19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
otacon said:
Received the passport request on Mar. 26.
YEAH! GOOD NEWS ARE ALWAYS REFRESHING. Very glad for you. Keep us informed!
Can you confirm you got Medical Received on your e-cas?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Wow already have ppl from Feb that has passport request before those in Jan... hmm..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Wow already have ppl from Feb that has passport request before those in Jan... hmm..
Stronger applications :D

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
websphereguy said:
Ya, but I think this could be explained by the fact that January was a month full of rejections, and for some reason, a lot of people from January just recently got medical request, and the one that did get MR within normal time (TyrusX) had to deal with slow MR appointment, and late medical report submission. Also, my doctor, for example, just recently implemented e-medical, so that could be one of the other reasons why.

Now you brought up January, I wonder how 30pixie is doing? She said that she would notify us if she heard anything, but how about at least her eCas status? I wonder if she's currently processed roughly by similar processing times as other January applicants, or if she's faster (since she got her MR much earlier)? 30pixie, can you tell us whether or not your eCas status has changed to medical received or decision made, and on what date?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Ya, but I think this could be explained by the fact that January was a month full of rejections, and for some reason, a lot of people from January just recently got medical request, and the one that did get MR within normal time (TyrusX) had to deal with slow MR appointment, and late medical report submission. Also, my doctor, for example, just recently implemented e-medical, so that could be one of the other reasons why.

Now you brought up January, I wonder how 30pixie is doing? She said that she would notify us if she heard anything, but how about at least her eCas status? I wonder if she's currently processed roughly by similar processing times as other January applicants, or if she's faster (since she got her MR much earlier)? 30pixie, can you tell us whether or not your eCas status has changed to medical received or decision made, and on what date?
She hasn't logged in the forum since Jan 13.

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
asbereth said:
Holy crap, congratulations, man :D Did your status change to decision made?
Yes. I just checked. It is "decision made" now.

TyrusX said:
YEAH! GOOD NEWS ARE ALWAYS REFRESHING. Very glad for you. Keep us informed!
Can you confirm you got Medical Received on your e-cas?
Yep, but it doesn't come with an exact date. I didn't check my e-cas until receiving the passport request.

Code:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Code:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Wowo, so we get decision made as soon as passport request is done? This is surprising!

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
I'm not 100% sure :) as I didn't check ecas in the past month...

TyrusX said:
Code:

Wowo, so we get decision made as soon as passport request is done? This is surprising!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
otacon said:
I'm not 100% sure :) as I didn't check ecas in the past month...
I have a feeling that your decision made status actually showed up a couple of days ago.

I heard from some seniors here that the third eCas line (for MI-3 applications and later) indicated that you passed medical, and your security check is initiated. Some people took only a couple of days to pass security, whereas some others take forever. I think security check should be much faster for us in Canada than for those applying from overseas.

Let's just hope for the best :D

bioleaching

Jun 27, 2012
According to the database, seems those who were not eligible, after around a month since Ottawa received their requested documents, were rejected. Does not matter when they' ve got their file numbers. Like my friend who' s got his file number in July 2012, then requested additional doc in Feb, and rejected in March.

What do you think? If so, it would be a good news for those who sent their req. doc. more than month ago.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
bioleaching said:
According to the database, seems those who were not eligible, after around a month since Ottawa received their requested documents, were rejected. Does not matter when they' ve got their file numbers. Like my friend who' s got his file number in July 2012, then requested additional doc in Feb, and rejected in March.
Initially, I too thought that those who got document request were already in the safe as far as selection factor is concerned. But this did not seem to be the case since andy.fan got rejected after he submitted bank statement, due to insufficient number of points (he was refused the 5 adaptability points).

In my case though, I ordered CAIPS notes just before I got my document request, but when I received it a week ago, it was dated several days after the request, so there were a lots of movements in my file. It looks like the officer made the request for bank statement and PCC for me after he awarded me more than 67 points (I got 68 points), but I did not get any adaptability.

This is why I encourage all who already got document request to order their GCMS notes, just to see whether or not the visa officer has evaluated their files against the selection factor. I'm really curious.

One thing that is likely the case though, the officer is issuing document request during eligibility review, but whether or not it's before or after selection factor has been passed is still yet a mystery. I'll share the wording on my GCMS notes in a bit.

EDIT: the wording goes as follows
I have assessed this application against the selection criteria for Federal Skilled Workers:

Education: M.Sc. from Foundation University XXXXXXX. From application form, PA claims more than 17 years of education. Points = 25.

Work Experience: Qualifying period: 14FEB02 to 14FEB12. PA claims following work experience:
1) Research/Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) from XXXXX to date of application at Zeus University. PA submitted a letter of reference dated XXXXXXX which did list duties that matched the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC 4012. PA has full-time equivalent of 1 year and 9 months of work experience.
2) Research/Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) from XXXXX to date of application at Foundation University. PA submitted a letter of reference dated XXXXXXX which did list duties that matched the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC 4012. PA has full-time equivalent of 1 year and 2 months of work experience.
No other work experience claimed. 2 years of work experience, but less than 3 = 17 points

Arranged Employment: None = 0 points

Language: PA meets High assessment in 4 abilities. No claim to French language ability Language = 16 points

Adaptability: No spouse, no previous work in Canada. No completion of a program of study in Canada of two years' duration. Adaptability = 0 points

Total points = 68

Applicant meets pass mark.

PA claims $12,000 in transferrable funds. I will request new statement and 6 months of account history.
So you see, the request was actually made after he assessed my file against the 67 point criteria, so I will still stand by my earlier statement that, if an Ottawa officer made a document request at all, then most likely he would have awarded you more than 67 points, though the final result may still change, but at least I think he has accepted at least one year of continuous work experience from your application.

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
Are you a Phd student in Canada for more than 2 years? if so, I guess we can no longer count on the the 5 adaptability point for 2 years study in Canada without completing a program since I notice your adaptability point is 0.

asbereth said:
Initially, I too thought that those who got document request were already in the safe as far as selection factor is concerned. But this did not seem to be the case since andy.fan got rejected after he submitted bank statement, due to insufficient number of points (he was refused the 5 adaptability points).

In my case though, I ordered CAIPS notes just before I got my document request, but when I received it a week ago, it was dated several days after the request, so there were a lots of movements in my file. It looks like the officer made the request for bank statement and PCC for me after he awarded me more than 67 points (I got 68 points), but I did not get any adaptability.

This is why I encourage all who already got document request to order their GCMS notes, just to see whether or not the visa officer has evaluated their files against the selection factor. I'm really curious.

One thing that is likely the case though, the officer is issuing document request during eligibility review, but whether or not it's before or after selection factor has been passed is still yet a mystery. I'll share the wording on my GCMS notes in a bit.

EDIT: the wording goes as follows
So you see, the request was actually made after he assessed my file against the 67 point criteria, so I will still stand by my earlier statement that, if an Ottawa officer made a document request at all, then most likely he would have awarded you more than 67 points, though the final result may still change, but at least I think he has accepted at least one year of continuous work experience from your application.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Tempestleo said:
Are you a Phd student in Canada for more than 2 years? if so, I guess we can no longer count on the the 5 adaptability point for 2 years study in Canada without completing a program since I notice your adaptability point is 0.
Yes. We are not being awarded those points. They are only for previous degrees.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I am so sorry for all who got their app. rejected, I would encourage everybody to get new exp. letters.

I have two points:
1) In fact, I am working on preparing new work experience letters, get new PCC, and I want ask.
I know it is very risky as they may reject my application for a reason that I do not expect. Do you agree that 50 days is a long time for the officer to request and receive the medical results?

Can I get medical exam done and sent to CPP before without their request?

2) I got a new born baby, will I get any points for that?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
salam20 said:
I am so sorry for all who got their app. rejected, I would encourage everybody to get new exp. letters.

I have two points:
1) In fact, I am working on preparing new work experience letters, get new PCC, and I want ask.
I know it is very risky as they may reject my application for a reason that I do not expect. Do you agree that 50 days is a long time for the officer to request and receive the medical results?

Can I get medical exam done and sent to CPP before without their request?

2) I got a new born baby, will I get any points for that?
Undergoing the medical exam before their request, I do not see any point in doing that. Regarding the baby: yes, you will get 5 adaptability points towards the maximum of 10 points. BTW, you must inform them about your new born baby.