+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
Seniors
Advice please ???

Mohazy said:
Dear All,
I am new to this forum (got to know about it 3 days ago), and I have a strange timeline , so I am sharing it with you
Application sent: August 20, 2012
PER: November 1, 2012
I got married earlier this year and I informed CPP-Ottawa on February 23, 2013. (I sent them an updated proof of funds, original PCCs for myself and spouse at the time as well)
My CAIPS shows that they updated my status on March 25, 2013.
On May 13th, I sent them another update (My wife came as a visitor and she got an open work permit after that), I also sent them updated proof of funds, and updated letter of reference (with the lead statement and all the duties on the NOC code)
I have to add that I submitted original copies of everything at the time of application (PCC, Masters)

To my surprise , I received an email on May 30th asking me to pay the RPRF (from GG06553)
The wording was as follows : "This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: 06/30/2013)
However, the emails did not contain any links. I searched online and i got to know this amazing forum where I found the correct link
I paid the RPRF on the same day and sent them the receipt by mail and email (they received it by mail the next day)

Another surprise on May 31st, they sent me 2 automated emails with the following subject "Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about E0000******"
The emails contained instructions on how to do my medicals (separate email for myself and separate email for my spouse)

Last surprise, today I checked my e-cas and found that they started processing my application on May 31st

My questions are:
1) If they requested me to undergo medicals, does it imply that they accepted my modified letter of reference and I already passed eligibility ? or the work experience have not been evaluated yet? Work experience is my only concern as I have enough points (wife has masters degree, high IELTS score, solid bank account)
2) In their email to pay the RPRF, they only mentioned my UCI number and did not mention my spouse's. However I paid the 980 CAD. Is that normal?
3) I highly doubt that they started doing any eligibility yet (I am an august applicant). But what about these medicals?

Please provide me with your comments
Thanks in advance

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Honestly we can make a lot of guesses on your file. For now just think positively as it looks all right from my point of view. At the same time as CIC surprises us every other day order a CAIPS and let us know what happened.

Mohazy said:
The email requesting the RPRF was signed by GG06553
The medicals had no signatures

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
Thanks a lot Kuzey
CIC are just so confusing
I didn't expect to hear back from them till at least next August

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Mohazy said:
Has anyone been refused after medicals due to insufficient work experience ?
Do not worry. They accept any additional letter you send them provided they receive it before their date of decision. Just make sure they have attached your additional letters to your application.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
should we see more movements for May applicants next week? given this surprising case.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
I agree that you have a strange timeline :)
I believe that you passed the eligibility since you got the MR and you eCAS was updated on May 31st, this makes you the first among August's applicant. Congrats!
Mohazy said:
Dear All,
I am new to this forum (got to know about it 3 days ago), and I have a strange timeline , so I am sharing it with you
Application sent: August 20, 2012
PER: November 1, 2012
I got married earlier this year and I informed CPP-Ottawa on February 23, 2013. (I sent them an updated proof of funds, original PCCs for myself and spouse at the time as well)
My CAIPS shows that they updated my status on March 25, 2013.
On May 13th, I sent them another update (My wife came as a visitor and she got an open work permit after that), I also sent them updated proof of funds, and updated letter of reference (with the lead statement and all the duties on the NOC code)
I have to add that I submitted original copies of everything at the time of application (PCC, Masters)

To my surprise , I received an email on May 30th asking me to pay the RPRF (from GG06553)
The wording was as follows : "This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: 06/30/2013)
However, the emails did not contain any links. I searched online and i got to know this amazing forum where I found the correct link
I paid the RPRF on the same day and sent them the receipt by mail and email (they received it by mail the next day)

Another surprise on May 31st, they sent me 2 automated emails with the following subject "Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about E0000******"
The emails contained instructions on how to do my medicals (separate email for myself and separate email for my spouse)

Last surprise, today I checked my e-cas and found that they started processing my application on May 31st

My questions are:
1) If they requested me to undergo medicals, does it imply that they accepted my modified letter of reference and I already passed eligibility ? or the work experience have not been evaluated yet? Work experience is my only concern as I have enough points (wife has masters degree, high IELTS score, solid bank account)
2) In their email to pay the RPRF, they only mentioned my UCI number and did not mention my spouse's. However I paid the 980 CAD. Is that normal?
3) I highly doubt that they started doing any eligibility yet (I am an august applicant). But what about these medicals?

Please provide me with your comments
Thanks in advance

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
I sent it by mail and by email. I hope they did attach it to my file. I will send them an email to inquire whether they added it to my file or not

aidina said:
Do not worry. They accept any additional letter you send them provided they receive it before their date of decision. Just make sure they have attached your additional letters to your application.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Mohazy said:
I sent it by mail and by email. I hope they did attach it to my file. I will send them an email to inquire whether they added it to my file or not
You must make an inquiry to make sure it is attached. I did not do that, and they rejected me 3 month ago. It took me 3 month to prove my case and bring back my application to the line.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Mohazy said:
Mohazy, congratulations :) That was really fast!!! I think it's almost safe to say that you have passed eligibility. But order GCMS notes to clarify the matter. And do not delay the payment of RPRF :) Anyway, can you share the full content of your RPRF email? Does it say that you have been found eligible in the class you applied PR for?

I can think of one thousand and one reasons how an application can still be rejected after eligibility and medical (such as if you shoplifted, or joined a violence organization, you have cancer, etc), but if you have passed eligibility, they won't reject you based on work experience anyway, which is why, apply GCMS notes and pay RPRF RIGHT NOW, and do medical as soon as possible :)

Your processing should be smooth sailing from now on (but still expect your file to be finalized later than May, June or July applicants though; it's only fair :) )

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
Thanks a lot aidina. I sent them an email today. Hope they reply soon

aidina said:
You must make an inquiry to make sure it is attached. I did not do that, and they rejected me 3 month ago. It took me 3 month to prove my case and bring back my application to the line.

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
asbereth said:
Mohazy, congratulations :) That was really fast!!! I think it's almost safe to say that you have passed eligibility. But order GCMS notes to clarify the matter. And do not delay the payment of RPRF :) Anyway, can you share the full content of your RPRF email? Does it say that you have been found eligible in the class you applied PR for?

I can think of one thousand and one reasons how an application can still be rejected after eligibility and medical (such as if you shoplifted, or joined a violence organization, you have cancer, etc), but if you have passed eligibility, they won't reject you based on work experience anyway, which is why, apply GCMS notes and pay RPRF RIGHT NOW, and do medical as soon as possible :)

Your processing should be smooth sailing from now on (but still expect your file to be finalized later than May, June or July applicants though; it's only fair :) )

Hi Asbereth,
I ordered my CAIPS today for the second time. I ordered them before, and till 11th April they haven't initiated any of the tests yet (security, eligibility, etc)
I paid the RPRF same day I got the email and they received the mail with the receipt the next day. I also sent them an email with scanned copy of the receipt.
I received medical request on Friday, called a doctor and was able to schedule an appointment on Tuesday.
The email did not mention anything about being eligible for the class I applied PR for, Moreover, it did not mention anything about paying the RPRF for my spouse (they sent 2 separate emails for medical requests thoe)
the exact wording of the email was as follows:

Date: May 30, 2013
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application: XXXXXXXXXX

Applicant name

Email: ****************

Dear ***************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI - My name:

> RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: 06/30/2013

:) I do not mind if they finish processing my applications even after 2 years. Knowing that you passed eligibility gives you peace of mind.
Getting unexpected emails from CIC (even with medical requests) doesn't make you feel "smooth", if you get what I mean

Also, I do not think they would be able to process everything in the period between April 11th and May 31st
I am not pessimistic, but I do not feel comfortable regarding this fast progress
BTW, what does "we started processing your application on May 31" imply?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi Mohazy,

The composition of your RPRF email was a bit different compared to some others I know, but it's okay, I wouldn't count on consistency from them anyway. Usually there would be a sentence that states you have passed eligibility.

The second eCas line, within the context of in-land PhD stream at least, usually implies that your eligibility is over and your file is ready for further processing (security, criminality, and medical). I think it should be the case for your as well. Your GCMS notes can definitely shed some light as to what's going on. Another option would be to contact (call by phone) your local MP, but it's hard to justify this action since you applied on August 2012, and not even CEC August 2012 have had their files finalized.

And yes, it is possible to carry out your eligibility assessment in just a single day, so just because nothing had happened on April 11, didn't mean they couldn't have done anything by May 31 :)

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
asbereth said:
Hi Mohazy,

The composition of your RPRF email was a bit different compared to some others I know, but it's okay, I wouldn't count on consistency from them anyway. Usually there would be a sentence that states you have passed eligibility.

The second eCas line, within the context of in-land PhD stream at least, usually implies that your eligibility is over and your file is ready for further processing (security, criminality, and medical). I think it should be the case for your as well. Your GCMS notes can definitely shed some light as to what's going on. Another option would be to contact (call by phone) your local MP, but it's hard to justify this action since you applied on August 2012, and not even CEC August 2012 have had their files finalized.

And yes, it is possible to carry out your eligibility assessment in just a single day, so just because nothing had happened on April 11, didn't mean they couldn't have done anything by May 31 :)
Thanks so much Asbereth, I ordered my CAIPS notes and as soon as I receive them, I will share the details here
For those who have a spouse, their spouses were mentioned in the RPRF email as well?