually very proud of this letter. Unfortunately it did not work that well with them. :( I had applied for the permanent residence status in canada through the phd stream in april 2012. After one year long wait, I received the rejection letter earlier this week with the main reason being the following. This is regarding my job letter.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letter of reference for your work experience as a Research/Teaching Assistant, NOC 4012 at the XXXXXX (University) listed duties which matched the actions of a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected, but not the actions contained in the lead statement. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed in b) above.

Job Letter:
This letter details the employment and work history of XXXX in my research group in the Dept. of XXX at the Univ. of XXXX as well as a teaching assistant in the Dept. of XXX at the Univ. of XXXX.

Paragraph 2 mentioned my history as a student in my supervisor's group. The year I started as a masters student, the year I transferred to the PhD program etc. (about 4 sentences)

Throughout the M.Sc. and Ph.D. program he has been actively involved in research relating to novel XXX materials with emphasis on XXXX. XXX's responsibilities are far reaching and included teaching undergraduate students in laboratory settings, assisting and guiding undergraduate research students, conducting independent research and publication of his research in leading peer reviewed journals as well as presentations at international conferences.

Paragraph 4 basically explained the work I do in the laboratory and my duties in a nut shell. Mr. XXX is an expert in XXXXXX. Throughout his employment he has overseen the operation of XXXXX (laboratories, instruments etc.). His responsibilities included computer system maintenance, data analysis, report writing, writing of publications, report evaluation and marking exams.

Employment Details
Mr.XXX was employed for more than 5 years in two functions
a. PhD student/research assistant (full time)
b. Teaching assistant (part time)

The following details XXX's hours and responsibilities
a. RA:
Duration: > 5 years
Responsibilities: Carry out research, maintain lab equipment, publish research results, present at conferences
Work Hours: min. 40 hrs./week total: >10000 hours

b. TA
Duration: > 5years
Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate students, mark student reports and exams maintenance of teaching infrastructure
Work hours: x hrs./week total hours: > 1000 hours

The next in the letter was a table with year and total earnings for each year. I also attached another proof for this from the financial service of the university. Finally a general concluding remark.

I believed the letter contained each and every details they were looking for and still think this has the potential to file an appeal. Kindly let me know your thoughts. I would also like to know if anyone succeeded in getting a refusal overturned though appeal. In addition, is it a good idea to inquire about this by replying to the Otto-pilot email. Thanks again

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
mahiziya said:
Dear Seniors,
The following is the format of my employment history letter. Please have a look and let me know if I did any obvious mistake. I was actually very proud of this letter. Unfortunately it did not work that well with them. :( I had applied for the permanent residence status in canada through the phd stream in april 2012. After one year long wait, I received the rejection letter earlier this week with the main reason being the following. This is regarding my job letter.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letter of reference for your work experience as a Research/Teaching Assistant, NOC 4012 at the XXXXXX (University) listed duties which matched the actions of a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected, but not the actions contained in the lead statement. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed in b) above.

Job Letter:
This letter details the employment and work history of XXXX in my research group in the Dept. of XXX at the Univ. of XXXX as well as a teaching assistant in the Dept. of XXX at the Univ. of XXXX.

Paragraph 2 mentioned my history as a student in my supervisor's group. The year I started as a masters student, the year I transferred to the PhD program etc. (about 4 sentences)

Throughout the M.Sc. and Ph.D. program he has been actively involved in research relating to novel XXX materials with emphasis on XXXX. XXX's responsibilities are far reaching and included teaching undergraduate students in laboratory settings, assisting and guiding undergraduate research students, conducting independent research and publication of his research in leading peer reviewed journals as well as presentations at international conferences.

Paragraph 4 basically explained the work I do in the laboratory and my duties in a nut shell. Mr. XXX is an expert in XXXXXX. Throughout his employment he has overseen the operation of XXXXX (laboratories, instruments etc.). His responsibilities included computer system maintenance, data analysis, report writing, writing of publications, report evaluation and marking exams.

Employment Details
Mr.XXX was employed for more than 5 years in two functions
a. PhD student/research assistant (full time)
b. Teaching assistant (part time)

The following details XXX's hours and responsibilities
a. RA:
Duration: > 5 years
Responsibilities: Carry out research, maintain lab equipment, publish research results, present at conferences
Work Hours: min. 40 hrs./week total: >10000 hours

b. TA
Duration: > 5years
Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate students, mark student reports and exams maintenance of teaching infrastructure
Work hours: x hrs./week total hours: > 1000 hours

The next in the letter was a table with year and total earnings for each year. I also attached another proof for this from the financial service of the university. Finally a general concluding remark.

I believed the letter contained each and every details they were looking for and still think this has the potential to file an appeal. Kindly let me know your thoughts. I would also like to know if anyone succeeded in getting a refusal overturned though appeal. In addition, is it a good idea to inquire about this by replying to the Otto-pilot email. Thanks again
Unfortunately, there is no indication in your letter that you assist university professors which is the lead statement for a RA/TA. It is mentioned in your letter that you assist undergraduate research students instead of professors.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Parkinson said:
Unfortunately, there is no indication in your letter that you assist university professors which is the lead statement for a RA/TA. It is mentioned in your letter that you assist undergraduate research students instead of professors.
yes, i believe that's why your letter was not accepted..we have had several cases on this forum where if the lead statement was not explicitly mentioned, it resulted in an unfortunate rejection... :(

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
My online PR app status changed to "Decision Made" yesterday. Now let's see how long it takes them to contact me and hopefully with a good news :)

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I received a rejection email today, stating "Your letter of reference from the University of British Columbia did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described in the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above."

I thought my letter was pretty good. Has anyone successfully appealed this or should I just wait until I graduate?

Anyone have an idea how long a common law application takes?

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:
I guess worked on xxxxx in the lab and did xxxx under my supervision, does not count as assisting!
Sorry to hear that..

Wish you will be able to appeal and get success.

BTW what is the status of your ecas??

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
tahhiir said:
Sorry to hear that..

Wish you will be able to appeal and get success.

BTW what is the status of your ecas??
Yeah, I really though my letter was good, and I sent supporting evidence. The rejection clearly states it is a lead statement issue not the hours worked.

I will double check everything and maybe speak to a lawyer.

My ecas still states in process - we received your application on May 4th.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
I received a rejection email today, stating "Your letter of reference from the University of British Columbia did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described in the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above."

I thought my letter was pretty good. Has anyone successfully appealed this or should I just wait until I graduate?

Anyone have an idea how long a common law application takes?
This is just amazing. Also show to anyone that thinks there is discrimination in the process that they are mistaken.
After all this long, I just think that they don't actually know what to do with this stream so they are rejecting everyone for any idiotic problem.